<December 2012>
16171819202122
skinnyas123's Blog
Maybe this diet just doesnt work for me
Day 1 and 2 went amazing. I dropped 3 pounds (my first day weight was actually 165.8, not just 165) but then after those two days i havent lost even ONE SINGLE POUND. Thats right.... Im still at that same stand still. I dont get it! :( not gonna lie, im extremely discouraged. Im not gonna quit just yet but if by the end of induction i still havent lost much then i dont see what the point is in sticking to this diet. I drink tons of water, eat 18-20 carbs a day and exersise for 1-2 hours a day. And yet apparently im no good enough to lose weight i guess. Im so so pissed. Meanwhile, my dad is only on day 4 (im on day 6) and he has lost more than me. Its just so frustrating. Especially since i track every little carb i eat- he doesnt. He eats non stop during the day and i only eat when im hungry. So please explain to me why i dont deserve to lose weight too?! :(
Published Tuesday, December 04, 2012 06:33 AM by skinnyas123
Filed Under: Induction, Weight Loss, Exercise, Plateau, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
D.A.C. said:
Women and men seem to loose weight at different rates, it seems like men only need to think about a diet and they loose 5lbs. So maybe you shouldn't compare your loss rate with your dad's. Also maybe you should not weigh in every day maybe try once or twice a week...it's kind of a mental thing. Few things that are worth while are easy...if weight loss was an easy journey EVERYONE would be skinny. The harder you try the more you deserve the outcome. Keep your chin up!
December 04, 2012 07:23 AM EST
memebx said:
You do deserve to loos weight!! Don't give up. You may simply need to decrease your carb intake for the first two weeks. Try only eating 10 carbs a day and see how it goes. Hang in there! It will work. Years ago the introudction phase used to be 0 carbs for the first week then increase by 5 carbs a week till you get to 25 or so. Boy, does that work, not recommended unless you eat every few hours though
December 04, 2012 08:41 AM EST
SpideyChic said:
I'm going through the same thing as Skinnyas123, It is very frustrating that my boyfriend has lost 8lbs and we are half way through induction and I have only lost 4lbs. I do weigh every morning and when I see the numbers not decreasing...it drives me nuts. I'm doing everything right...haven't cheated once. As Memebx suggested, I'm going to decrease my carbs. :(
December 04, 2012 08:58 AM EST
gwinder said:
Pleas don't beat yourself up..it will only make you more frustrated..the same thing happen to me..forgive yourself and move on...watch your Carbs very carefully and you will loose weight too..:-)
December 04, 2012 09:00 AM EST
SpideyChic said:
Thanks gwinder, I'm definitely not giving up!
December 04, 2012 09:03 AM EST
MI2NJ97 said:
Ok, this is going to sting a little....but, 6 days is NOTHING. You can choose ANY diet you want, but if all you give is 6 days, the end result will be the same. If after 6 weeks you see nothing, then you are "entitled" to bemoan the lack of loss. Also, men and women lose weight differently. Don't compare yourself to your Dad (or any one else). Even though you are counting carbs, are you checking the labels for white flour, corn syrup solids, nitrates/nitrites (sodium). How much water are you drinking? Are you actually eating enough and not too little. Too little can stall your metabolism. You mentioned your weight but not knowing your body composition, you may not have a lot of weight to lose, which means it may be slow. Be patient. Give it 6 weeks. See where you are then.
December 04, 2012 09:21 AM EST
janese55 said:
Hang in there, for yourself and your happiness, don't give up on yourself - I agree with the other comments, give it some more time - I had a similiar issue around day 8 of induction, I was doing everything exactly to the letter, and I gained 2 lbs - so I had to regroup and strategize, I found that there were some hidden carbs in my diet in the bacon and oinons, i had to drop a few foods that I was addicted to and overdoing it on, like cheese. I had to track my calorie intake better and stay between 1200 and 1500. So don't lose the war because you lost a battle, strategize and continue to fight.
December 04, 2012 10:08 AM EST
jt61328 said:
Hang in there! I have stalled but feel so much better! :) JT
December 04, 2012 10:49 AM EST
debbily said:
Think positive! This plan works so well! I agree with all of the above posts that you need to give it more time. Track everything that you are eating and see where your calories are. Make sure that you are eating enough. Also make sure that you are eating enough fat, that is what worked for me. Hope that helps, hang in there!
December 04, 2012 12:01 PM EST
Chocolette said:
Please, please, don't give up. Atkins really does work. Be patient and stay focused and it will happen. Men do lose weight faster than women and that's been documented so please don't let your Dad's progress discourage you. You may not be eating enough, you know. I've found that if I eat more - even small meals and allowed snacks help tremendously. It keeps the metabolism revved up. I know it seems counter intuitive but give it a try. Make sure you're drinking lots and lots of water. Hang in there and good luck!
December 04, 2012 02:01 PM EST
skinnyas123 said:
Once again thank you guys :) I really appreciate all the help. It's not like me to get discouraged this easily, but I guess from eharing all the stories of people SHEDDING pounds, it makes me feel like a failure... Anyway, I tweaked my diet a lot today so we'll see what happens tomorrow. (I finally cut the Atkins bars!) And after my weigh in tomorrow (it will be exactly one week tomorrow) I will stop weighing in every day. You guys are right, it gets in my head way too much. I'll weigh in only 2 days a week. Saturday and Wednesday- that's an actual promise. About the water, that's definitely not my issue, I drank around 80 ounces of water today haha
December 04, 2012 06:40 PM EST