<January 2012>
15161718192021
ellensjourney!'s Blog
In Ketosis but not losing weight
Has anyone had issues with being in ketosis, but not losing weight.  I started about 5 weeks ago and have lost 11 pounds.  I am in med/deep ketosis but the scale has not shown any weight lost for a few days now.  Can it be that I am not eating enough carbs?  Some days I do not eat even 20 grams.  HELP!!
Published Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:44 AM by ellensjourney!
Filed Under: Induction
Comments
cindyla6 said:
Your body might think you are starving it. Sometimes it takes a while for your body to believe that you have made changes, but all of the sudden, you will lose. Try switching up what you are eating. Also, make sure you eat about 5 little meals a day, that keeps your metabolism even, and will help keep your body balanced. I used to skip breakfast, eat a late lunch and then pig out all evening. I have found that if I start out eating breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, I am not starving and my body has more energy! Don't give up!!
January 12, 2012 12:52 PM EST
dbame883 said:
Hi, Ive been in the deepest color of ketosis for 3 weeks and havent dropped an ounce! Im insulin resistant and have been told thats why. Im staying focused and I hope that my body will realize its ok to let the weight go....Lets try to stay motivated together.
January 12, 2012 12:56 PM EST
volleyballgirl said:
I've got the same problem. My nutritionist told me that my body needs more time to figure out the changes I've made. It is so discouraging not to see any change in the scale or measurements, but hang in there. Don't let the scale rule your life! Keep going, you can do this! :)
January 12, 2012 01:06 PM EST
avatar666 said:
Im getting frustrated also. I got on atkins years ago and lost 25 lbs in a few months. the first 2 weeks I lost 15 pounds! Then I had a lot of family problems and stopped the diet. a few weeks ago i decided it was time to start again. Ive been doing induction for 2 weeks and ive only lost 4 pounds. I actually gained back a 1/2 pound I lost! Im frustrated. I blame menopause! Im going to stick with it but its making me frustrated!!!
January 31, 2012 08:50 AM EST
ljpotratz@ntd.net said:
I started on January 1st and have lost 8 pounds. It was so encouraging to see that scale move. And now it has stopped :o(. But I will stick with the rest of you and give it a few more weeks to see what happens. 15 more pounds to my goal which I am hoping to hit by 05/30/2012.
January 31, 2012 11:38 AM EST
bensonfam said:
I've been on the atkins diet for about 6 wks now. I lost 5 pounds in the frst week and have been in med to heavy ketosis the whole time. There has been no more weight loss since the first week. It's very frustrating, I have no idea why I'm not losing any more pounds. I was comforted to see that I'm not the only one, thanks.
May 24, 2012 11:12 AM EST