<July 2014>
20212223242526
doordie's Blog
Good Morning!
Another weekend is behind us and I think I lost 1/2 pound.  My actual weigh-in day is tomorrow, but things are looking good.  The worst case scenario is I stayed the same, but the best is that I might have actually lost a half pound.
      I made the best bacon and tomato wrap yesterday with Flat Out light flatbread.  it was huge!  I spread it with Mayo, then 3 slices of bacon, one slice of cheese (in 3 pieces) then 3 thin slices of tomato, and finally a fried egg.  I spread out everything on the flatbread so I could roll it all up and secured it with a couple of toothpicks.  The flatbreat was 7 carbs, making the whole thing about 10.5 carbs total.  If you are hungry for a bacon and tomato sandwich, this is the way to go.     One is plenty.
     It is cooler today and turning out to be an excellent day weatherwise. I hope everyone has good news to report.
Published Monday, July 28, 2014 12:00 PM by doordie
Filed Under: OWL, Phase 3 & 4, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
hboldra said:
Yeah, Doordie:) and that lunch sounds delicious:) where do you get the flatbread?
July 28, 2014 01:31 PM EST
TompSkins said:
Glad to hear you are still going strong! It's amazing how you can feel a 1/2 pound or a pound's difference so much more once you have already lost significant weight. I always say the weight is like paper on a paper towel roll or toilet paper roll... the a smaller amount has a greater impact on the size of the roll than it does at the beginning. That's good to know when even though we don't lose as much as we did at the beginning, a smaller amount can still have a big result! Good luck to you on your continued progress!
July 28, 2014 01:38 PM EST
anaperla85 said:
yes your lunch does sound so delicious. I still can't have flatbread but hopefully later on i can try that recipe.
July 28, 2014 01:47 PM EST
suelss said:
Your wrap sounds wonderful! I did something similar. I sliced up a garden tomato with some bacon, cheese and a dollop of mayo on a leaf of lettuce. FInally enjoying some good homegrown tomatoes!
July 28, 2014 03:20 PM EST
suelss said:
Jiminy, I have to admit this: You are one of my oldest friends on Atkins and I just realized today what Doordie means. I'm kinda slow!!
July 28, 2014 03:22 PM EST
being-there said:
@suelss - me too!
July 28, 2014 04:41 PM EST
doordie said:
I purchased the Flat Out Flatbread at the deli dept in Walmart lying there with all the specialty breads. Get the "light Original. Sue I have tried a bacon and tomato in a lettuce leaf wrap and it is good, but terribly messy. The tomatoes squished out and dripped something terrible. Another good wrap is Mama Lupe's low carb tortilla, That works too, but not as good as the flatbread.
July 29, 2014 03:06 PM EST