<April 2012>
15161718192021
capdeb's Blog
How many are doing "Old Atkins"?????

I'm just curious as to how many people have found the old plan works better for them?  I have been doing the new one for two months come Friday and I have lost 14 lbs but it has been a REAL STRUGGLE. I have lost only 2.4 lbs in the total second month.  (NO cheating with excercise, everyday) Up and then down, then back up, then down 1 lb.  Its been crazy.....I'm seriously contemplating doing the old but would love to hear from my Atkins Family!  : )

Oh, by the way, I am not complaining,...LOL!

Published Monday, April 02, 2012 04:53 PM by capdeb
Filed Under: Induction
Comments
locaag said:
I'm doing the old version, just finished my second week. Can't say how well it's working for me this time around because of the Shred, it's doing funky things to my numbers. The first week I lost 7 pounds and the second week I started the shred and so far have gained 2 back and lost very few in the way of inches. The last 2 times I did Atkins, and it was the old version, I lost lots of weight at the beginning and the inches moved easier too. Could be my old resistant bones this time, I was much younger the last time I did this. How have your inches been going? If you're losing inches and not weight then it'll somehow catch up, that's what I read around here, no idea how it happens and never experienced it but muscle does weigh more than fat, soooo. There's also something they call the "whoosh". Does anyone know more about this?
April 02, 2012 05:12 PM EST
kokske said:
HI there, I to have a hard time with the new Atkins. Years ago I was on the old Atkins and did great, eating the Atkins way for life.I used to be 100.0 lb almost all my life,till I got sick and a doctor put me on Prednison,witch made me very ill, and and 60.0 lb gain of weight. my longs got worse, and I landed in the hospital with pneumonia, and forced on hospital food .Again against my will I was administered Prednison,after this adventure I got rit of the Doctor, but ever sinds I have not been able to lose the weight again. I am kind of trying to go to the old Atkins and seem at least to lose a couple of inches, so maybe there is hope.I also lost 5 lb the last two weeks.I am getting a bit of hope again, sleep better ,so that is a gain right? Take care Kokske
April 02, 2012 05:25 PM EST
dsmith9677 said:
Hi there. what is the difference between the old and the new?
April 02, 2012 05:33 PM EST
nsurancewhisprr said:
I didn't lose as much as I suspected I would. Then I went up and hit a plateau before I started the Shred. I second dsmith. What is the difference between old and new?
April 02, 2012 06:00 PM EST
FreshStartGrl said:
I'm also having a hard time on Atkins this time around! I am going on my 3rd week and have only lost 8 lbs. I have incorporated excerise which I didn't do before and I have not cheated once. I think I'm becoming obsessed with losing weight. I get on the scale daily and use the ketosis strips each time I use the restroom. Uggh.. I feel like the first couple times I did Atkins the weight came off quicker.
April 02, 2012 06:04 PM EST
Lillyrose125 said:
What is the old and new? I don't see the difference in induction except that now they say you could start in phase 2 OWLS....
April 02, 2012 06:36 PM EST
lindapar said:
I am back on the old Atkins. Five years ago I lost 50 lbs. within 5 months. I did not even try the new Atkins this time. Started January 2, 2012, have not weighed myself, I know when to get on that scale. But, I have taken measurements and lost 7 inches around back/chest, 7 inches waist, 1 inch thigh, 1 inch arm and 3.5 hips. So, I am fine this way and will not even try the new one. I keep 20 carbs or below daily...and not that i am proud of this, but have not started to exercise yet, but I will Good luck all!!!
April 02, 2012 07:03 PM EST
JKAC1299 said:
I am following the older version only because when I went to the bookstore that is what was on the shelf. It is not the oldest version but about 8 to 10 yrs old. I have lost 25 pds in 4 1/2 weeks so I have no complaints so far. I think the newer book allows you more servings of veggies. I stick with the 20 grams of carbs and I occasionally have some strawberries with cream and a sweetener packet on top for an extra 5 grams of carbs, but not everyday. The weight is dropping slower now but I needed the variety. I have not read the new book so I can't be sure exactly what the difference is either but if it ain't broke- don't fix it! lol
April 02, 2012 08:45 PM EST
unclebig said:
I'm using a book printed in 2002 and I've been very successful. 50 cents at the Salvation Army Thrift Store.
April 02, 2012 09:27 PM EST
TheChiTownGal said:
Ooooo..oooo...oooo...me...me...me! Hand raised! I am doing old Atkins!!
April 02, 2012 10:16 PM EST
MamaDubbs said:
Me too - old Atkins. I don't know what the difference is because the old book is all I have.
April 02, 2012 10:37 PM EST
BBWHoney said:
Your two months is Friday? My two months is Friday! yayy were sisters! I (guess) i'm doing the new atkins. Just meat and veggies. I won't really know how i'm doing until Fri when i weigh in. but i have to admit i'm concerned. It just seems like everyone has such DIFFERENT results. I don't think i will be too happy if i'm not losing. but i can say for sure i'm down quite a few inches since i started. I do think i liked the old atkins better. not that i mind eating veggies its just now with having to count calories (which i don't) i'm half afraid to eat and never sure if i'm eating enough. I liked the freedom of being able to eat until you were satisfied and not worry about weighing and measuring and counting calories. I hate having to worry about eating too much or not eating enough
April 03, 2012 06:11 AM EST
BBWHoney said:
Just sitting here thinking about this and maybe the new atkins is designed to help the weight come off a little slower so that it's more permanent. just a thought but i don't know
April 03, 2012 06:18 AM EST
diamonds2172 said:
The old Atkins , you really cant eat any carbs... where as the new atkins you are supposed to have 20-25 grams in foundation vegetables mainly and then the rest would be some sort of meat. I remember doing the old atkins and wishing to eat more salad....but I think the weight loss is faster on the old atkins too.....I guess I do a mix of both ??? cause I al really bad about keeping track. I am losing though so its good enough for me....
April 03, 2012 11:01 AM EST
talu64 said:
OLD Atkins ALL THE WAY!!!! stalled for what felt like forever, and always felt I was doing it wrong...I did some research and discovered according to the way I had done it before...I was. I went back to the "old" way and have lost a total of 22 pounds in 6 weeks. I give applause to those that can do the new Atkins (I like the variety of veggies!!!) - but for me only the OLD way will do!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!
April 03, 2012 03:41 PM EST