<June 2014>
15161718192021

Breakfast Just Got Deliciously Naughty!

Hello! How are you? I hope you've been having a great week!

If you're anything like me, I need a delicious breakfast to kick off my morning. Before starting on Atkins, I would often order a sandwich not realizing how unhealthy this choice could be. With Atkins' new breakfast sandwiches, there's finally a healthy option I can enjoy without feeling guilty. And, they are deliciously naughty!

I love both the sausage and bacon breakfast sandwiches so much; I honestly can't decide between the two! Try them all and let me know which one is your favorite! I also found a great way to cook them that works for someone on the run (aren't we all!). Toast the buns and microwave the rest of the sandwich - it's extra yummy this way.

Atkins breakfast sandwich has been quite the hit at The Talk - I've got everyone here eating them! I love being able to look forward to breakfast every morning with these goodies.

Is anyone else as excited as I am for the 4th of July?  I'll be in England where I’ll be watching Ozzy performing with Black Sabbath in Hyde Park in the heart of London.  My darling Ozzy and I will also be celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary - oh how time flies! How are you celebrating?

All My Love,

Published Friday, June 27, 2014 10:58 AM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Induction, Carb Balance/Carb Intolerance, Nutrition, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
sharec said:
Happy Anniversary!
June 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST
musacusa said:
You are such a beautiful woman-and your Atkins story is inspiring to us "newbies"! Happy Anniversary to you and Ozzie-and many more.
June 27, 2014 02:13 PM EST
paulamb65 said:
Happy Anniversary, wish I was going to London to see Ozzy, saw him way back in the day, but I digress. I love breakfast too and getting into making eggs, scrambled or fried, there are so many good recipes online. I'm loving the food choices. keep up your good work, you are an inspiration to us all. with your hectic lifestyle, you still manage to make healthy eating choices...I hope I can stay the course and continue my journey
June 27, 2014 02:16 PM EST
Sharec- Thank you my darling! x
June 27, 2014 03:17 PM EST
Musacusa - Thank you so much my darling! I'm so happy you're motivated by me. Keep up the work and keep in touch!
June 27, 2014 03:25 PM EST
JAYBB1 said:
Looking forward to enjoying them too ... hard boiled eggs when I'm on the go to work are getting a bit old -- but I'm down 19 lbs. now so I'm well on my way! :) Thank you Sharon for your stories, humor and inspiration! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
June 27, 2014 03:27 PM EST
paulamb65 - I 'm so glad you are loving the food choices! Atkins is really a lifestyle change. You inspire me as well. It keeps me going to hear from other people making changes and seeing results. Keep up the great work, darling!
June 27, 2014 03:36 PM EST
JAYBB1 - Congratulations my darling! Keep up the great work! Let me know what you think of the sandwiches. x
June 27, 2014 03:38 PM EST
memex5 said:
Happy anniversary & hope y'all are blessed with many many more... I haven't tried the breakfast sandwiches yet but I have learned to make my own version of sausage, egg & cheese "muffin" (the only muffin part is the pan that it's baked in lol)... I haven't checked in with for a while (you were so caring & concerned that I was going to quit cause I was having trouble with slow weight loss in the beginning) but I'm still going & the scale is still going down... I've lost a little over 35 lbs. but have plenty more to go...
June 27, 2014 04:09 PM EST
bereal said:
You are a beautiful woman. I am inspired by your success story. I am very new here (2 weeks). I am so bored with eggs. I didn't even know about the breakfast sandwiches. Thanks for telling me. I can't help it but I have to do it...."SHAAROON!" LOL! Ozzy is so funny!
June 27, 2014 08:56 PM EST
7Angels said:
Happy Anniversary Sharon You have inspire me by your success with Atkins and I am giving Atkins a try as I am sick of all the yo yo diets that out there. I stated at 238 and today I am 229 not too bad. Still have a lot more to lose I will get there one day at a time. I love reading your blogs and watching the talk. You and Ozzy are the best. Well best wishes to you both.....
June 27, 2014 10:13 PM EST
porkypine482 said:
Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. You are such an inspiration to me. I watched you on ET last night. Your just great! Thanks, Sue
June 28, 2014 10:18 AM EST
misslips31 said:
hi Sharon, happy anniversary and have a great time in London!! I have spoken to u here and there thru messages on facebook. I also go by Elizabeth. anywho, ive had my 63lb loss and still keeping it down after a year, I absolutely love this plan. hope all is well with u and ill see u around on facebook on the atkins site.
June 28, 2014 11:34 AM EST
JayhawkinMexico said:
Hi Sharon! Happy Anniversary! You and Ozzy got married just a few months before my husband and I did. We'll be celebrating 32 years in December. We're doing well and maintaining our weight loss. We're up to walking six miles a day at least 5 days a week. I think the exercise, the weight loss and healthy eating were all instrumental in helping my husband recover so quickly from the surgery he had in early May. He was discsharged from the hospital the day after the surgery and was back to walking, albeit more slowly and not quite as far, just 4 days after surgery. I'm glad you are enjoying the new breakfast sandwiches. They sound delicious. Unfortunatley, the frozen meals are not available in this part of Mexico. Maybe we can try them the next time we visit family in the USA. Take care! Cindi
June 28, 2014 09:27 PM EST
kclay61 said:
I will be working. Won't be celebrating with my family as I hoped. A wee bit bummed about that. Happy anniversary to you and Ozzy. My husband and I just celebrated our 35th anniversary. Hope you have a wonderful time in England and many more years together with Ozzy
July 04, 2014 08:14 AM EST
Coni24 said:
We celebrated with a family and friend picnic. It was beautiful weather for picnics and fireworks in Ohio this 4th. So we had a great time. I would like to wish you and Ozzy a very Happy Anniversary. I want to say that I love you on The Talk and watch it every afternoon that I can. I think you are such a sweet and down to earth person.
July 05, 2014 03:56 PM EST
m.gordon said:
Happy Anniversary to you and Ozzy! :) Had the chance to see him twice, have not seen one of his shows since the first reunion tour with Black Sabbath for Ozzfest in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area back in 98 I think it was. It's great to hear of such a long lasting marriage, I have been married to my husband for 14 yrs now, together for 16. We celebrated with his band here our little valley in Colorado. I did "cheat" that night. I was very good as far as the food, but when his bassist's brother and sister-in-law walked in with a cooler full of jungle juice, well, I just could not help myself. What I did not eat from all the goodies that were there, I more than made up for with this sugary concoction. Ugh!! After celebrating a dear friend's life the weekend before, and then the 4th, me and my scale are not getting along at all right now. And to top it off, a very impatient husband that when we need to go to the store, he wants to go, but then waits until he is just "starving" and then I am just SOL. lol. I have not yet tried the sandwiches, a bit scared about them due to the bread, I have just started this a little over a month ago and am staying in the induction phase until I hit my first goal. When I do mess up and have bread of any kind, I sure do feel it (may be all in my head though too). I have not chatted with you, or anything like that, but I do want to thank you, I have seen the transformation in you, and you are a true inspiration to me Sharon. You are actually the reason I began this new lifestyle. :) So thank you, once again!! -Miranda
July 08, 2014 11:23 AM EST
samsmom02 said:
Our 4th was me at home and my husband at work. Happy Anniversary to you and Ozzy! My husband and I had our 5th year anniversary yesterday. I am just starting my time with Atkins but Sharon you were my inspiration for choosing the Atkins diet over all of the options out there. To see you every day on 'The Talk' and how great you look, I hope that I can do as well as you have! I haven't been happy about how I look since I had my first back surgery fail, my first bad report card on my blood work yesterday lit the fire I needed to get moving. Thank you for a great blog Sharon!
July 09, 2014 04:42 PM EST
maly339417 said:
Thank you for the motivation....and I will be seeking out those breakfast sandwiches!!
July 10, 2014 03:03 PM EST
paulamb65 said:
congrats on ur anniversary, Im sure you both had a wonderful time. My fourth was exciting, had 2 pool parties to go to but the weather put a damper on the fireworks, but I did get a chance to ride on the 5th most of the day with my BFF so all in all it was great, I seemed to eat pretty healthy too. for me, I eat breakfast lunch and dinner, haven't been snacking, because I don't have much money to go to grocery store so I usually buy salad stuff, veggies like squash and broccoli and eggs. I had a bit of a stumble this past weekend, had a family cookout and my mom left a bunch of carbs...crackers, chips...i tried hard not to eat them but Fritos are my favorite, i checked the back and tried to eat a servings worth...but you know how that goes, I also ate pulled pork, but I thought it was low carb, until i checked the back of the bbq sauce bottle...12 carbs in 2 tblspns...i went way over my carb limit and gained 4 lbs. i was so unhappy but really focused on drinking water and really watchin the carbs..and when I weighed myself this am, I had lost 5 lbs...I was so excited. I know that if i stay focused and stay the course, i should see the scale continue to go down.
July 16, 2014 02:52 PM EST
randyolivier@outlook.com said:
Hi Sharon, Today is the first full day! I really like your blog already! You are a great role model for each of us as we get started on our own journey! Love the Ozzy comments too! Must be an incredible journey for you too! Hey, I don't know who to contact yet, but there are a couple of issues with the menu planner. When you go in to change a meal, you can select "Atkins Recipes." The breakfast options are pretty good, but the lunch/dinner options only go up to a 1.9g sautéed chicken option. HELP! You can also select "Search" and it brings up various categories; one of which is "Chain Restaurant." I cannot get anything to come up in this category. I typed in generic things, like hamburger, as well as specific things, like Big Mac and Whopper; to no avail. HELP!
July 17, 2014 12:48 PM EST
Beth2151 said:
Hello Mrs. O, I must tell you that I saw you on The Talk at the end of June and you talked about Atkins. I looked it up in the internet and read about it and started induction the very next day. So thank you so much, as it is working! Beth
July 24, 2014 08:27 PM EST