<June 2014>
15161718192021

Atkins in Abu Dhabi
Hello! How has your week been? What’s been going on? Don’t be shy, let’s hear it!

I just got back to Los Angeles, I had been on tour with Ozzy in Abu Dhabi and Russia. It was absolutely spectacular! I had the most wonderful time and I was able to stay on track with Atkins.

I think that says a lot about the program. It is flexible enough to stick to anywhere you go, from grandma’s house to Abu Dhabi! I think that has been a big part of why Atkins has worked for me. I don’t have a predictable lifestyle (who does these days?!), and with Atkins, that’s ok!

It is adaptable to your life for people all around the world, and once you’re in the maintenance phase of your weight loss, you can add in little things you like without throwing yourself off track. And, if you do start to feel off, you can always rely on strictly sticking to phase 1 to pull you right back in line. I think of it as my boot camp or my booty camp!

Now, this is not a permission slip to go off the deep end! This means you can mix in things like berries and low-carb breads on occasion. You’re all smart people, you know how to listen to your bodies and you know when you’re giving yourself too much leeway. Nevertheless, there is a bit of leeway to be given!

Atkins is adaptable enough to be molded and shaped in such a way that suits your lifestyle. Would you agree? Have you done this? What are some things you’ve been able to adapt over the years? Any why has this been important to you?

All My Love and Support,

Published Friday, June 06, 2014 11:22 AM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Carb Balance/Carb Intolerance, Weight Loss, Nutrition, Cravings / Problem foods
Comments
tracygern said:
This has been the latest subject on the blogs the past day or two - how to manage vacation eating, getting lazy about the plan, and how to get back on track when you slip off. It's easy to get used to the program when you've been on it a while (a year for me), and you get used to the new smaller body, and think you've got it all under control till you start slowly slipping. Really getting back on track by tightening up the foods consumed, and honestly tracking again helps to bring things back into focus - especially when you still have a good deal of weight to lose! Nice to see you are maintaining with such a busy schedule and travel - give the rest of us hope :-)
June 06, 2014 11:31 AM EST
Yes, you've got to stay away from the slippery slope! One "cheat day" turns into "oh, I didn't eat well yesterday, so I'll get back on tomorrow" turns into "I'll start back next week" and then you feel like you've lost too much progress
June 06, 2014 11:35 AM EST
mollytinker said:
I would like to know what dishes you chose while in Abu Dhabi -- and Russia! Thanks, Lee
June 06, 2014 11:47 AM EST
Molly Tinker - first of all, I love your fur baby in your photo! Have you ever been to those places? If I had any idea what anything was called, I would absolutely tell you! I made our travel guide aware of my preferences ahead of time, he selected wonderful things! Let me see if I can find out what exactly he chose, but there were lots of meats.
June 06, 2014 11:57 AM EST
hboldra said:
It looks like Atkins is agreeing with you, beautiful as always:) While I can't add to the conversation except for on induction ,I can't wait till I can add berries back into my diet. My energy levels just since getting all of the sugar out of my diet are great. Just wanted to say your blogs have been inspirational and it's awesome you take the time to share your experience with all of us. Heather
June 06, 2014 01:46 PM EST
Morganite33 said:
Hi Sharon, Great Timely post! I was traveling for over two weeks, and after about a week of living like I had never heard of Dr. Atkins, I got right back on "bootie camp" and am back on track now. My body was really protesting, and is now quite happy with me again. Love your TV program. Many blessings to you.
June 06, 2014 02:49 PM EST
kimsyra said:
That had to be an adventure! One of our Atkins group is taking a 2 week vacation in Japan and I wonder how she is handling the availability of beef and chicken. I'm pretty sure fish is her option right now. Glad you were able to maintain everything, being on the road!
June 06, 2014 08:51 PM EST
ck49445 said:
I agree with what Heather saId. You're beautiful and inspirational and I thank you for taking the time to blog for us. I've made it through the first week and I'm looking forward to meeting my weight and BMI goals. I envy you getting to travel to exotic locations. ck
June 08, 2014 09:45 PM EST
SlyBlueCat said:
Today is only my second day on Atkins, but it's fantastic to hear that you stayed motivated even while travelling. I love to travel, so eating out will be something I'll have to learn. You're an inspiration Sharon and you look fabulous!
June 09, 2014 06:36 PM EST
hoofbeats1984 said:
I start Atkins today!! For breakfast I'm having turkey bacon and eggs, I hope I can understand it well enough and follow it, I have 3 very young small little kiddos and I have mommy bran A LOT lol I'm not used to having fatty foods in my diet, yet I'm still 70lbs OVER WEIGHT! I'm beginning to learn that certain fats are essential. I'ts great to know that this diet is easy to follow on the go, I don't get to do a whole lot of traveling, but we do go shopping quite a bit outside of town (work, kids, horses..and a van that decides if it's going to run properly that day or not) and we eat out quite a bit!!
June 10, 2014 10:51 AM EST
ggonzales1111@gmail.com said:
I just started the Atkins system on Monday. I weighed myself this morning and found that I had lost 9 pounds! Now, I know that it's more than likely a lot of water weight, but I find that I'm feeling so much better being on a high protein/low-carb diet! My hubby likes to cook pasta (his mother is from Italy), and I'm always telling him that I "crave" foods with more protein. Now, since I'm still in the Induction phase, I just love telling him "Sorry, I can't eat that". He knows how serious I am about losing weight. I'm weighing more now than I did when I was pregnant. My son just turned two on Friday (June 6), and he's all over the place. So, I need to be able to keep up with him. Thanks so much for the inspiration I've found on your blog, Sharon!
June 11, 2014 02:27 PM EST
jmarie35 said:
Thanks for sharing your story and life Sharon. My husband & I have on Atkins since April 28, I have only managed to lose about 8 pounds but he has lost 21!! I don't know what else I need to do, I am 35 year old mom of a 2 year old with no medication. here is a typical day of what I eat: Brkfast: Scrambled Eggs w/cheese & tomatoes mixed in or casserole with Eggs, peppers, sausage,cheese. I also include 2 sausage links morning snack: half a cucumber and a green pepper, a couple pieces of cheese Lunch - usually a piece of chicken or fish with a salad - no croutons and maybe 2 tbls of Ranch dressng, one day a week I have tuna with 1 tbls of mayo with peppers and celery mixed in. Atkins bar for dessert Dinner- some kind of meat - pork chop, chicken, tilapia or a hamburger with green beans or broccoli and a salad and another atkins bar for dessert I drink plenty of water and a diet pop about every other day or so. Why am i not losing? Would appriciate any advice or tips :)
June 12, 2014 11:19 AM EST
Volleyvixen said:
Its wonderful to see a celebrity who actually adopted this lc lifestyle. I am having a few slip ups here and there but overall, it has not been too difficult to keep with it. Some of the best advice given to me by a person who has LC'd for years said to "trick your brain" into believing you are getting those things you love. for example: if you want bread...just make something lc that looks and mimics the taste of real bread. Although we know this is difficult to do! it does work!!! I have been busy cooking and baking more than I have in my entire life! Thankfully there are Atkins bars and snacks to help curb the sweet tooth....glad to see u continue to be a huge part of the Atkins lifestyle Sharon.
June 16, 2014 02:27 PM EST
ccpamy said:
Sharon, That is great encouragement. I am just back to Atkins after many years of trying methods that do not suit me. And yes; your commercials for Atkins Products were part of what helped me decide to come back. This time I am learning to just speak for myself when I am out...I used to think it was "too much trouble" to ask for special consideration when I was out. Today I was out running errands and got too hungry. I really wanted a quarter pounder deluxe at mcd's . I ordered it with no Bread and extra lettuce and it was awesome! Thanks for your posts that add to my motivation. Regards Amy
June 20, 2014 06:13 PM EST
Big Sister said:
Eating out isn't a problem for me. I live in the mountains, and work in the mountains. My fancy dinning is a Atkins dinner...lol. The closest city is 40 minutes away. I have been doing okay on the diet. I could being doing better, no doubt about it. Too much cheese and eating too late. Working on that. I am hosting a Hot Rods and Classic car show on the 4th of July for our community. Trying to manage my time a little better so I am not eating so late. Keeps me busy! I might be a little jealous of some of you. lol. Good luck to all of you on your journey, and thanks for sharing.
June 20, 2014 08:14 PM EST
mhb7870@hotmail.com said:
All of you are so inspiring! Thank you! I just began today. I cooked a wonderful roast and have sliced and put into containers and placed in freezer so I can have beef when i crave it. I bought broccoli and although it is on the higher end of veggies, it is a favorite of mine. I do have a question. I am wondering what portion of protein is allowed. Is it 3oz or 4oz? I just want to make sure I do this right. I am going to start a new job in 21 days and I want to have this down pat before I begin the job. I am running 1/2 mile and walking 2 mi. each day, followed by 25 push ups and 25 situps, and arm exercises. I have a goal to lose 5 pounds by July 4th, but more important to me is to quit drinking diet sodas. I drink 6 12 oz diet sodas a day and I need to quit!!!! HELP!!!! I bought green tea and I am staring at the bags right now, but not exctied enough to drink it. Please, if you are out there, how do I quit, I am not going to buy any more of them and have only 1 left now. I love coffee and drink it straight black (yum!) So, please help with the protein and give me all the bad news about drinking diet soda...I really need it! Thank you so much!!!. Oh I am 56 yrs old and am a full time student in college with a 4.00GPA and I have a lot of spunk, but right now I am 50 pounds over weight, which really ruins the image I want to have. I want to surprise my daughter in September (another goal). thanks so much! Mary Helen
June 25, 2014 11:28 PM EST
sillykitty2 said:
At the ripe old age of 75, I cannot run or walk for very long, I ride my stationary bike and try to swim as much as possible, I have been on this for one week and have not lost any weight. any ideas? anyone?
June 30, 2014 02:24 PM EST