<May 2014>
18192021222324

Live your life! Have a burger!
Hello! How are you? What’s been going on? I had a fabulous time in New York last week with The Talk, but it’s good to be back home.

I cannot wait to celebrate Memorial Day this weekend! I’ve been going non-stop, so it will be so good to relax with friends and family. It’s been a while since we’ve had a proper break! Is anyone else looking forward to the holiday? What have you got planned?

I’m not totally sure what I’ll be doing. I usually have such a tight schedule, so I’m looking forward to having a day without one! Freedom! I’ll probably stop by a few of my girlfriends’ cookouts, but I love that I can live in the moment and not have my holiday controlled by food.

There’s loads of things I can eat anywhere I go with Atkins, so I don’t have to worry about special preparations. Can you imagine? Showing up places with a blender? Or a stopwatch to make sure you've got the right amount of time in between meals? No wonder those diets don’t work out! Live your life! Have a burger! I’ll take one with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and bacon! How about you? What will you be having?

And what will you be wearing? They say Memorial Day to Labor Day is the time to wear white, and now that I don’t have to hide my body in dark clothing, I’ll be wearing lots of it!

All My Love and Support,

Published Friday, May 23, 2014 11:40 AM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Carb Balance/Carb Intolerance, Weight Loss, Cravings / Problem foods
Comments
Let's hear it! What's been going on?
May 23, 2014 12:05 PM EST
tracygern said:
Rain or Shine, it will be BBQ and all Atkins friendly food - when you host you get to control the menu :-) And honestly, with all the foods, dips and desserts I can make, no one will even notice that sugar and carbs are missing. Enjoy your holiday where ever you celebrate it!
May 23, 2014 12:07 PM EST
7Angels said:
I am new to the Atkins program as I been here only since May 1st. I be making burgers and hot dogs. Going to seach what else I can make to go with that. In my family I am the only one doing the Atkins program. So I will have to seach some low carb recipes I guess. The kids wants fries and fruit salad and hubby wants garlic and oil pasta which isn't Atkins friendly. Enjoy your Holiday with your family. I will do the same.Sandy
May 23, 2014 12:22 PM EST
Tracy, what a fabulous doggie! Thank you darling. I hope you have the most wonderful Memorial Day, you sound like a wonderful host!
May 23, 2014 12:27 PM EST
Sandy, I love your photo, what a fabulous pose! There are loads of recipes and ideas on here, people are just brilliant. Do you do the cooking in your house?
May 23, 2014 12:30 PM EST
Moonlightbeam said:
You were in NY-Hey that is my neck of the woods!!! This weekend looks like it will be raining a bit in NY., But I plan on having a tasty burger. Lots of seasoning, some cheese, and without the bun of course! If it does brighten up, I am hoping to check out the local fair. They are supposed to have a nice firework display, which I have always found to be exciting. Hope everyone as a great weekend, and stays on track!
May 23, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Moonlightbeam, the fair sounds fun! And don't forget, all that walking around counts as exercise!
May 23, 2014 12:44 PM EST
stamper66559 said:
I fell off the wagon after the winter holidays and the death of my mother and uncle, but even though I have tried numerous times this winter, I think I am in the right mindset now. Hot dogs and hamburgers are on our weekend menu, but also some grilled chicken and veggies and flavorful dips. Of course, the summertime deviled eggs will also be made. We will throw in some other traditional items, but there will be plenty of low carb, so I am not too concerned. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Sharon PS. Sharon, I watch 'The Talk" every day and I love that show. You were also an inspiration for me last year when I lost 43 lbs. You look fabulous!!!!!!
May 23, 2014 05:34 PM EST
JayhawkinMexico said:
Hi Sharon! I'm glad you're getting a chance to relax! I don't know how you keep up the pace, but I imagine since you've lost weight, you have a lot more energy to do all the things you do in your life. I know I have a lot more energy now. We've gotten away from celebrating American holidays since we moved to Mexico nearly 11 years ago. Mexico has more than enough holidays to satisfy anyone's desire for a party. I think there's a fiesta every day somewhere in Mexico. We will probably have hamburgers on Monday as they are one of our regular meals. My recipe is like meatloaf, but I use crushed pork rinds instead of bread crumbs and add some hot sauce to give them a Mexican flair. Of course, we leave off the bun, but we find we don't miss the bread at all. We always have avocado and usually have some raw vegetables. Sometimes, I saute onions, tomato and mushrooms in butter and serve those over the hamburger patty. Take care and have a nice holiday! Cindi
May 23, 2014 08:40 PM EST
meme me said:
Spinach dip is a great appetizer for us on Atkins. Serve with celery to dip while the others use crackers! When I eat a burger I use the bun just as you would use the skin of a banana. I hold it with the bun and peel it back and toss it as I eat the meat, lettuce etc...Works great and I am just as full as if I had eaten a bun except I will be loosing more weight eating this way...yea.
May 25, 2014 10:34 AM EST
cherylann429926 said:
Hello Sharon, I am new at this i just joined today. I have 50 pounds to loose. I am waiting for my Atkins kit to get here i can't wait. I really hope this works i need a lot of support though and i hope i can get it. Thanks for listening.
May 25, 2014 04:37 PM EST
ldylisa said:
Hi Sharon! Well I am Brand Brand New to Atkins, thank you for sharing your stories it makes it more real. I know you are super busy and I imagine in my head that you have someone taking care of everything for you.. Meal planning, times to eat, trainer etc. (maybe I am wrong but that is what I think hahaha) I Turn 42 on Wed. I am a bit more than 100 lbs over weight and I never eat for hunger, it is always habit or taste. So I have a lot of retraining to do. I have a 2hr commute to and from work. Fast food is my downfall and skipping meals. Any Hints? Memorial day is going to be a day at the fair and shopping for my 1st week on Atkins. I am looking forward to seeing results. Any hints for the 1st few days? Hope your holiday is peace filled and relaxing.. Best Regards, Lisa!
May 25, 2014 05:59 PM EST
lvnvrgnia said:
Hi Sharon, I am new to Atkins. I just got my welcome kit in the mail and have been reading everything and looking through the recipes. I am the only person in my house so cooking for one person just seems like a waste so I have purchased some of the frozen meals and bars and bought more veggies. I have 30 - 35 pounds to lose and have tried so many diets so I am hoping this will work for me. Today was Day 1 and it seemed to go fine - I didn't find myself hungry all day although I did feel as if I just wanted something else and not because I was hungry, just wanted it. Hope your weekend is going smooth. Dianna
May 25, 2014 10:12 PM EST
k9gold87 said:
Hi Sharon, Happy Memorial Day. Going to just enjoy a day with husband and dogs and relax. I want to say thanks. You are the reason I gave Atkins a look. And after looking and reading I decided to change the way we eat. I want to lose 37 pounds. I started 5/3/14 and have lost 8 pounds. Not as fast as a lot of people but good enough. At least it's headed in the right direction and I feel good. Since I'm 60 I was encouraged by the fact that you were able to lose weight. I must say I've never ate this much food! But have found following Atkins easy. Thanks Sharon, you were just the push I needed.
May 26, 2014 12:56 AM EST
Rdale500 said:
Hi Sharon, I am not new to Atkins, but I was a back slider. I'm back on the wagon and feeling better. I have type II diabetes and low carb is the best way to control blood sugar. The first time I was on Atkins I went from a size 22 to a 14. Then sometime the stresses of life get to you and , well you know what happens. But I'm back, and working hard and now a size 14 again, with the goal of a size 10 before the Christmas Holidays. I am a slow loser but that has it's advantages as I'm a slow gainer too. My husband told his doctor that I was doing Adkins and he said it wasn't healthy. That's when he told his doctor that since I had been on Atkins, my cholesterol and sugar had both gone down and my last lab levels were perfect. Yes, I do take medication, but my goal is to take less. Diabetes can't be cured, but it can be controlled. If controlled, one can lead a very long and healthy life. You are an inspiration to me and my weight loss goal. Peace and Be Happy. PS My new favorite is the Crustless Chicken Pot Pie...yum.
May 27, 2014 06:35 PM EST
fieryangel said:
I had a brat with a bit of mustard, a few pieces of fresh cantaloupe and honeydew melon. Went to a BBQ for that for lunch and then since it was also my wedding anniversary my husband took me to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and I had a top sirloin with sauteed mushrooms, a house salad minus the croutons and broccoli in lemon butter. It was delicious and special. Best of all it was good food that was good for me. We had a small amount of fresh strawberries with freshly whipped cream sweetened with splenda for dessert when we got home. Love your blog Sharon! Seeing that you did Atkins successfully was what inspired me and my husband to go on it and we are both doing great!
May 29, 2014 06:32 PM EST
hueysgirl said:
Thank you for all the inspiration, sharon. I was on atkins about 10 years ago and lost 25 pounds - have gained it all back and want to lose more. I know I can do this just need the support of everyone around. I now have a grandson that is 6 months old and I want to be able play and keep up with him. I have a minimum of 50 pounds to lose. I just need to get away from my sugar cravings and eat healthy. Day #2 is going very well. - Sandy
May 30, 2014 01:37 PM EST
sweetjhara75 said:
Been off the wagon for 8 months dealing with a miscarriage first and then a two year old foster child. Back now! hubby will be making his famous "Cuban" burgers on the grill. Mine will be made with flax bread. Im thinking of making jicama slaw. Nothing new to wear here. Been back on track for a week, lost 5 lbs of my gained weight.
May 30, 2014 03:39 PM EST
faithy123 said:
Hello Sharon, I am new at this i just joined today. I have 50 pounds to loose. Iwell i had a burger no bun and some mellon also had did with celery and green peppers so far i lost 3 bls and it only been a few days ayyya Day #4is going very well. need all the support i can get thanks Sandy
June 01, 2014 02:44 PM EST
mvstafford said:
I am about to start on the Atkins Diet. I am nervous, hopeful, and a bit skeptical, too! I find it so hard to believe this diet will work. I heard all the science. It does make sense (I suppose that's why I'm trying it!). But I seldom do good on diets and after a couple of few days I start wanting to revert. I have not heard anything on calories or portion control. I feel like the meats, cheese, eggs, and a bit of veggies will be an easy diet for me to follow. I ordered my Atkins starter kit. Wish me luck, Sharon. By the way, I love you and your husband. And I think you're looking fabulous these days. I will be peeking in and reading your entries, as well as posting my results, which will hopefully be a booming success!! :) You are such an inspiration to me. To think you and your busy schedule can do this, makes me hopeful that me, who doesn't have a busy schedule (haha), can do this.
June 01, 2014 11:00 PM EST
Thak1000 said:
I am new to this program, but years ago I knew this lady that lost over 200 pounds. I never thought I would say this I have to loose weight for I want to, but for health reasons. I am new, and I am excited to start what are some tips you can give me anyone that helped you??? I will take them...I am wanting to make a complete makeover so nobody knows me as I loose the weight....Bread has been my down fall, so I know it is Good Bye Bread time, that is okay I am ready for this and I think that is what it takes to be successful,is wanting too. Glad this is here. It helps don't you agree? Thanks lets talk again soon. maybe you can tell me what the best frozen foods are that YOU like? or what is your own fav. receipe> Sincere, T
July 09, 2014 01:48 PM EST
Thak1000 said:
I am getting my kitchen and pantry ready tomorrow any advice out there?
July 09, 2014 01:50 PM EST
kikirowdy2014 said:
Hello have know about the Atkins way of eating for many years. It always works for me. I am beginning the program today have 23 lbs to lose and have decided to start with the Phase II program. I will keep you posted on my progess. I would love to eat the frozen meals however they are very high in sodium and I have to watch that :( oh well. Look forward to hearing from others!
August 21, 2014 12:45 PM EST