<March 2014>
16171819202122

Why Ozzy and I are ditching the take-out
Hello! How are you? What’s been going on? Did you do anything special for St. Patrick’s Day? I had loads of fun celebrating with my girls at The Talk!

I’ve been lucky enough to have my Ozzy home with me this month. He’ll be going back on tour at the very end of the month, but until then I’m loving quiet nights at home, watching TV in bed together. The Atkins frozen meals are fabulous for this. I applaud all of you who cook for your families 7 nights a week. You really have to give yourselves credit, I couldn’t handle it! When Ozzy and I are tired and snuggled up, the last thing I want to do is mess with a big meal.

We used to do a lot of take out, but now we pop one of the frozen meals in the microwave – the Swedish meatballs, the meatloaf, the NEW orange chicken – they’re all fabulous! No worries about what to order or how many calories I’m eating, it’s all taken care of with the frozen meals.

I’ve also been on a big lemon zest kick! I put it in everything! It adds so much flavor without calories or carbs! I toss it in my salads, pound it into chicken breasts, and even mix it in with green onions in my tuna salad. Do you have any go-to ingredients like this? No holding back! I want to hear them!

It’s so good to find new foods to work into your meals for a season or two. I’ve been obsessed with chicken broth all winter, now on to lemon zest for spring!

I hope you are all doing fabulous. Tell me everything!

All my love and support,

Published Friday, March 21, 2014 02:30 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Induction, Weight Loss, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
Deborahg38 said:
I think it's wonderful that you and your hubby are relishing your time together. You two have been together for a long, long time, and its comforting to see people stick together now matter what, or where life takes you. Seem like life can be short and we need to appreciate these times we get to have with loved ones. I'm recently married, was married for 20 years and I have come to love the little things that was taken for granted in my previous marriage. I love the low carb, high fat lifestyle. I have metabolic resistance so I had to add intermittent fasting to help me move the weight. Its not the norm with Atkins, but Atkins opened the door for me to to lose weight. I have not seen Atkins in my area in my local freezer, I live in Indiana. I would like to try a frozen dinner. Since I fast, I only have to cook every other day, but it would be nice to pop in a meal in the microwave every now and then. I do like cooking. I've been successful at modifying meals to be low carb. I often enjoy your post, but this is my first time replying. He doesn't know me, but tell your hubby Deborah from Indiana say's HI! LOL. Take care Sharon, you're the best. Deborah
March 21, 2014 02:55 PM EST
Blberge1965 said:
My local Meijers did not have much of a variety. It would be nice if the frozen meals could be shipped to us. I know it is possible. My late husband and I used to order our steaks a Filetmigon and it would show up packed in dry ice I do like the scrambled farmers omlet basically
March 21, 2014 03:13 PM EST
Blberge1965 said:
Sharon I wanted to let you know I loved watching your children on DWTS they both did a fabulous job.
March 21, 2014 03:16 PM EST
Deborah - hello darling! Thank you for replying, I love hearing from people! Otherwise I'm just talking to myself like a mad woman! You are very well spoken my dear, and you are spot on with your comments about marriage and cherishing the little moments. Sometimes you have to stop and just love each other! What kind of fasting do you do? I can't imagine!
March 21, 2014 03:18 PM EST
Jeddogirl1 said:
LOL I don't like to cook so the Atkin's frozen meals are awesome!
March 21, 2014 03:19 PM EST
Blberge - That's a fabulous idea! I'm going to pass that on to Atkins, I wonder why they don't offer a mail service? And I've heard from a lot of people who don't get all the meals in their stores, how frustrating! How long have you been doing Atkins my dear? And thank you for the compliment, I'm very proud of my Jacky and my Kelly!
March 21, 2014 03:30 PM EST
Deborahg38 said:
LOL, Sharon thank you for your kind comments. I fast every other day. Lost almost 13 lbs fasting alone. Lost 11 with Atkins alone. My feast days are Atkins induction. A true fast is straight water. I"m not that brave. My fasts are all liquid, I do water, diet pop (i know that's not the best) coffee w/ heavy whip cream (limit to 3) and sugar free jello, and sugar free popsicles (limit 3 total). YES, its hard to fast. But with nothing else to turn to for weight loss (I stayed on Atkins and was only able to maintain weight for 3 months, not lose) until I found intermittent fasting. So now I married the two- fasting w/ Atkins. For me its been the recipe for weight loss. Too I've been able to help a few who were in a plateau, they used the fast and broke through. I sometimes feel like the ugly duckling on the Atkins site because my approach in not the norm, and some people are not open to change. Having said that, I have a met a small group who are so kind to me, and supportive! Have a great day Sharon, and thank you again for your kind reply! Deborah
March 21, 2014 03:43 PM EST
Jeddogirl - I'm with you!!
March 21, 2014 03:44 PM EST
Deborah - First of all, ugly duckling? One look at your picture and it's clear that term does not apply! I do know what you mean though about feeling ostracized for going against the norm, I've dealt with that myself in other aspects of life. I never want you to feel that way here - you are always welcome and accepted. I personally could not handle fasting, If I try to deprive myself of something, I get resentful and go on a binge. How much weight do you want to lose? I can't image you've got that much more to go?
March 21, 2014 03:52 PM EST
Deborahg38 said:
LOL, you keep making me laugh. You are generous with the compliments! And thank you, there are some that have embraced me and it makes the journey so much more tolerable. I have NINETY SIX lbs to lose.. booo hooo. I take medication for bi-polar which really help me get a nice jump on being a chubby lady..LOL. My husband LOVES my curves, and he often grabs a handful and mournfully says 'good-bye'..lol. He makes me feel good about myself. But I've got to get back to being me, and feeling good about my body! You've made my day with your kind words. Have a fabulous day! Best wishes to you, Deborah
March 21, 2014 04:49 PM EST
doordie said:
What can I say, Sharon you have been a wonderful roll model. I love your ideas and your blogs. My hubby is naturally thin. He eats very slow and I think that has a lot to do with it. Cooking isn't my favorites either, but it isn't very cost effective for us to go out a lot, plus I eat a lot more when we go out. For St Patricks day we did go out for corned beef and cabbage, now that is a great Atkins approved meal if you leave out the potatoes.
March 21, 2014 04:58 PM EST
Sharon KF said:
Hello Sharon......Oh goodness, I cannot believe I am about to do this, as I just (re)started the Atkins program, I am on the Day 13 today, and decided to be a "groupie".......Your blog just seems like the place to be addicted to, so please let me squeeze in here somewhere. LOL Just discovered "The Talk", and now this wonderful opportunity. Life is Good! Thank you for all you are doing for everyone. Ya got yourself one more follower! Wish me luck...... .........With sincere admiration, 'Another Sharon"
March 23, 2014 11:57 AM EST
Angelnrs said:
I use the frozen meals myself. I just restarted the program too. I do a lot of traveling for work, basically I'm in a hotel every other week. I stop at the grocery from airport to hotel and pick up a couple meals. So convenient to put in microwave and eat in instead of going out every night and trying to figure out how to resist the offerings and stay low carb. The bars fit in my suit case easy so I always have those with me. Now to just stay on track this time! I know that making it part of your life style instead of "a diet" is the answer :-) it's just getting to that point that is the stickler for me. Thanks for the open sharing, it is inspiring.
March 24, 2014 07:41 AM EST
sophiemurray7 said:
It was my birthday on Saturday, its be the only one I remember where ive been healthy. I felt so good going out, loved it, even got a few people to go on to atkins instead of the horrid juice diets. Hope you and Ozzy are well xx
March 24, 2014 05:33 PM EST
sophiemurray7 said:
March 24, 2014 05:33 PM EST
punkprincessangel101 said:
I just started Akins and I thought it would be hard but its not I have cooked a few meals but the bars and frozen meals help sooooo much. specially since I cant cook 3 times a day when im at work. I love the eggs and steak breakfast meal. so yummy :)
March 24, 2014 07:22 PM EST
Millerfarm said:
Atkins is a very easy way of eating. In fact told husband basket of Atkins for Easter. The m&m's are a wonderful surprise. Eat them slowly they fill you up. I also got a digital scale and digital measuring tape so I'm prepared! Weather is changing fresh air and walk is good. I am now a non smoker so Atkins is my helper. Thank you Atkins!
March 25, 2014 04:45 PM EST
Dannawally said:
Hey, DO, I just wandered in here following pictures of Atkins friendly food. I'm on phase 1 and am experiencing that "sense of empowerment" that is discussed in the book. Just curious....what service is Ozzie in? Being from LA, it could be anything. I was in the Marines in San Diego and Camp Pendleton (years ago), so I know most services are represented around there.
March 29, 2014 01:24 AM EST
Dannawally said:
DO!?? I meant SO! tricky keyboard this morning ;-)
March 29, 2014 01:26 AM EST
LKnight69 said:
Hello, My name is Lori and I have been doing the Atkins for about a month. I was doing fantastic and seeing amazing results when all of a sudden I gave into temptation and blew it for two days! Ugh...now I feel horrible and plan to start over again but has anyone else had this happen? I am disappointed in myself because I had been doing so well :( Two days is not long but I had also gave in a couple of other times the week prior...Anyone else just have a weak moment that lasted about a week lol
March 30, 2014 08:54 PM EST
Sharon KF said:
Lori, I have done the EXACT same thing. Stayed true until day 19, which carried into day 20. Today is #21 and starting again with determination. Are you on a 'group' discussion, so that we can yak. Doubt we are suppose to here on Sharons' blog. We can do it!
March 31, 2014 09:16 AM EST
Sharon KF said:
Sharon, How often do you 'blog'?
March 31, 2014 10:27 AM EST
betty1997 said:
So funny -- chicken broth is MY go-to thing! I also love chili/curry spices -- cumin, coriander, turmeric.
April 01, 2014 11:05 AM EST
scubagurl said:
I just wanted to say that you look beautiful and I can't wait to get started and get the last of this weight off. Best to you! ♥
April 05, 2014 09:54 PM EST
debbielove88 said:
Just got back on Atkins and was so excited to see that you blog on here! How encouraging! THank you Sharon!!!
April 08, 2014 08:59 AM EST
sandycruizer said:
One of my favorite things, Miss Sharon, is rice vinegar. I use the one with no carbs. It's in the Asian section of my grocery store. Hope you like it!
April 10, 2014 10:36 AM EST
mblundell919 said:
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy life to drop a line. I always feel guilty when I want to eat a frozen meal. My family eats what I cook. When I cook healthy, they all bitch. So I cook what they like, and of course I eat it. Yes, that's a cop out, but honest. Maybe if I start eating low carb frozen dinners and make them cook their own supper, it would be a win win for me...
April 11, 2014 02:27 PM EST
melindaciriegio said:
So I went to the doctor and guess what she told me..............high sugar, heavy on the scale. So I'm turning to Atkins. I have done this before and had success but for one reason or another I would stop. Now, since diabetes is staring me in the face, I guess I better get myself together. Here we go!
April 15, 2014 02:11 PM EST
Bj Huffman said:
I did Atkins years ago and did very well on it, I am at home all most all the time, I care for my elderly mom who lives with us ( my husband, daughter and I) and suffers with Alzheimer, I love to cook and came across an old Atkins cook book, many of the recipes call for Quick Quisine products which were made by Atkins several years ago, I'd love to cook some of these meals for my family but do not know where I can purchase the Quick Quisine products, baking mixes, pastas, bread. Does anyone have any idea where I can get them, or even what ingredients are in them so I can make my own?
April 15, 2014 03:51 PM EST
gearo said:
BJ Huffman, I think the Quick Quisine products have been discontinued, if you try netrition.com you can get lots of low carb products that you could use as replacements.
April 17, 2014 02:59 PM EST
Bj Huffman said:
Thank you for the response, I will try it, I was hoping to find out at least what was in the quick quisine baking mix.
April 17, 2014 09:08 PM EST
martinab said:
lets not forget that she also had gastric bypass...years ago....so weight loss after GP is a lot harder ...good job Sharon....thank you for the motivation as i am also a GP patient
April 18, 2014 02:15 PM EST