<September 2013>
15161718192021

MY LIFESTYLE / EXERCISE TIPS
  1. GO FOR A WALK! I like walking because it’s not intimidating and it’s easy to see your progress. It’s also a fabulous opportunity to bond with your spouse or catch up with your friends. Give it a go! Start with 5 minutes a day and you’ll be surprised how quickly you progress.
  2. COOL DOWN IN THE POOL! I enjoyed playing in the pool this year with my grandbaby Pearl. If you have little ones, what a magnificent way to bond with them…you won’t even realize you’re exercising.
  3. LIFT WEIGHTS. The one takes a little time to work up to, but I love it. It feels great!
  4. ENJOY YOURSELF! Seriously. On Atkins you should never feel hungry or deprived, this isn’t something you need to force yourself through. It’s a different lifestyle, one you should enjoy. And as you start experiencing the benefits, the weight loss, the extra energy, put them to good use enjoying your time with friends and family.
  5. DON’T LOSE YOUR HEAD! There are so many treats I find difficult to resist, but I have to remember that just one bite leads to just one more, and then I have to go through the whole detox process of weaning myself off sugar again. Remember your motivation and stick with it.
Published Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:26 AM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Induction, Weight Loss, Exercise, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
dvuoso1@cox.net said:
I'm up to 30 minutes a day and love my walking. Drinking enough water is a challenge. It's hot here and I'm sweating nonstop. Can't get enough water! It's also a challenge to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. I eat less at meals now and only a few bites for snack just so I can get them in. This program works! My blood tests came in fantastic. I lose weight slowing but moved from the 220.s to 210"s. Have a great day. Diane
September 10, 2013 01:22 PM EST
JayhawkinMexico said:
Hi Sharon, Great tips! Thanks for sharing! My husband and I are doing 90-100 minutes of walking most mornings and have started walking another hour in the evening about 3 days a week. We also do some exercises at home....leg lifts, crunches, wall push-ups as well as some exercises with resistance bands. We feel so much better than when we started Atkins 11 months ago! Take care! Cindi
September 10, 2013 06:30 PM EST
Renee3940 said:
September 12, 2013 12:26 AM EST
Celestialflower said:
I enjoy using my work out DVD's and my Total Gym. I want a body like Christy Brinkley! lol . If I'm at work and it's ok outside, I'll walk 30 mins or 40 mins. I seem to have better results with the cardio DVD's though.
September 13, 2013 10:23 AM EST
marypramps said:
Saw you on The Talk today. Did my eyes deceive me? Eating chocolate bread pudding?!
October 01, 2013 05:45 PM EST
dlherendeen@hotmail.com said:
Thank you so much Sharon for doing this blog. I admire and respect you so much and congrats on your Akins success!
October 21, 2013 12:30 PM EST
jolenebell said:
What you say is SO TRUE in regards to sweets! I have such a bugger of a time with chocolate, especially now that it's Halloween season. It is also so true, however, that WE are in control of what we eat and I feel so much more in control now!
October 21, 2013 04:06 PM EST
pamaved said:
Is exercise ok in Induction?
October 27, 2013 07:33 PM EST
Kretch said:
My family went to Arrowhead this Thanksgiving, inluding the grandkids, and my sister who was visting from Florida. Had a lot of eating out days. My husband and I ate moderatly at Thanksgiving, did not deprive ourselves of the pumpkin pie or sweet potatoes. Got right back to our low carbs the next day came home at the end of the weeks stay and both had lost weight, me two lbs and he 4. What a great life change we are making! This is too easy, and I love that I am never hungry or craving sweets. I do use the Atkins peanut and plain candies as a treat, but have absolutely zero cravings for sweets, huge success for me! .
December 13, 2013 03:20 PM EST
loisvignali said:
I am on day 4 with a buddy across town. We talk daily and are both achieving great results! The only problem I am having is that I LOVE fruits, My typical day I consume between 4 to 8 servings a day. So this is the biggest hurdle for me, well.... besides the chocolate, sweet breads and snacks! I am a sweets & chocaholic and fell off the wagon. Time to reel it in. Started Adkins on the 29th of Dec. I have lost a few pounds thus far. Happy happy happy
January 01, 2014 12:19 PM EST
adegiusti1 said:
Ok Sharon I am also a weight loss surgery patient. Four years out and have just now gained 20 pounds over the last 10 months when I changed jobs where all I did was sit at a desk. I so hope this works because I feel like a total failure. Any tips from anyone is greatly appreciated
January 05, 2014 02:32 PM EST