<September 2013>
15161718192021

MY EATING TIPS
  1. START AT YOUR VERY NEXT MEAL. Stop putting it off. Stop punishing yourself with negative thoughts. Make the decision to change and DO IT. You’ve got to just jump right in- both feet in the pool! And don’t you dare wait until Monday! By Monday, you might have already have lost weight.
  2. CLEAR OUT THE JUNK! If there’s junk food in the house, it’s got to go! Out of sight, out of mind.
  3. STOCK UP ON HEALTHY SNACKS YOU LIKE. I keep two-bite rosemary chicken roll-ups, fresh cut vegetables (with Atkins bleu cheese dressing), and whipped cream cheese wrapped in arugula and green onion in the fridge at home and at work.
  4. GET CREATIVE WITH YOUR BEVERAGES. I swear by sparkling water with lime and fresh mint. It’s my favorite! Recently, I’ve also gotten into iced green tea, which is a fabulous pick-me-up and is loaded with antioxidants.
  5. KEEP CHANGING UP YOUR MENU! There are so many different recipes to choose from, there is just no excuse to get bored on Atkins. Make a point to explore new recipes each season.
Published Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:23 AM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Induction, Carb Balance/Carb Intolerance, Cravings / Problem foods, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
nanagrams said:
I change my meals as much as possible. I also keep frozen Atkins dinners in my freezer in case I don't feel like cooking. I am thrilled with my new body. I recently has my rt. hip replaced and have lost 18# since the surgery.
I am doing so much better now.
September 13, 2013 07:10 PM EST
ladynasdaq said:
Sharon, you are an inspiration!
I just learned I am Diabetic and being a RN it was upsetting and a shock. I know that you have done so well with Atkins that I had to try this out. I am on Day 2 of Induction and have quite a bit to lose but I can see just overnight that body likes this Program. Overnight my blood sugar was slightly lower and I lost 4.5 lbs down which I know will fluctuate.
I work in the ICU so believe me I have the motivation to stick to this and then some lol!
I hope to report some good losses ahead and make this my lifestyle!
The foods we can eat are foods I really enjoy anyway and I'd rather eat protein than a dinner roll so there you go, one compliant Low Carber!
September 20, 2013 03:36 PM EST
megfai said:
Hello I am so new to this I have tryed doing the diet thing myself and it does not seem to work so I thought to do this now I had a question the atkins food they sell in the store can you just eat that or should you add otherthings to the diet, I am trying to lose the weight fast bur keep it off if any one can answer that for me I would really be thank full.
October 07, 2013 04:33 PM EST
TOSOF said:
Hi megfai....I can say that I utilize the Atkins frozen meals every now and then when I don't feel like cooking, or for a quick lunch at work when theres nothing else. However I would not use them solely as my only source of food. Theres so many great things u can eat on Atkins! So many varieties of meats and veggies, why limit urself to those? I suggest implementing them here and there, but also sticking to food u prepare urself. Salads full of fresh veggies, frozen veggies, meats, cheeses....and theres tons of recipes on this site that are so delicious. Atkins kinda forces u to get creative with ur meals, just keep track of ur net carbs and u'll be fine. And remember it may come off quickly in the induction phase, which is mostly water, but a gradual loss is best as u learn to properly eat to fuel ur body. Atkins has helped me learn how food go together, good carbs and bad carbs, fiber, etc. It should be a lifestyle change....not just a quick fix. Best of luck to u hun ;)
October 08, 2013 12:56 PM EST
pvnovak said:
Hello, I'm new to counting carbs and I want to stay on this count carbs as I have over 50 lbs to loose but I cannt get rid of JUNK FOOD because husband enjoys the junk food and when it around I to want to eat and he every offers it to me and I have to say NO a lot of times too. Now tell me do all you carb counters eat eggs every morning as I like eggs sure but NOT EVERY MORNING and can/t eat cereal or toast and so what else is there to eat. I also have asked my Doctor about this Akins diet and she said that it is alright and no complains because of all the vegetables you eat as I had asked her about eggs fried in butter and what it does to the Cholesterol as I have high Cholesterol and High Blood Pressure to but no diabestes (Thank God) and the Doctor said that it don't do nothing as of all the vegetables and protein yuu and so to her it is good and she told me if I count my carbs and WALK twice that I will loose weight and so what I have to do and want to do only wish I had some to walk with as we are from Chicago Area and live now in Columbia Missouri because of TAXES being high and housing is high too and my sister up North and so I tried to find someone to walk wuth to no avail. Well there you have it. Anybody willing to answer me and help me I will be very thankful. Pat Novak
October 08, 2013 03:38 PM EST
pvnovak said:
October 08, 2013 03:38 PM EST
judie123! said:
Help!! I've been on Phase 1 for three weeks now and have only lost 2lbs2ozs. Granted my starting weight was 130lbs, but I'm short and small boned, so 130 is uncomfortable for me -- especially when it's pretty much all in my abdomen. I'm exercising daily and eating exactly what I should be, but I cannot believe how slow my progress is. The lowest I've been since starting this was 126.5. I've been in the 127's for the three weeks now. My goal weight is 115lbs. My BMI is normal, but I want to lose 15 pounds. Anything else I should try? I'm drinking lots of water, too, by the way. Thanks so much. Judie.
October 10, 2013 04:34 PM EST
amw1955 said:
judie123 it is probably because you only have a small amount of weight to lose. My first week in induction I lost 9 lbs but I need to lose over 60 lbs.
October 14, 2013 02:02 PM EST
BrendaS1965 said:
Ms.Sharon you are an inspiration to me. I saw you the other day on The Doctors tv show. And decided it is time for me to get healthy. I am 48 and have Type 2 diabetes. I have many health issues, such as Asthma, (makes exercise a little difficult). I was also told I have a degenerative back disorder (very painful). I am (was) an emotional eater. then I became a addict to food. I am 5 foot 2 inches and weigh in at 237.5 pounds. I have no energy and find it hard to stick to diets. But I have decided to get my act together. My motivation is my grandbabies. I want to live to see them grow up. I have been in the induction phase. Started this week on Monday. It is now Friday and my face is looking skinnier. My husband said my double chin is going away. YAY! Thanks for being such an inspiration.

Losing it in Tennessee
~Brenda~
October 25, 2013 09:47 PM EST
bonniedcobb said:
Hello Sharon,
It was so nice to see the changes that Atkins has done for you. This inspires me to try it . I have been trying to lose since 2011 and. I started out at 203 lbs , and I am now at 181 and a stand still. I am 5 foot 7 inches I started Atkins 10/14/2013 and I have lost 3 lbs. I do need help keeping me on track. We put a water system in the house , so now I drink alot more water and I love green tea. My problem is eating the right things at the right time.Love to try different receipes. I hope I can finally get my weight off so I will feel better and have more energy to play with my four grandbabies.I want to feel good about myself again . Now I just feel fat and look fat , not sexy for my husband. Sharon I need your help. I am fourty nine years old with four grandbabies to run after, but I feel tired all the time. I need motivation and your secret on how to get this fat off.
October 27, 2013 08:36 PM EST
emi.d. said:
this is so helpful, I was wondering if I should start now or wait until I have good food in the fridge!
November 08, 2013 11:58 AM EST