<June 2013>
16171819202122

What Are Your Favorite Summer Activities?
Hello! How are you? I hope you are having a fabulous Friday! Now that the weather is a bit warmer, does anyone have plans to get out and get some fresh air this weekend?

I’ve been doing loads of traveling back and forth to the UK for work, but as soon as I get the chance, I can’t wait to take my granddaughter Pearl for a walk in her stroller.  A few weeks ago, one woman said that she wanted to get healthy so she could go bike riding with her grandkids – what a fabulous motivation! Is there anyone else who has goals involving their loved ones? Or anyone who is doing things outdoors with friends or family that they haven’t done in a long time? Speak up!

This is this first time in ages that I’ve found myself looking forward to being outdoors in the summer. When I was carrying around extra weight, I was always wearing black and keeping myself covered up, so I just couldn’t stand to be outside in the heat. Surely I’m not the only one who has felt this way?

Recently I’ve started wearing lighter things like t-shirts, maxi skirts, and Capri pants, which are much more suitable for warm weather. What a difference! I have a lot more options to choose from on a day to day basis, and now that I don’t feel like I’m roasting all the time, I'm able to enjoy summer so much more!

Even at work, I have a lot more freedom when it comes to my wardrobe. The other night I wore a dress with an open back – something I would have never even considered a year ago. I thought certain styles like open-back dresses just weren’t right for my body, but it was the lifestyle I was living and the foods that I was eating that weren’t right for my body.

So, how about you? What summer activities are you enjoying this year? Are you feeling more comfortable in summery clothes?  Have you hit a wall? What’s the latest? Let’s hear it!

All My Love and Support,

PS- If you saw the Atkins gift bag Mario Lopez and I opened a few weeks ago on Extra, you might be able to win one! Check their Facebook page for all the details.

Published Friday, June 21, 2013 03:02 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Weight Loss, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
Well? Go on, let's hear your summer activities - what have you got?
June 21, 2013 03:41 PM EST
okla_ok51 said:
I love to take my 20 month old walking she loves riding in her stroller. We also love gardening.
June 21, 2013 08:04 PM EST
shysraveneyes said:
I love to walk getting outside with my music it motivates me love being outside now :)
June 21, 2013 08:41 PM EST
path75 said:
I love just plain walking. Something about listening to some music and enjoying the sun. It kind of takes away all the stress in your life for that short period of time. Also it doesnt take that much effort, just a good pair of shoes and you. Thanks for the post and you look great by the way. :)
June 22, 2013 09:22 AM EST
JoeSummer said:
Hello Sharon!! This is the first time I've e-met your and I'm happy to say that you are a GREAT inspiration for me. You should feel great wearing an open back dress... you've got it, so show it. :-) As for my Summer, I live in Hawaii and it's always Summer here. Even my name says it all : Summer!! (lol) I went for a wonderful walk last night with my wife in Waikiki Beach. It was wonderful. We have been walking a lot. What I do to avoid becoming board with walking the same path over and over is we drive to a new location on Island and explore. Last week we went to a place we've never been and it was up a mountain. What a view of the Island and what a workout. We were out of breath when we hit the observation point. I'm getting ready for a trip this October to Japan for a few weeks. I don't want to embarrassed my wife or feel "ugly" this time. I went 5 years ago and I was very large. I felt self conscious though I didn't take effort to change. I just ate to hide my shame. This time is different. I am taking action and I appreciate this site for all the friends and inspiration I've received and continue to receive daily. You keep up the great work... it shows, and I'll follow as I can. Let's do this!!! Have a great weekend and all my best to you and your family. Cheers!
June 22, 2013 02:14 PM EST
XLORAH said:
I've just decided to get back into gear and start Atkins again. I know it works, I've done it before but fell off the wagon, or is it fall on. Not sure, but gonna start tomorrow. I'm like you were, wearing dark clothes even in the summer time and who wants to go outside in the stinkin' heat? I did get my exercize bike put on my back porch, so it's a start. Tomorrow morning first thing, it's me and the birds and God hanging out on my porch. I'm so glad that you did Atkins and showed the world it works.
June 24, 2013 11:31 PM EST
Brindlefred said:
Wow! You look great! Getting back on the Atkins wagon again myself. I had my bike tuned up and plan on riding it on the city walking/bike trail nearby. It's mostly flat, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I am also on my way to the gym. I bought a membership in March and have only gone twice. Ridiculous, I know, but I'm going to do my best to stick to a routine. M-W-F weight training and T-Th-S cardio. Sunday will be my day of rest or choice of exercise. An hour a day. That's perfect. I'm just going to do it and stop making excuses! Like you, I want to wear the appropriate clothes for the season.
June 26, 2013 09:53 AM EST
GoddessDaughter72 said:
I just started my Atkins lifestyle last week and I do yoga on a daily basis but I am also looking forward to spending time outdoors at the water park this summer with family. Being that I live in Arizona (and the temps are moving up to 118 this weekend), it's not very easy to get motivated to go outside into the heat. Yuck! Looking forward to moving up to the White Mountains... when that happens I will be outside a lot and walking everyday.
June 27, 2013 10:52 AM EST
irregularwaves said:
Hey Sharon. I didn't really realize, until you posted about it, but I am able to enjoy more outdoor activity now than in the past few years. I still have a long way to reach my goal but last week I was able to volunteer at Cub Scout camp in the afternoons. They had me running the obstacle course in the hot, hot, humid field. I was pretty tired every nite, but I was able to make all 5 days in a row. Plus, I think I lost 3 lbs of water weight just by being out there and sweating. Love the pick of you and Ozzie... love is sooooooo sweet!
June 28, 2013 07:52 AM EST
anemonegirl said:
Sharon! You look drop dead gorgeous in that backless gown! Wow! What an inspiration! Keep it up!
June 29, 2013 02:08 PM EST
Celestialflower said:
You look FANTASTIC Sharon! You are an inspiration! My favorite summer activity is swimming.. since I've put on weight, I'm so embarrassed to be seen.. :( 40 lbs overweight. I want to lose this extra weight so I can feel comfortable in a swim suit again and enjoy my favorite summer activity.. Swimming!
July 01, 2013 10:12 AM EST
lizshaffer51 said:
Sharon, can I say you look absolutely fabulous???? I was pleasantly surprised to find out that you also believe in Atkins. I'm looking forward to reading your blog at this, my second go-round with learning to understand that bad CARBS, are NOT MY FRIEND! It's been hot as BLAZES in Florida (or lately, constantly raining) but I do want to start walking again soon! Best wishes to you and your wonderful family!
July 04, 2013 09:38 PM EST
candyklatt said:
Water aerobics!!!! Best thing that ever happened during the summer. Here in the outback of Oregon it is short lived. Since Jan. my husband and I have been on low carb and have lost 40 pounds each, ok ok 38 and 39. God Bless and keep up the good work.
July 06, 2013 12:58 AM EST
Bellaboo1 said:
Going to the beach and lounging in the pool. I have to admit that since I've started Atkins on February 1st, I haven't exercised too much. Maybe a few walks but people don't understand that having a child and low on funds, kind of hard to hit a gym. But I am happy to report that since I started I have lost a total of 41 lbs and counting. My goal is 70 lbs lost by October 1st. I was so happy this morning when I went to put on a pair of jeans that, the last time I tried them didn't even come close to fitting, fit me perfectly. Only problem is it's summer and I don't want to wear jeans now, so when I reach my goal come October 1st, when it's time to wear the jeans, they will probably be too big for me!!
July 12, 2013 12:47 PM EST
jeysca said:
OMG! Sharon! I just started Atkins today and I had no idea you were on here. Great to see you and you look fabulous! A true motivation for me! I am also hoping not to be wearing black next summer! eeeeek! The heat this year in CA is too much I walk everyday and it's sooooo hot! I can't wait to wear the light colors & shorts again! Maybe even by the end of this summer woohoo! Since our summers usually last til OCTOBER/NOVEMBER now! lol
July 15, 2013 05:24 PM EST
kloving70 said:
This is the first summer in my 43 years of life that I actually felt held back by my weight (Counselor at a 3 day summer camp with Junior Girl Scouts). After hitting my all time high weight, it is no wonder it is impacting my quality of life. Here's to a great "next" summer filled with everything and then some!
July 17, 2013 04:23 PM EST
kimmie98 said:
Hi I just started my journey june 2nd 2013 I was at my heaviest 295 and today july 19 2013 Im at 267.5 I have been working really hard. This is the most supportive bunch of folk I have ever met and very inspirational stories of life on hear I want to get down to 170lb and I will one day at a time and one pound at a time. I want to zip line for my 40th b-day which will be next November!!! hope everyone has a great summer I start school back in aug kudos to all of us trying to get healthy!!!
July 19, 2013 08:45 AM EST
chrisnchrisledoux said:
I just began my journey with Atkins 11 days ago.... i am proud of my discipline so far. I do crave choclate from time to time but we just ensure we only have proper foods in the house. I have even been able to keep my hands away from the new Twinkies.... when i saw how many carbs were in that one little cake, it isnt worth it! I've already lost almost 10 lbs and have about 90 more to go to my goal. You're an inspiration and love seeing that you blog here. Best wishes and safe travels!!
August 08, 2013 09:53 AM EST
Dee Duzer said:
I am trying to lose weight to go to Gettysburg and walk around with my family without slowing them down. I am scared about not sticking to my diet at breakfast and lunch. I plan on taking Atkins dinners with me.
August 14, 2013 12:43 PM EST
linloftin said:
It bugs me that Sharon is a paid spokeswoman for Atkins, when everyone knows she lost her weight because of stomach surgery, not through the hard work, a low-carb diet demands! Dr Atkins would never have allowed this. What hypocrisy!
September 12, 2013 04:54 PM EST