<June 2013>
16171819202122

Look for me on Extra TV tonight!
Hello! How are you? I can’t believe it’s summer already! Any special plans?

I just got finished taping a segment on Extra about looking and feeling your best this summer, and I’ve shared some photos from the shoot if you’d like to have a look.

There is one of me getting my makeup touched-up before the shoot in Extra’s green room, and you can see they have set out some snacks for everyone.  I’m always saying that I love how Atkins fits into my daily life and that it’s livable, and this is a perfect example.  I didn’t have to make a fuss about getting special snacks or show up with a blender to make some wicked concoction, I could just choose something from the food they set out. The chicken skewers and crisp romaine worked perfectly!

When I finally sat down with Mario, I talked about changing my lifestyle and losing weight with Atkins, as well as some of the new goodies they have out there like the frozen meals. We cleared up some old misconceptions some people might have had about Atkins and broke open one of the Starter Packs. I started to explain what was in it, but he went right for the chocolate brownie bar!

There are some great photos of Mario and I digging in to the starter pack, and there is one last photo we took for all of you!

It was a lot of fun, look for the interview tonight on Extra!

All My Love and Support,

Published Tuesday, June 04, 2013 03:25 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Induction, Weight Loss, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
Hello! How is your summer going so far? Off to a good start?
June 04, 2013 04:02 PM EST
berni46356 said:
i just started atkins yesterday.i have over 100 lbs to lose and cant eat a lot of vegetables because of some meds i am on.i hope this works because everything i do i fail at.glad you had good results,hoping i am going to also.
June 04, 2013 04:13 PM EST
berni46356 said:
i also follow you on twitter
June 04, 2013 04:14 PM EST
Hi Berni, thanks for following! Did you get the starter kit? And did you talk this over with your doctor? I want to make sure you're off on the right foot.
June 04, 2013 04:16 PM EST
Any updates for me? Successes / struggles?
June 04, 2013 04:25 PM EST
kachinaedgmon said:
Ah man, Atkins is great! Love the new frozen dinners. They're great in a hurry. I've been doing Atkins for 3.5 yrs now and love it. I USED TO HAVE high blood pressure. No more thanks to Atkins. My new goal is to achieve the looks of an amateur body builder. I've been going to the gym daily and am really getting into weights and using them the right way to develop definition. It's working. I have a way to go to reach my goal look but I'm trying!
June 04, 2013 05:19 PM EST
JayhawkinMexico said:
Hi Sharon, You look great! You are such a wonderful ambassador for the Atkins program! I had to laugh when you said you didn't have to bring a blender along with you to whip up some wicked concoction. So many programs require such specialized foods that are expensive and unpalatable. That's one thing I love about Atkins....we can eat real food that is delicious and nutritious. As far as struggles go, I've been bouncing between 147 and 149 for the past three months. No matter what I do, I can't seem to lose any more weight. According to healthy weight charts, my weight is fine for my height and build. My BMI is normal...23.2. However, I still have too much fat around my waist, though I've lost at least 10 inches from that area alone. My husband and I walk at a pretty brisk pace for 70-90 minutes a day, six days a week. We live in a mountainous area, so there are some inclines in our route. I have a lot more muscle definition now, so I know I've gained muscle mass. Thanks for caring about how we are all doing. You are a special lady! Take care! Cindi
June 04, 2013 05:25 PM EST
kachinaedgmon, you look fabulous in your picture! I'm so glad you were able to lower your blood pressure on Atkins, your health is so important. I want to hear more about your bodybuilding, will you update me on your progress?
June 10, 2013 04:49 PM EST
JayHawk - or should I call you Cindi? I love hearing from you and your husband, you have so much positive energy! I think it's fabulous that you go walking together, has it brought you closer as a couple? Also, are you sure you need to lose more weight? How do you feel? How are your clothes fitting? It's important to transition to maintenance at some point or you'll disappear!
June 10, 2013 04:56 PM EST
semidey said:
Hi Sharon, I wanted to know if you eat less than the 20 carbs, can you still loose weight? I been doing Atkins and I have lost 1lb. I am reading and learning it as I go, any suggestions?? help
June 12, 2013 03:57 PM EST
JayhawkinMexico said:
Hi Sharon, LOL that I'll disappear! I can't imagine that would happen. Since I had metobolic syndrome and am fairlfy carb-intolerant, I haven't been able to go much above 20-25 net carbs yet. I tried going up to 30 net carbs, but gained a bit, so I backed down to 20 again. I'll keep trying to increase my net carbs a little at a time. Fortunately, I haven't had any cravings and I'm not at all bored with the food choices. I think I need to lose a little more weight to get rid of the last of the spare tire around my middle. I'm going to try doing crunches and some other exercises to try to firm up my abdomen and see if that helps. I feel pretty good and have more energy than I used to have. As far as clothes fitting, all my old clothes are very baggy on me. I had a girlfriend put new elastic in some shorts and skirts so I could wear them a bit longer. I can now fit my hips and legs into just one of the legs of my shorts, so I guess it's really past time to buy some new clothes. My blouses and shirts just hang on me. Maybe if I buy some new clothes that fit, I'll finally realize that I'm not a size 22-24 anymore. You asked if walking with my husband has brought us closer. Yes, I can say it has. We get out of the house before 7 a.m. to get our walk in before it gets too hot. It's still fairly quiet at that time, so we have uninterrupted time together to talk. Plus, since we're doing it together, we keep each other motivated. We're up to 90 minutes a day, six days a week now. Thanks so much for your support and care for all of us! It really means so much! My husband is amazed that you are willing to take the time to blog and to respond to your comments. We're looking forward to seeing you on the X Factor in the UK! Take care! Cindi
June 12, 2013 05:53 PM EST
JoeSummer said:
It's too bad I just now returned to Atkins. I was trying Low Calorie and it worked, though feeling hungry all the time is no fun. I had a great meatball meal tonight and with tomatoes and a BIG salad of greens, I feel GREAT!!! Now, for a snack tonight before I settle in to watch some TV, I'm going to enjoy a Caramel Chocolate Crunch Bar. Thanks for all the motivation and inspiration. You're great!!
June 21, 2013 03:07 AM EST