<April 2013>
14151617181920

It's good to be back! I need to catch up, so let’s hear it, fill me in!
Hello! It’s good to be back! How have you all been? What have I missed? I need to catch up, so let’s hear it, fill me in!

I’ve been going strong and steady. I was over in Europe, so I had to adapt to certain things like not having the convenience of the frozen meals, but when I started on Atkins there were no frozen meals, so I was fine. I just stuck to the carb counter. I’m curious, for those of you who have been on Atkins for a long time, do you go for the frozen meals now or are you in a steady rhythm of cooking with the carb counter?

I’m glad I was able to stay on track, not just for my body, but for my mind and energy as well. When I was heavier, 30 minutes of walking would tire me out, I needed to rest all the time. Now I have so much more energy and I even feel more eager to get things done.  Has anyone else experienced this? I’m more productive, I know how much better it feels to take on my to do list than to keep putting things off.

I’m also more balanced. I don’t go binging on junk food when things go wrong, so a problem is just a problem, it doesn’t have all the added guilt and bad feelings from overeating about it. I never thought of it like this before, but eating junk when you feel like junk just adds more junk to your life!

That’s all for now. I’m looking forward to hearing back.

All my love and support,

Sharon.

Published Friday, April 05, 2013 06:06 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Induction, Carb Balance/Carb Intolerance, Weight Loss, Cravings / Problem foods, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
michelekraus said:
Way to go, Sharon! I like how you separate any problems you have from your food. Makes it easier to deal with one or the other, separately. I suffer from MS, and this low-carb eating has really worked wonders for me. I don't really go for the frozen meals, because none of them appeal to me. I don't like peppers or many vegetables, so it is a struggle at times to really get in all my nutrients. I do have so much energy and feel fantastic, even on days when my MS is acting up (which doesn't seem to be as severe lately)!
April 05, 2013 06:33 PM EST
Michele, do make sure you are getting all your nutrients. Are there any vegetables you like outside of the frozen meals? I love mashed cauliflower and green beans!
April 05, 2013 06:37 PM EST
Who else? Let's hear how you're doing!
April 05, 2013 06:42 PM EST
vhmobile said:
Sharon do you really stay on it without the Atkins pancakes and all of the Flax Meal low carb bread recipes online??? I really need some of those to fill in, I am just not a veggies person.
April 05, 2013 06:44 PM EST
Golf Gal Cheryl said:
Hi Sharon...glad to hear you had a great time in Europe and still going strong.

I am in my 13 th week (and I'm one that had never gotten past week 6 in previous history) and down 19 lbs & 14 inches...on my way to my 30 lb goal loss. Yipeeee!!! But...even better news is that I just had my fasting Lab tests done this past week and all of my numbers are much improved from last Nov. when they were done and two of my meds were reduced. My Chlosterol was substantially reduced & my Doc had threatened I would have to go on meds for that if I did not bring my numbers down. Doc gave me a Great!!! With 3 exclamation points Doc said to keep doing what I was doing...all my numbers were much improved. Yay...Atkins!!!
April 05, 2013 06:45 PM EST
ktgrace13 said:
I haven't gotten the chance to try to frozen meals I cook at home a lot. I love atkins because of it I was able to put my diabetes into remission. I officially require no medication for it at all. I'm down 67 lbs so far. I cook a lot at home and I honestly never feel deprived. I know what you mean about feeling better with walking after losing some weight. I hurt my body for a really long time and when ever I'm surrounded by junk food I look at it as if it were an enemy, because it is! This diet sometimes gets a bad wrap because a lot of people just do phase 1 for quick weightloss and then stop. It's important to make that commitment to follow this diet the way it's intended. It's the healthiest diet out there! Keep it up Sharon! Thank you for being such an inspiration!
-Katie Grace Smalling
April 05, 2013 06:49 PM EST
k.toughAgirl said:
Hi, I started looking into Atkins because I heard you talk about it. I have just spent 16 days on vacation, 8 days in San Diego and 8 in Anaheim. I was in Downtown LA for a whole day. I looked for you, LOL. We ate in restaurants or on site in theme parks for every meal the whole 16 days and I LOST half a pound. I just had to tell you as you were my inspiration and I was so very excited when I woke up and stepped on the scale after not seeing it for over 2 weeks. I have been eating this wonderful healthy way since January and I know now that it is going to be my way of eating for the rest of my life.
Thank you for keeping us all inspired
:-) Kathy from Canada
April 05, 2013 06:59 PM EST
Cheryl! I give you three exclamation points too!!! That is fantastic!!! You are adding years onto your life. Congratulations on staying committed, I know it's hard, but keep it going, one day at a time.
April 05, 2013 07:01 PM EST
Golf Gal Cheryl said:
Thank you dear Sharon...you are so right. (My LDL Chlosterol particle number came down from 2004 to 1469 and under 1000 is healthy range).

BTW...I do enjoy the frozen meals at lunch a couple times a week ...same for the bars & shakes saves me when I need that little extra.
April 05, 2013 07:07 PM EST
Katie Grace what a beautiful picture. You sound like you have a beautiful heart as well darling. Congratulations on not only losing weight and kicking diabetes, but sticking to the lifestyle.
April 05, 2013 07:09 PM EST
sixisenuff said:
Great to hear that you stay committed in travel as I will be headed to Vegas next week and needed the reminder that this can be done anytime and anywhere. Staying strong for almost a year so this will be a vacation, second honeymoon and Atkins anniversary celebration combined into one! Keep on keeping on!! :D
April 05, 2013 07:09 PM EST
Kathy, talk about an inspiration, who loses weight on vacation!? You're fabulous! I love it! And I love your commitment to your health.
April 05, 2013 07:12 PM EST
Vhmobile, you're going to laugh, but I love sausages! And bacon! If I have my sausages and bacon, I'm good to go! Everyone is different though, I'm sure you're a whiz in the kitchen by now. I can't get over the things some people are able to make lo carb!
April 05, 2013 07:14 PM EST
JayhawkinMexico said:
Hi Sharon!

I'm glad to see that you are blogging again! My husband asked me just yesterday if you were still writing your blog here. He likes to hear what you have to say. So do I!

The frozen meals aren't available here in my part of Mexico...at least, not yet. I enjoy cooking, so I don't know that I will use them much if and when they are available here.

Several of my friends and family members have been sharing recipes on Facebook lately. I've had fun adapting some of them to be Atkins-friendly. My husband is happy to have some new meals in the rotation.

My husband and I have incorporated a lot more walking into our lives. A few months ago, we could only walk about 20 minutes a day. Now, we walk an hour to an hour and a half a day, five to six days a week. We're able to walk at a faster pace now that we'd both shed some weight. Amazing how much more energy we have!

Take care and keep blogging! I love hearing from you!
April 05, 2013 07:24 PM EST
astovall said:
I love the Atkins way of life! My brother, RIP committed suicide 1 1/2 years ago by hanging himself :(, he introduced me many years ago! When he was on the program he was like a different person with so much more energy and an overall healthy attitude but back then we did not have any of the products we do now and it was hard for him to maintain that way of life. At least I have his music to live on in my heart and soul!

So I am enjoying my life as much as possible and definitely enjoying the Atkins products. I have arthritis but the weight loss has helped tremendously! Keep up the good work Sharon I have been listening to Ozzy since 1980 so I am your biggest fan!
April 05, 2013 07:25 PM EST
Sixi, I hope you have a hot second honeymoon in Vegas!!
April 05, 2013 07:26 PM EST
littlebearsday said:
Hi Sharon, First let me say you look wonderful. I only dream I will get there o ne day as well. I have up my water a lot and been planning m y meal and stop waiting until I feel like I am going to pass out. With watching 7 kids all day and teaching them and running around I do not take time for me. I make sure they eat and then I am starving which makes me grab some hting I should not. But over all I have learn a lot and trying harder.
April 05, 2013 07:31 PM EST
JayhawkinMexico thank you so much! It's always good to hear back from people or I feel like I'm talking to myself! And yes, yes, yes, to the walking! It feels good doesn't it? And it's a great bonding experience. Sending love to you and your hubby in Mexico!
April 05, 2013 07:32 PM EST
astovall, I'm so sorry about your loss. Stay close to his music, it is a wonderful way to connect with someone. And I will pass on your love to Ozzy!
April 05, 2013 07:34 PM EST
rachaelebner said:
Hello! I don't eat any of the frozen meals, bars or shakes. I do have one Atkins frozen meal in the freezer for an "emergency" though. I bought it when I had a coupon. :-)

Best of luck to you and thanks for being here!

Rachael
April 05, 2013 07:42 PM EST
Little Bears, it is nice to see a picture of you, I know you from our Facebook chats! God bless you for taking care of all those children!! My goodness, I still can't get over it! Seven! Listen, you've got to take good care of yourself in order to take care of them. You cannot wait until you are starving to eat something. You will be so much healthier and happier if you get good meals in, and you can do it! Come on! If you can take care of 7 children, you can do anything! Don't disappear on me again, you take good care of yourself and report back!
April 05, 2013 07:42 PM EST
Sending love to you Rachael! I bet you're a good cook!
April 05, 2013 07:44 PM EST
littlebearsday said:
Thank you for pushing us all. I know for me it means a lot for I have no support here at home. I can do this and will not give up trying. I hope I can over come being fat and tried all the time :) These children run me to the ground lol.
April 05, 2013 07:49 PM EST
shelleyfarren said:
Hi Sharon... I've been enjoying the frozen meals... the turkey and green beans was my lunch today and it was delicious. My local grocery store has just started carrying them but they don't have the breakfast one that you said you liked so well... I really wanted to try it. I make a lot of my own meals... mini quiches with sausages, peppers, bacon and cheese. There are so many good low carb sites on the internet so there's no reason to get bored eating on the low carb plan. Glad you're back... I've been waiting for an update. I am a huge fan of you and "TheTalk". Best to you ~ Shelley
April 05, 2013 08:22 PM EST
azachansonfan said:
Hi, Sharron.. You are like my role model your such a sweet woman. anyway you inspired me to do Atkins, I know I don't look overweight but i would still like to be 10 lbs lighter. I Just cant seem to break 129 no matter what I try. I have been on induction for about 3 weeks now and no loss, although Easter did set me back. aside from that I constantly crave carbs. any pointers?
April 05, 2013 08:32 PM EST
joy1228ce said:
Hi Sharon, You are such a beautiful woman inside and out. I am a stay at home wife and it's easy to cook for me and my hubby so I cook everything fresh and it saves me quiet a bit of money. I also like the feeling of being in control of what I put into my body. I don't think I will ever go back to eating the way I was before. And I have never felt so good in all my life. Well Sharon, you just keep on keeping on, your doing a wonderful job staying on board. See you around the pages. Joyce
April 05, 2013 08:44 PM EST
BlueRose32 said:
Hi Everyone, I am new here and new to Atkins. Just reading this blog has given me inspiration.
I have a lot of weight to lose but for now I am just trying to learn what to eat on Atkins. I am not able
to do much walking because of all the pain I am in. I have type 2 diabetis. I read here that one person kicked
diabetes the Atkins way. That is my goal as well. As I said I have a lot of changes to make so I am grateful
for this site and grateful for all the sharing that inspires me to keep on.,
God's Blessings to you all.
BlueRose in Florida
April 05, 2013 11:39 PM EST
goldendomer316 said:
I'm new to the Atkins site, but not to the Atkins style of eating. I began reducing my carb intake 18 months ago. Over the next 6 months I had reduced enough to be in induction phase. Why did I reduce my carb intake instead of just starting with Induction? Well, one I wanted to avoid the "Atkins flu" ;) and two, I was using over 200 units of insulin a day to manage my diabetes. Admittedly I dont use many products, theyre hard to find where I live, but is still eat a very low carb diet.
How has eating Induction for a year worked for me?that worked for me? How has it not worked might be a better question. For starters, I've lost 80 pound over the last year. My total cholesterol has dropped 100 points, there's still room for improvement but it is improving. Now the really cool part. As I said earlier, before I started eating this way, I was using over 200 units of insulin a day to control my diabetes, now I am medication free! That's right. Zero medication and I rarely see a reading over 100 mg/dl (5.5 mmol/l). I owe it all to the low carb way of eating!
I can't wait to read more of your progress Sharon. It's nice to see a truly healthy way of eating being supported!
April 06, 2013 12:26 AM EST
witchboi said:
I have to say the frozen meals are wonderful and so helpful. I like knowing that they are there I work weird hours so sometimes when I get home It's so nice to know I can have something that's quick and easy so I can unwind. Otherwise I'm pretty good at preparing food before hand on my day off so I always have a healthy low carb option ready for myself. I also use break time at work to look at low carb recipes on Atkins and other sites so I always have plenty of ideas of new things to try. Even my mom said to me the other day that she was impressed because many people say they are going to change their eating habits but never do but the fact that I was in the kitchen trying out another new recipe was wonderful. Although it may have been because I made enough for her too hehe. I'm glad your trip went well especially when it's not always easy to plan ahead.
~Brent
April 06, 2013 03:02 AM EST
slim46 said:
I am also new as of this AM to the Atkins site and to your blog Sharon!! What a Blessing to have read all of these comments !! What an inspiration you all are!! I am looking forward to my new friends on your blog!! Thank you all so much. I have much to learn and do on this new lifestyle!! I am ready to be healthier, have more energy and to look and feel better!!! Good "losing" or maintaining to you all !!! Elaine
April 06, 2013 03:14 AM EST
dargert said:
Thanks for being a positive for us to follow. Second time around for me on the Atkins. 15 years ago I lost 50 lbs and dropped my cholesterol from 360 to 180. I have been fighting Breast cancer the last 4 years with all the weight gain from the drugs. I have been on Atkins again for about 1 1/2 years and lost about 80 pounds. This is my new way of life. I have learned to not go back to my old ways. Yes I cheat on occasion, but I will never , ever go off Atkins. I was able to go off Blood pressure meds and a few others. I walk daily. And enjoy life.For the most part I try to cook, But having shakes and the Atkins Bars in the house come in handy. I would like to loose 10 more pounds but its all in my belly area and I just cant seem to get it off.
April 06, 2013 07:31 AM EST
jdfullmoon said:
Sharon-such an inspiration-Have been on Atkins since January lost some weight on another program but stalled and switched-have now lost 50 pounds total and on my way to the next-Love the energy I feel on Atkins-thank you so much for your leadership in this to motivate others to lead a new way of life : )
April 06, 2013 08:29 AM EST
JLZ said:
Hi. I'm new here and just feeling my way around. I decided I would start Atkins on Monday, and I need all the help I can get. Any suggestions on how I should start off? Any help would be appreciated. I don't know why my typing is coming out so small!
April 06, 2013 10:51 AM EST
JLZ said:
April 06, 2013 10:51 AM EST
JLZ said:
sorry for the hiccup
April 06, 2013 10:52 AM EST
punkinvt1 said:
I think the world of you Sharon. I watch the talk everyday.you are such a nice person,and you inspire me to follow Atkins. Thank You so much,Sue
April 06, 2013 12:26 PM EST
shivacat said:
Hi Sharon! Glad you had a great experience in Europe and are safely back to US. I too am new to the Atkins site, but not new to the Atkins way of life. I did the diet a few years ago, but didn't stick to it because with hubby and 5 children making separate meals was difficult. Now, all the kids are gone :), and I can get back to Atkins. I've been on induction for a week and am surprised how much better I feel already. Not sluggish. I have 60 pounds to lose. I am writing everything down that I am eating, so that I can take it to a Doctor to prove that I am Hypothyroid. I have all the symptoms, but I am unable to find a physician who will treat me because all my lab work is "normal" or "low normal" range. After the initial water weight loss, I don't expect to lose any weight with normal eating. I was on WW for 6 months and didn't lose any weight ( I didn't cheat either.). Anyway.....you are an inspiration to all of us. Thanks for the support. Lynne
April 06, 2013 05:55 PM EST
debbily said:
Sharon, you are such a wonderful, shining ray of light! Thank you so much for taking the time to be here with us! You are a true inspiration to all of us! You look amazing! Keep us posted please! Love hearing from you!
April 07, 2013 03:30 PM EST
Pkcordero said:
I started Atkins 3 years ago and lost about 40 pounds. Last year after I had surgery and was off work for 6 weeks my eating habits digressed. Life has been very stressful since then, with the loss of my father in law, brother in law and my beautiful mother in law, whom I cared for the last 2 months of her life. Unfortunately I have gained back 20 pounds but am ready to hit the ground running again! I have not tried the frozen meals yet but the shakes are great for busy mornings and the snacks help those sweet tooth cravings. Looking forward to being inspired by those who are on this journey also!
April 08, 2013 03:11 AM EST
Brendaj0 said:
Good morning Sharon, I am on my 4th week & I have lost around 14 pounds. I wanted to know where I would be able to find the strips that tell you what phase your body is in. I can't seem to find them anywhere.
By the way, I always enjoy listening & watching programs you are a part of. Your positive energy & personality is a joy to listen too. Thank you!
April 08, 2013 10:34 AM EST
newlife4$me said:
Just got started. 3.5 lbs in the first 3 days. I like having the back-up of frozen meals, bars, shakes to help me through long working hours/busy days. Your sucess of 23'ish pounds in 6 weeks also peeked my interest and made me feel that this could be less daunting. I need to go from 162 to 135 (it's been 16 years). I can't wait for my energy to go up. I think this is a life style I can easily live with. Thank you.
April 08, 2013 04:58 PM EST
nocarbs76 said:
Would love to see a "real" picture of you Sharon. This airbrushed one is creeping me out! You are a beautiful woman and you should let your beauty shine through. We are a true Atkins community and pride ourselves in revealing our true selves, non-glamourous but still fierce! xoxo
April 08, 2013 07:04 PM EST
Celestialflower said:
Thank you Sharon. You are an inspiration! I went to the doctor's yesterday and the scale in their office, with me fully clothed and shoes on, I weighed 7 lbs more than I weigh on my scale in the morning! I was mortified. :( I have the same difficulti as you, emotional eating. I was doing well, then my cat had to be put down after my son decided to move out on his own! I'm getting back on track today. I have a bad time getting over that first hurdle of getting off sugar. I tried one of the Atkins dinners and it was ok. I think the poriton is too small. I also noticed I gain weight when I eat a lot of red meat. I've been more semi vegetarian and that works a little better.
April 09, 2013 09:28 AM EST
Pretty_in_Pink said:
I have been on Atkins for many years (on and off ... now on for good!). One thing that was always tough for me was lunches .... I love, love the frozen meals. And, with the $1 off coupons I can purchase them for around $2.50! This has made a BIG difference in my success! Thank you for your blog and helpful hints!!
April 09, 2013 02:29 PM EST
erika0511 said:
Hello Sharon. First I must say I just love your hair color. I think it will be my choice of color when I re-invent myself after I lose this weight! I love the fact that Atkins has frozen meals now. I dont like to cook all the time and they are convenient and tasty. Congrats to you and your weight loss! I can't wait until I can pose for a picture feel good about it.
April 09, 2013 07:40 PM EST
JRick91 said:
Dear Sharon, because of hearing your commercial on television, my daughter and I looked into Atkins and decided that this would be a good diet for her to follow. She has been on it 3 days and has lost 6 lbs. She has about 50some to go, but she is determined!! Thanks for all you do!!!
April 11, 2013 05:16 PM EST
Star4774 said:
Hello Sharon, Thank you for your words and positive thinking. I started on this adventure on Feb 28, 2013 I had lost 29 pound by April 11,2013. This morning I was up 2 pounds but I am trying to be positive and not blow what I have already done. I love the Aklins frozen Dinners and if I could afford to would live on them. I am 68 and just starting a new job tomorrow morning (my old one closed their doors and moved to Florida). So I have been a boundle of nerves. But just wanted to say Thank you for all your help.
April 14, 2013 11:05 AM EST
Kari K said:
Hi Sharon,

When I want to eat junk food I dive into Pork Rinds. It really helps with the junk food cravings. It's bad when you start dreaming about donuts lol. I've lost 10 pounds so far in 3 weeks and I'm proud of myself. No sugar, bread or anything like that and I'm in ketosis and I feel really good. I must admit that some of the ingredients make me nervous of trying the atkins frozen meals but I am sure that in time I will still test them out. Why not have some low carb pancakes or sugar free cheesecake available and even low carb donuts? Yum. lol. They need to sound like food that we're familiar with I think before we eat them lol.

Thanks for the wonderful inspiration that you have been :) Good luck on your goals. My goal is to lose 115 pounds..

Kari
April 14, 2013 01:00 PM EST
mandalane said:
"I never thought of it like this before, but eating junk when you feel like junk just adds more junk to your life!" That is such a profound statement. It just hit me as HOW TRUE!! So many times we find ourselves finding comfort and solace in food when we are at a low point or have a problem. By doing so we just add more guilt, blame and feelings of worthlessness to our already low self esteem and add one more problem to our problem.
April 15, 2013 07:52 AM EST
joliemaman said:
I am so inspired by you! I am in the process of losing 239 lbs. As of today I've lost 85.4 lbs. I started at 359 lbs a year and half ago. My goal is 120 lbs. As a 42 year old single mother of four I know how important it is to be healthy. I tried every single weight loss system out there until a good friend introduced me to Atkins! Atkins is the only thing that has every helped me. I haven't gotten so much criticism for following this healthy lifestyle, despite my continued weight loss. I've spent years being mocked and treated like a horrible person for being heavy. It is such a struggle to lose weight. I love that I can eat, not be hungry, and enjoy real food instead of starving and eating the prepacked meals on other plans. I love that despite all my health issues I'm losing weight. My kids are so proud of me.
I'm so delighted to see you standing strong and showing the world how healthy and happy one can be and that you lost the weight, look amazing and are maintaining it! You are my hero! I can't wait to show my picture at 120 lbs next to my before picture at 359 lbs. This is a long and overwhelming journey. I look forward to seeing you on The Talk every day so I can keep myself inspired and moving downward on the scale and forward in my life. Thank you!!!
April 15, 2013 02:49 PM EST
joliemaman said:
Sharon, I love mashed cauliflower, green beans, red, yellow, orange, green bell peppers, spinach, salad, asparagus (lightly steamed with a little sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds to finish), mushrooms and onions in a red wine reduction sauce ( I make steak first then the cook the onions and mushrooms and add to the wine reduction I use to deglaze the pan I cooked the steak in) eat that with the asparagus for a wonderful dinner. I love to cook, especially French food so I just substitute low carb ingredients to make my favorite dishes. My carb counter and kitchen scale are my best friend. I do get tired and since I cook low carb for my daughter and myself and add higher carb sides for the rest of my children (they're very thin to start out with), I like to have the frozen meals handy just in case. I do love the shakes for breakfast and lunch and use the bars as a snack if I really need it. It's funny because I'm losing a total of 239 lbs, I'm staying in induction for a much longer period of time than the average person (we're talking years lol). I often find that because the foods I eat are naturally low in carbs there are days where I am 6 or 7 carbs under my 20. I do look forward to adding berries and things into my diet eventually but find I can cook delicious low carb meals and keep to my 20 net carbs a day very easily. I'm have to say that I have longed for savory Atkins food (I like savory versus sweet and that would be my weakness for cheating) and am delighted to Breakfast, lunch and dinner options that are so well made. My daughter (14) and I both love them! I kind of miss the old Atkins bake mix (awesome for crepes and such) and the shake powder in a canister. I loved mixing it with coffe, ice, a little half and half and sugar free syrup for an awesome frappe or make a smoothie with some fresh berries. I do wish Atkins would do some savory snacks like crackers or something for those times you really need a savory crunch. Although I'm learning not to do the emotional eating so maybe I won't want those??? Anyway I do think it might help those, especially newbies to Atkins to adapt to the low carb lifestyle if they could have a favorite treat without eating something bad for them.
April 15, 2013 03:04 PM EST
Idhunn said:
Hi Sharon,

I haven't seen the Atkins frozen foods in my grocery store as yet but I'll be looking for them this weekend. I just started last Saturday (6 days ago) so I'm still getting things together for the diet. So I pretty much just cook it all for now. It's all good though, lol. I've lost 8 pounds in the first 6 days! Not too shabby!

Also, as you say, walking and such can be drudgery at a higher weight. I'm looking forward to enjoying my activities more as the weight melts away. Only 6 days into this diet and my energy level has already improved! I'm feeling very good about low carb dieting.
April 19, 2013 12:46 AM EST
sunowl59 said:
Hi Sharon,

I just want to tell you you were the inspiration for me to try Atkins. I had tried it years ago but this time I am trying to stick with it. I agree with you regarding eating junk when feeling like junk and so forth. You look great and I thank you for your positivity and support.
April 21, 2013 06:34 PM EST
maewest131 said:
I also want you to know that because of you I started the Atkins way of eating on 021613. I had lost 14lbs on my own since the first of the year just eating healthy. Since then I have lost another 21lbs for a total loss of 35lbs. I love watching you on The Talk. I think you are a lovely person and a class act! Praying for your comfort and peace. Blessing to you for being an inspiration!
Penny
April 23, 2013 12:36 AM EST
jeshuaschild said:
Well, I fell off the wagon and put back the weight, but more than that, my body hurts so bad. All those carbs put pressure on mug knees. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and am going to try the frozen meals to help detox. Hope I don't have to go through induction. Thank you
April 24, 2013 03:50 AM EST
emvdiaz said:
Hi, Sharon....you are an inspiration to many of us! I lost 18 lbs in 6 wks which is amazing to me after many times of trying with other programs. Thank God for Atkins! I do feel so much better and heathier, and this program makes sense to me. I have tried some of the frozen meals and they are good. I would buy them and keep them for those "busy days" at work or when I don't feel like cooking. I'm not doing Induction but the OWL from the beginning, as I am diabetic. But even like that, I have managed to lose the weight. Take care of youself and keep up the good work!
April 24, 2013 12:34 PM EST
sweetjhara75 said:
Sharon, April 16 was my 1 year on Atkins. I am 43 lbs down with 42 to go. More importantly, my diabetes is fully controlled with out any medications (I was on 4 meds!) im also off my blood pressure meds and cholestrol meds. Also, we are hoping to adopt a child and I know I will be able to run and play with him or her.

I have chosen to "eat clean" as my husband says, so i prepare my own meals as much as possible and try to stay away from convienience foods unless i have no other option.

Keep working hard, The plan always works if you work it.

April 24, 2013 10:23 PM EST
claire_robert said:
Living in Canada I haven't yet been able to try the frozen meals (hopefully they'll come to Canada soon??) so I cook every meal from scratch. I love it at home, fresh meats and veggies on the grill - there's nothing better!!

However, I find vacations nearly impossible!!! Especially over in Europe! Last time I was in the UK I couldn't believe how high-carb the take-away food was - yikes! I stuck to lamb and salad. I just got home from vacation in Hawaii so I was at least able to get the best Macadamia nuts on the planet!!

I definitely suggest that people read up on Paleo and other natural food diets as well. Keep it low carb, of course, but make sure that the low-carb recipes for desserts and pancakes and all that don't take over - those treats can be about as bad as their full sugar versions!!
April 25, 2013 11:12 PM EST
ctfairman said:
Hi Sharon --
I am an Atkins "newbie." I started 3 days ago looking for a way to jump start my metabolism. My thyroid gland has been gone 3 years now and my metabolism is ever so slow, despite taking my thyroid meds. Good news, though, I am down 2.6 pounds in just 3 days. I am enjoying the frozen meals for lunch. For evening meals I have been using Atkins recipes, adding additional items like rice, potatoes, or fruit for those family members who aren't as metabolically challenged as I am. Keeping everyone satisfied at meal time while I count carbs is trying.

On another note, my daughter who is 7 1/2 months pregnant with her first child had the privilege of attending The Talk's $1,000,000 Baby Shower which aired today. Her husband is in medical school in SoCal and they exist primarily on student loans. They are overwhelmed by the generosity displayed by The Talk members and all of the vendors who donated items. Our family thanks you and The Talk for hosting this event. Please know how beneficial the gifts are to this young family who is just starting out - crib, pack 'n play, stroller, car seat, high chair, baby monitor, and the list goes on! The generosity displayed is unbelievable! Thank you so much!
April 26, 2013 08:44 PM EST
bella418 said:
HI Sharon, Just wanted to send good thoughts and prayers to you and Ozzie. I know addiction is tough to beat, but we can do it. I just started Atkins last week and lost 4.5 lbs. I've done alot of different diets in my time. As a woman of certain age i seem to be putting on more than usual and it wasn't coming off like it did when i was in my 20s. Thank you for being my inspiration. God Bless.

Sincerely, Bella418
April 27, 2013 07:31 AM EST
tradernat said:
Hey Sharon- I just want to thank you for getting me started on Atkins! I saw you talking about it on TV and thought -what the heck, I've tried everything else and nothing has worked, so I might as well give it a try. I've been resistant to Atkins in the past because I love my carbs and thought I could never do it! Well surprise, surprise! I can't believe it! I've been doing Atkins for 2 months now and I'm down 17 pounds. I don't miss the carbs and can't believe how easy it is to say no to them. I have not cheated even once. I'm so thrilled to be doing something that actually works and I feel great. And for once, I'm not starving all the time. I still have a lot to lose, but I am looking at it 10 pounds at a time. Thanks Sharon, and thanks Atkins!!!
April 27, 2013 09:39 AM EST
pammydoug said:
Hi Sharon,

Today is day 3 and I'm down 5 lbs., I'm hoping this works for me as my goal is 20 lbs. I'm not sure I can go without a beer on the weekends, is it ok to have 1 or 2 low carb beers? By the way, you look great!!
May 01, 2013 02:00 PM EST
hhollingsworth said:
i just started atkins april 17th i am so happy i did i cant believe that i have this much self control but yesterday was my first cheat day ugh i ate everything i could now im so sick today how do you deal with the cheat days how can i make it better and helllllllo its may post a new comment id love to hear from you i sure love ya sharon you inspire me
May 02, 2013 02:16 PM EST
heatherd_87 said:
Hi, To answer one of your questions about being on Atkins a long time and eating the frozen meals, I'd rather cook. I've gotten quite used to cooking all my meals. I feel that I can get more vegetables and feel more satisfied when I cook my meals myself. I have tried the frozen meals, and they're really good. I will use them when I don't have time to cook, and it's great to have that option.
May 10, 2013 07:48 AM EST
rede2lose said:
Dear Sharon,
I feel as though I know you,having been an avid fan of the Osbornes Family Show for years, but even more inspired by all you've been through and still smile and look amazing. I am just starting atkins and so far, since I'm a veggie and meat lover had felt satisfied and enegetic. Well as much as I can at 230 lbs. My goal 130 lbs, even if it takes 1-2 years to get it off. Just happy you are in our corner to laugh and encourage.
Thanks
June 04, 2013 01:12 PM EST
JustMJohnson said:
Hi Sharon,

I'm so happy to have found your blog. Your comment, " a problem is just a problem, it doesn’t have all the added guilt and bad feelings from overeating about it.!" really is profound. I never heard it put that way and I've put it on a sticky on my desktop. I've just started Atkins and lost 5.8 lbs in 5 days. What??? I'm over the moon, and will continue to read and be inspired by your blog. I have a long way to go and I'm 55 years old, and disabled, so I cannot exercise. But I love the program, and I'd already cut out caffeine years ago, sugar and wheat last year, so it suits me.
Thanks for being an inspiration!

P.S. Have been a fan since The Osbournes show, and my grown kids even gave me a Sharon doll. "Ozzzzy!!!!"
June 07, 2013 01:39 PM EST
triciel2 said:
Hello Sharon:

This is my first day doing the Atkins diet or program . I am so excited and ready to start losing the weigh. I guess my story is like anyone else. I am a overwiegh Pharmacist Technician, who has really struggle for a while. I am so tired of feeling so bad about myself and I recently have gotten married to a wonderful man in Montego Bay, Jamaica which was the best day of my life. but, I know but stanks, I wish I could have been at least 100lbs lighter that day. I am so tired of being tired and so miserable so I thought it was time to do something aboout it. So I am hoping and praying that I can get some motivation because I know I am definitely going to need. I am happy to see you here I just love you.
June 23, 2013 01:20 PM EST
figsbaby said:
Sharon I admire what your doing...I am47 and am having a horrible time getting started on this...I moved to Alaska 2 years ago and I have done nothing but gain weight..i need some people to help me at least get started....please
July 01, 2013 05:00 AM EST
marlo1985 said:
I personally do not know if you read these or not but in case you do. Congrats on your weight loss. You and my mother are the ones I believe getting me going. This is day one for me and I am excited. I have let my self go. (to say the least) But it is now time. I hope in one year from today I can look back and say I did it! My reward will be a two- piece swim suit. not much I know, but believe me, it will feel awesome. So here I go. Keep up your enthusiasm my dear.
All my best