<March 2013>
17181920212223

My family, friends and I have collectively lost 100 pounds!
Hello! I hope you all had a fabulous Valentine’s day!  Ozzy and I spent a lovely weekend together in London. He can be quite the romantic…when he remembers!

I actually spent part of my Valentine’s Day with Atkins here at the Talk!  After we did our live Valentine’s Day show, we taped a segment about Atkins myths, and I was really surprised at the things people believe! I was also very impressed with our studio audience, they did great on the ‘true’ or ‘false’ quiz – they really earned those goodie bags!

There are some great pictures in here from the Atkins episode and the Valentine’s Day episode. For years I’d refused to wear anything but black, and yet here I am in a pastel pink coat. I’ve become an expert at hiding weight, and now that I’m not hiding anything, I’ve got loads more options!

Last Friday was also a very important day for me. I’m not sure if any of you got a chance to see, but Jack and I did a PSA that aired after “The Young and The Restless” on CBS. I was a bit emotional when we taped it and watching it again just makes me want to emphasize the importance of family and taking care of your body so you can be there for a long time for your family. Atkins isn’t just about looking good on the outside, it’s getting healthy on the inside too.

How many of you have ever had a major health scare? Chances are that you have, especially if you’re in your 50’s, 60’s, 70’s and so on. You only get 1 body, and no matter what modern medicine can do to it, it’s up to you to take care of it. I love nothing more than when I read posts from people on here who tell me they’re off their heart medication because they’ve lost weight with Atkins, or that they were able to prevent a diabetes diagnosis.

Sometimes I get messages from people who say they’re worried about a loved one who needs to lose weight but they can’t get them to try Atkins. There’s a real simple way to do it – lead by example. When I first started Atkins, it was just about me improving my health, but once people around me started noticing a difference in my body and in my health, they wanted to get on Atkins too! Between myself, Ozzy, Jack, and my assistant, we’ve lost over 100 pounds!

I want to hear about your families – are you struggling? Are you doing Atkins together? Let me know!

All my love and support!

Published Friday, March 01, 2013 01:22 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Weight Loss, Personal observations & lessons learned
Attachment: thetalk2.jpg
Comments
Kathyw/aK said:
Hey there Sharon
From one red-head to another (mine's out of a bottle) "You look Fabulous darlin!!"
Your so right about the one body of ours. I'm choosing to take full responsiblity of mine and by doing so I have my beloved Jerry climbing on board also.
Thanks for blogging and the link......KEEP ON ROCKIN GIRLFRIEND!!
K
March 01, 2013 02:11 PM EST
Golf Gal Cheryl said:
Hey Sharon...saw your Talk show & loved it...you are great!!! My hubby is Diabetic and on this plan for his dinners only and already down to his 194 lbs goal weight & all his numbers improved. We both have lost 16 lbs in our 8 th week. Very happy with this plan!!!
March 01, 2013 02:33 PM EST
Kathy - us read heads have to stick together! I love your picture, and I'm glad your man is on board, it's so much easier to have a partner in crime!
March 01, 2013 02:40 PM EST
Cheryl - your comment is amazing! I am so happy for you and your husband - I think that's what's so important, people can make major health changes and have a longer time to spend with their loved ones.
March 01, 2013 02:47 PM EST
Who else is doing Atkins with their families? Let's hear about it!
March 01, 2013 02:55 PM EST
joy1228ce said:
Hi Sharon, it's good to hear from you. My husband is doing Atkins with me and he doesn't even need to lose any weight. Stay beautiful and keep on rocking it! Joyce
March 01, 2013 03:00 PM EST
CynthiaThurmond said:
I couldnt pull a roll out of my husbands mouth with a truck. But thank goodness I have all this great support on here. lol
March 01, 2013 04:29 PM EST
katcandoit said:
Hi Sharon;
When I commited to Atkins in May 2012, I told my family this is how I was going to cook. They could eat whatever they wanted, but I wasn't going to cook it. :) My oldest daughter jumped right on board. In a matter of 2-3 weeks my husband jumped on too. So far, I have lost 62 lbs., my husband 65 lbs., and my daughter 50. It is wonderful to have each other's support! My other 2 children have also lost respectively 20 pounds each, and that's from just eating all of the healthy food we now have at home. I truely believe that this has saved our lives. My husband was on blood pressure medicine before and now he no longer needs to take it. I am thankful to have such a wonderful support system. Kudo's to your family and friends for being there for you!
March 01, 2013 05:11 PM EST
njokeedokee said:
Hi Sharon - I have tried every diet out there, sometimes I am successful, but only for a short time. I always go back to my old ways and gain more than I lost. I am at my all time highest now. My daughter got married last fall and all I wanted was to look good for her wedding and no matter what I tried I couldn't accomplish losing weight. When I look at her wedding pictures I am mortified. THAT'S NOT WHO I WANT TO BE!!! I am now having hip and knee problems which I am sure is attributed to being overweight.

I have been so depressed. I started yet another diet in January and have not lost any weight at all. I even joined a gym but because of my hip pain I find it difficult to work out. I feel such shame.I just want to hide.

I have always admired you and what a strong woman you are. Seeing you on the Talk inspired me but I just don't have much faith in myself....I am a food addict and I'm not sure if there is anything that can help me overcome my addiction. I feel like this is what I am cursed with for the rest of my life.

I am reading Atkins material right now and trying to get a better understanding of this diet. The thought of giving up carbs and sugar seems to me to be a recipe for failure....especially for a food addict, yet I have tried other plans where you were allowed to have everything, but in moderation, and that has never worked either. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Sorry for rambling. I just feel so lost sometimes. Thanks for all the good that you do for so many people. God Bless you!
March 01, 2013 05:16 PM EST
JayhawkinMexico said:
Hi Sharon,

You look fabulous in the pink jacket! Congratulations on your weight loss and for inspiring Ozzy and Jack and your assistant to lose weight as well! Way to go!

My husband and I are both doing Atkins. He had a health scare last fall when our doctor told him he had diabetes. He was the one who got us started on this way of life.

I've had a couple of health scares in the past, but never could seem to stick with any healthy eating program for more than a couple of weeks. I've been on Atkins since mid-October and am approaching my goal! After weighing 250-260 several years ago, it's amazing to be on the verge of weighing less than I did in high school! Less than a pound to go and I'll be in the 140's for the first time since I was a freshman in college.

My blood pressure is now normal and my blood work last month was much improved. My total cholesterol was down 20 points, my HDL cholesterol was up to a normal 55, but best of all, my triglycerides went from 624 to 82!!!

Having family on board is definitely a huge help. I can't imagine the struggles many of you face with family members who aren't supportive.

Hang in there, everyone!

Thank you, Sharon, for all you do to promote Atkins!!
March 01, 2013 08:03 PM EST
kevoxyde said:
Thanks for EVERYTHING YOU DO Sharon. You are an inspiration! And you look fantastic!
March 02, 2013 09:36 AM EST
lynnevon said:
Hi Sharon, you look amazing! My sister was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year. She doesn't follow Atkins, but Weight Watchers which works for her. She's lost weight and gotten her health in hand, and we support each other every day even though we're on different eating plans. The key is to find a plan that works for you and lets you take control of your health, and support from your loved ones is essential. My husband has no weight issue whatsoever, but he supports me unconditionally and always looks after me to make sure I have something appropriate to eat if we're away from home. Keep it up and good luck everybody, and congratulations on all the weight lost and health gained!
March 02, 2013 11:43 AM EST
london74 said:
hiya Sharon u look awesome ive been a fan of ozzys for years I was following jacks show on scifi til he got sick I hope hes doing well now I know a couple of people with ms your whole family is inspiring Kelly makes me laugh I know you all love each other very much this is my first time trying atkins it looks like its easy to follow wish me luck ive tried many things over the years but this time is extra hard I have a chronic illness and I started taking methadone and I got the munchies I never used to eat at night but I want to be a good example for my kids as well so I need to change my lifestyle especially with food a friend told me about how atkins works for her its amazing all the food you can eat instead of not eating and I love my cuppa during the day im glad I can have my tea still I have an amazing support system so no excuses here I go all in head first lol
March 03, 2013 05:15 PM EST
conniejk said:
I had noticed how thin you were looking when I caught your show but I did not know you were doing Atkins. When I got on this site the first time and saw you were on here I thought omg this is how she did it! You have really inspired me! This is only my 4th day but I believe it is going to work! Thanks! Connie
March 04, 2013 02:36 AM EST
jerri415 said:
Dear Sharon--It's because of YOU that I have finally started Atkins. I am on Day 2! Have done the plan once before and remember how quickly the cravings go away and the natural "high" from being on plan and in control. Fingers-crossed, hope that day comes soon.

To njokeedokee: Just START! I bought the book way back in October and had so many excuses for not starting sooner. Such a waste of time and health. Did you request the Quick-Start Kit yet? There's a 2 week Induction menu, a carb counter and Atkins Bars. Good luck to you. I'll watch for you on the Community boards.
March 04, 2013 03:04 PM EST
mbowerman1 said:
Hey Sharon,
I love your blog, and know what you mean when you talk about living for our families. I finally got off the fence and got back in the game this Saturday. My motivation is getting healthy, and staying healthy so I can provide for my two autistic sons. You are an inspiration for both me and my wife.
March 04, 2013 07:05 PM EST
quantumstar said:
Hi Sharon. been struggling with my weight for years and tried everything only to be really hungry.

I started Atkins today because of your testimony and said If Sharon can do it so can I.

I will be reading the blogs here and getting support.

thank you for making Atkins fun and exciting and to give me a push at my new lifestyle.

Patty

PS you look so good. so alive and healthy and beautful.
March 05, 2013 12:06 PM EST
susieg200732 said:
You look so good! Congrats!!!! I can not wait to get to my weight goal!!! You are an inspiration!! Thank you so much!
March 06, 2013 02:46 PM EST
Polly~ said:
Hi Sharon~

Thank you for being brave enough to share your journey with us! You are an inspiration.

In 2010 I had a massive left-brain hemorrhage. I was one of the lucky ones...I survived with no evidence that it ever happened. It changed many people's lives, including my neurologist's, who said I will always show brain damage on an MRI. When they did follow-up scans, there was no damage evident whatsoever. To what do I attribute that? My positive attitude.

My positive attitude plays a role in my Atkins lifestyle as well. I am so fortunate to have a life partner who gets it. He doesn't have excess weight to shed, but plans meals and eating out so that I can have the most healthy, controlled carbohydrate experience absolutely every time. It really does make all the difference in the world to have a supportive partner in this journey!

Best wishes to ALL of the Osbourne clan...we're all in this together!
Polly~
March 06, 2013 02:54 PM EST
drsuzy555 said:
Hi Sharon,
Thinking of and praying for your Kelli tonight!
drsuzy
March 07, 2013 07:25 PM EST
shelleyfarren said:
Hi Sharon. I love The Talk and I watched your show the day you did the myth busting... and I had the right answer for all of the questions... I thought to myself... I can do this... This is a lifestyle and not a diet. Sharon you look amazing and are such a positive inspiration for people to choose this way of life.
Thank you so much!
Shelley
March 11, 2013 07:08 PM EST
txguy812 said:
Sharon, thank you for being an inspiration to all, male or female. I have type 1 diabetes and the Atkins plan has been working wonders for my blood sugar control and some minor weight loss I have been trying to achieve. Love the Atkins frozen meals, was skeptical at first, but they are great and so easy to prepare! Keep up the great work!
March 12, 2013 11:59 PM EST
sheatee said:
My husband and I started Atkins 8 months ago because I was told I was insulin resistant. I researched insulin resistance and kept getting pointed toward the Atkins lifestyle. It has changed my life, but more importantly has changed the lives of the people I love. Besides myself and my husband, I have 2 cousins, an Aunt, and my Mother that have jumped on board! We have lost approximately 300 lbs combined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 14, 2013 09:45 AM EST
ldo@severson.com said:
I just started Atkins about 3 weeks ago. I have followed every rule and have only lost 6 pounds. I am getting a little discouraged. Any ideas how to keep my mind going in the right direction?
March 14, 2013 04:50 PM EST
reneejew said:
Hi Sharon! My husband and I are doing Atkins together...you can't beat getting the support from a loved one. We motivate each other...when I want a chocolate chip cookie, he tells me no!
Thanks for all of your blogs, it really helps motivate me not only reading yours but all of the others blogs in the community.
March 19, 2013 07:23 PM EST
Regina4 said:
Hi Sharon. So nice to see you on here! Usually I am watching you on the View or some other TV place. So, I started Atkins on 3-11-13. I am at the heaviest I have ever been in my life. When I was younger and would see someone that looked like me, I used to wonder how they could let themselves get so big. Well, here I am. I hate it!!!! I am existing, not living. I used to be an athlete and now I can barely walk a block! My kids don't know the real me. They are now 22 and 17 and I am now ready to focus on ME! I want my kids to see the fun mom that doesn't sit on the sidelines and watch them do everything. I want to do things with them! I had done Atkins years ago and lost 40 lbs in 3 months. My sister did Atkins and lost about 30+ lbs. She re started Atkins about a week before me. She encouraged me to try again. Her grown daughter is in her 20's and has had 3 kids. She too is the heaviest she has ever been. So, she is starting Atkins too. They live in Vegas, me in San Diego area. So, we talk on Facebook about our days, strategies, menus, etc. It is nice to have family members be there for support. I am determined to do it this time. I have 180 lbs to lose, I have to take it "one day at a time!" I am 49 now and I want to be FABULOUS in my 50's!!!! Please keep us posted on your progress and thoughts!
March 21, 2013 03:15 AM EST
Regina4 said:
OMG, I meant seeing you on The Talk, not the View. Ooops!!!!
March 21, 2013 03:17 AM EST
Karensong73 said:
I want to get my little girl some help. She binges. She is 9. I have never been very over weight, but she is. She is lots of other things too, and while I see those good things, some others don't. She wants her own profile and blog! I am doing my best to point her the right direction at home, without focusing on her weight.
March 25, 2013 03:14 AM EST
elizabethblair911@yahoo.com said:
Hi Ms Sharon I have lost 27 pounds on the Atkins since Christmas 2012. I am looking for interesting things to eat like the Kale chips and kale dip I just read about. Where can I get that recipe? I need that. I work so hard as a nurse i skip meals due to being too busy at work cannot get a break or too tired after i get off so I just grab a shake or a bar or nothing. I need outstanding good easy quick foods to fix and eat with my too tired self LOL Can you send me that and more if you have a minute, I appreciate your time and love for people. Thats why you are on here the Atkins site helping people. My cardiologist put me on this diet so I know after reading three Atkins books its the real deal for good health. Thanks Lizzy
March 25, 2013 03:25 AM EST
elizabethblair911@yahoo.com said:
March 25, 2013 03:25 AM EST
sugarmamas said:
Hey Sharon! Congrats on u and ur families weight loss..I was wondering how I could encourage my very carb addicted husband? Or do u think that adapting this lifestyle is a personal choice? He needs to lose 60+ pounds and I have tried cooking healthy but all the beer and pasta that he eats and drinks out of the house, derails anything I ave done.
Thanks
Laura
March 25, 2013 01:42 PM EST
jjolie2004050703 said:
Hello, I am very new to Atkins....just started on this today and I am looking forward to losing some weight as well as getting healthy. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2002 and unfortunately have put some weight back on. I am looking forwrd to losing it again. I have a very supportive husband and three great kids! Thanks for your inspiration!!
March 26, 2013 04:20 PM EST
Michaela44 said:
Hmm, haven't lost very much weight yet.
April 18, 2013 10:29 PM EST
daisy2doo said:
I also have a husband who loves to sabotage. I enjoy a good margarita or a nice martini and he seems to want me to fail? Weird how that mind works. He also loves to buy fresh fruit and chips (my weekness). Day six and I don't even crave any food.
April 20, 2013 03:13 PM EST
Capt. Stroh said:
Wow, Sharon, you look fabulous!! I had no idea you were into Atkins and had lost so much weight. Good for you!!
My boyfriend has struggled with excess weight since I've known him and had been trying to get me into Atkins for a few years, but I was so skeptical!
We moved aboard a sailboat a few years ago and I started doing all of cooking, so the poor guy didn't stand a chance of getting into ketosis until I finally got around to reading about Atkins. That was about two months ago and we've been going strong since then. It makes so much sense to me now that I've read up on it (3 books cover to cover so far) and I feel pretty sheepish about my past ignorance, but am committed to a carb controlled diet for the foreseeable future! Thanks for sharing your experiences on line and on your show - knowledge is power!!
May 22, 2013 12:19 PM EST
Deja Blessed said:
Hi Sharon im 25 years old and i lost 30pounds on the atkins diet i was an emotuional eater but now im overcoming my demons God will help I need some advice please!!! its almost like your fighting to win against this monster inside you its very hard but we will make it together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 19, 2013 03:16 PM EST