<December 2013>
15161718192021

Holiday Madness!
Hello! How has your holiday season been going so far? I want to hear all about your Thanksgiving! What worked, what didn’t? Who’s on track, who’s off track, and who’s somewhere in the middle?

Most importantly, are you enjoying your holidays this year? I want to hear one positive thing from everyone about your holidays so far. Come on, you can all think of something!

The holidays can be so stressful. Between all the traveling, shopping, planning, and visiting, it’s a wonder we all don’t go mad. There can be so many ups and downs, but it’s important to remind yourself of the ups or you’ll drown in your downs.

As a stress eater and an emotional eater, I’ve spent past years comforting myself with holiday goodies, waking up the next day feeling guilty, and getting lost in the cycle of guilt and overeating. But not anymore! I love the consistency of Atkins. I stick to my plan, I have my three meals per day, and I’m in control.

I’m also taking care of myself! Sticking to your plan is a fabulous reminder that you’ve got to take care of yourself. It’s not just about your weight, it’s about your health and well being. Be good to yourselves!

All My Love and Support,

Published Friday, December 06, 2013 02:56 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Induction, Carb Balance/Carb Intolerance, Weight Loss, Cravings / Problem foods, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
Let's hear it!
December 06, 2013 03:59 PM EST
dleo45 said:
Hi miss Sharon hope all is well with you and family.I do agree with you taking care of oneself and loving yourself is key to stay on trak there will all ways be stress but how we handle it is our choise . So far my holy days are FABULOS.Very thakfull counting my blessing.Wishing you and yours the best.
December 06, 2013 05:19 PM EST
JayhawkinMexico said:
Hi Sharon, I'm glad you are the one in control of your food and that food no longer controls you! Isn't that a great feeling? Thanksgiving isn't a holiday here in Mexico, though many expats get together to celebrate. This year, we stayed home and didn't do anything special, so no deviating from Atkins at all. After nearly 14 months on this journey, food just doesn't have the same appeal as it did before. For Christmas, I'll probably make turkey breast, salad and cauliflower casserole with cheese, cream cheese, green onion and bacon. You look great on the X factor in those slinky gowns! You are such a great example of someone who has had success following Atkins. I've noticed that Sam Bailey has dropped a bit of weight since the show started. She's so talented and seems like such a nice person! I hope she has great success even if she doesn't win the show...which she should!! Take care and thanks again for all you do to promote Atkins! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
December 06, 2013 05:51 PM EST
Sister Crystal said:
Sharon, I did amazing and proud to say that over Thanksgiving week still lost 3 pounds!!! Instead of when in the past I would gain 5!!! I am so excited! You are an amazing inspiration!!! Blessings, Crystal
December 06, 2013 10:13 PM EST
banjovidb said:
I'm doing fine with leaving off all starch... where I'm messing up is in portion size and eating when I'm not physically hungry. But I consider that a big step in the right direction, at least when I'm overeating it's not carbs! :-)
December 06, 2013 10:32 PM EST
crappieraider said:
I wanted to help out Sister Crystal so I put on that 5 lbs. she didn't want to. Actually it was an ice storm in Texas that shut down the town for 6 days. If it didn't move, it seems like I ate it. In any event, I'm back to exercise and Atkins, wish me luck and pray for good weather.
December 13, 2013 01:15 PM EST
obxmab said:
Recently had my annual blood tests and physical. First thing my doctor said was "wow what are you doing your numbers look fantastic". I said I was doing Atkins over the past 3 months and had lost 18 pounds. She was surprised and amazed, seemed in disbelief that Atkins really did bring good positive results. She expressed her health concerns about the diet but said the proof in is the pudding, and the results showed her just how healthy this lifestyle is. Its hard for people to see me eat as I do and believe its healthy. The doctor now has a much better opinion of Atkins. I am almost halfway to my weight loss goal :) .
December 15, 2013 08:36 AM EST
meme me said:
Our Family had a great Thanksgiving. I cooked everything but ate only the good things. I ate no garlic mashed potatoes, no cornbread dressing, no sweet potatoes, no bread or pies. I did eat turkey, green beans with butter and slivered almonds, cauliflower with butter, cream and parmesan cheese and spinach dip with celery and baby carrots. What a good dinner and I lost three more pounds. Yea!! I'll do the same for Christmas dinner.
December 18, 2013 12:22 AM EST
girl4lifecappy said:
Hi Sharon :) just wanted to let you know that I read your blog and say merry christmas. So far my holiday has been Wezome, I have 3 boys ages 20, 18 and a very active 2 year old and I have lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks best gift ever!
December 23, 2013 05:01 PM EST
ebobbitt said:
Hi Sharon! I did gain weight during the holidays but I'm ready for a fabulous 2014. I watch you every day on The Talk and think you're so funny! I've started Atkins anew this morning and have already made my menu for the week and I'm ready. I do so well as long as I plan. Have a wonderful and blessed 2014.
January 02, 2014 11:53 AM EST
HidingInTheShadows said:
Well hello Sharon! I'm very happy to see you are a spokes person for Atkins. That is awesome! I hope you had a fabulous holiday and Happy New Year to you. My Christmas was a blessed one. I got to spend it with my Mom, who almost died a few months ago due to Cancer. I am very thankful for every borrowed day we get to have her here in our world. I am just restarting Atkins after being off of it for roughly four years. So here's to the best for all of us, and may 2014 be a great year! I look forward to reading more from you. ~ A Fan from Canada ~
January 07, 2014 02:25 AM EST
Millerfarm said:
Tonight I finally ate and drank 40 carbs. My first 2 days were not good but with just eating a Atkins bar and substituting different food I did it. I gave myself a choice at dinner a roll or some potatoes and it worked. I feel good about today meeting my goal. I'm think I can do the same thing tomorrow.
March 04, 2014 07:31 PM EST
ametzer said:
a
April 02, 2014 02:48 PM EST
zarbach1 said:
Sharon, Besides being very lovely your enthusiasm inspires me. You have done so much in your life and I just know what you say is from your heart. I've just started my Atkins plan needing to lose 25 Lbs. I've increased my excersise program and I am walking a mile each day, feeling better already. The Atkins bar is a big help in me not overeating, and I am learning how to substitute foods, actually making choices. Proteins are boss and I love green beans, brussel sprouts, spinach and no breads or potatoes, would you think these are wise choices? God bless and again, you are so lovely and classy.......... zarbach1
April 03, 2014 04:39 PM EST
edmondsday66 said:
HI Sharon just started with my husband you look great! Im about your age and did atkins about 25 yrs ago and lost weight I need to lose about 25 lbs so bought the bars and shakes and getting a lot of stomach upset from them if you know what I mean! anyway im sticking with it and see what happens
April 11, 2014 02:55 PM EST