How I'm staying on Track this Holiday Season
Hello! How are you?
What's been going on? I just realized that it’s almost Thanksgiving and I
haven’t even started preparing for the holidays! I've got so much to do, but
before I jump in, I want to make a plan to stay on track this holiday season.
Have a look at what I've written down so far and tell me your tips to add to
1. Don’t shop and starve! Toss an Atkins bar in your bag or keep a few in the
car so you don’t go without eating if you haven’t got time to stop for lunch.
The longer I go without a snack, the harder it is to resist temptation.
2. Don’t get tricked by holiday packaging. All the coffee shops have the
special holiday cups and the special holiday drinks out. It’s easy to get
excited about it and forget what’s in those holiday coffee drinks. Skip the snowflake
syrup latte and try adding heavy cream and some cinnamon or nutmeg powder to a
regular coffee or espresso.
3. Stuff your turkey not your tummy! When there’s lots of food, we eat lots of
it! Portion control is so important. I have to remind myself not to pile things
on my plate just because I can.
4. If you go overboard, don’t abandon ship! We’re all human and we all have
slip-ups. What’s important is what you do after the slip-up. Don’t get down
about it and don’t throw away all your hard work. Get back on track at your
very next meal.
5. Eat, Drink, and most importantly of all, BE MERRY! Enjoy the holidays,
cherish the time you get to spend with friends and family. Don’t let food steal
All my love and support,
Published Friday, November 15, 2013 04:23 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Carb Balance/Carb Intolerance, Weight Loss, Exercise, Cravings / Problem foods, Personal observations & lessons learned