<October 2013>
20212223242526

One Fabulous Year On Atkins
I cannot believe it has been a whole year since I got started on Atkins. Time has flown by, and so much has changed.

I’m feeling more confident now, I'm much more comfortable in my clothes. My health has improved, and I’m walking more than ever.

Atkins is something that I do for myself. It’s not for anybody else, it’s for me, and I like that. It’s also something I can rely on. No matter what else is going on in my life, I’m in control of my weight and what I’m eating. I don’t go sabotaging myself anymore.  When I’m mad or sad, I’m not running off to the fridge for an ice cream.

I haven’t had potato chips or fizzy drinks in a year and I do not miss them at all, especially the fizzy drinks.

When I first got started, I was uncomfortable in my clothes, uncomfortable in my skin, and that’s not nice, it’s the worst feeling to have. If you’re feeling that way, you can change that.

I was talking about all this on KTLA the other morning and the anchors were surprised to hear you can have chocolate on Atkins. Yes! They have these little chocolate candies that are absolutely fabulous! I’ve got loads of them in my dressing room because everyone at “The Talk” is always coming in to steal them!

So how about you? What is different about your life since you’ve started on Atkins? Are you going steady or needing support? Let’s hear all about it!

All My Love and Support,

Published Thursday, October 03, 2013 02:46 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Weight Loss, Cravings / Problem foods, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
Alright, now I want to hear from you. How long have you been on Atkins and how has your life changed during that time?
October 03, 2013 03:15 PM EST
dleo45 said:
Ive been doing it for over 11 years now, and love the feeling of well been insaide plus the wonderfull side efect of sheding those ugly lbs.You keep it up Sharon BEST WISHES. :)
October 03, 2013 03:25 PM EST
Dleo45, 11 years, that's fabulous! What tips do you have for keeping the weight off? I'm approaching my goal and I'm starting to think about how I'm going to maintain.
October 03, 2013 03:30 PM EST
minpinmommy86 said:
I started Atkins after I had my first child because I gained an incredible amount of weight with him. I lost 40 lbs on Atkins and thought I was finished! I went back to my old lifestyle and put nearly all of it back on. I started again a week ago, I'm down 6 lbs already, feel good, and I feel even BETTER knowing that I am seeing this thing through this time. I will get to the maintenance phase because as we all know - Atkins is NOT a diet, but a way of life!
October 03, 2013 03:37 PM EST
minpinmommy86 hello darling, I love your picture! Good job on getting through your first week back on (and losing 6 pounds already), I found the first two weeks were the hardest, then you're on a roll and it's easy to stick to when you see the weight coming off!
October 03, 2013 03:42 PM EST
minpinmommy86 said:
Thank you, Sharon! You are beautiful and such an inspiration. I am never looking back! :) (Can't wait to try the new candies.)
October 03, 2013 03:53 PM EST
pjabed said:
I'm almost 64 and for the first time in my life, my focus is on food and not on weight. Each meal is a mindful (not obsessive) combination of good quality protein, vegetables, and healthy fats. I almost don't care what I way because I love the way I eat. I also love almost never being overly hungry, and NEVER eating so much food it was hard to breathe (which used to happen frequently, despite my best intentions and promises to myself). Except for the time it takes to prep and cook fresh, whole food, the whole program is practically effortless. I use the Atkins bars when time is short (mostly as protection against the bad choices that might tempt me when I've allowed myself to get too hungry) and the Endulge bars for a treat (one of the two peanut butter cups typically satisfies me). What do I miss? NOTHING!
October 03, 2013 04:01 PM EST
pjabed said:
Should be "what I weigh..." in the third sentence.
October 03, 2013 04:02 PM EST
minpinmommy86 thank you! Will you update me? I want to hear how things go for you.
October 03, 2013 04:13 PM EST
pjabed - you said it! You are right on, how long have you been doing Atkins?
October 03, 2013 04:15 PM EST
dleo45 said:
Well Ill tell you ,the key to success is to read and fallow the books that Dr. Atkins wrote they are my bible concerning my heath sence I discover "Dr Atkins vita- nutrient Solution" I take most of the vitimans and supplemens he recomends.It has woked very well for me. In my book he was an AWESOME Dr. may he rest in peace.And yes this is a way of life.
October 03, 2013 04:15 PM EST
minpinmommy86 said:
I absolutely will!
October 03, 2013 04:21 PM EST
Sister Crystal said:
Sharon, Saw you on DWTS cheering your son on...(you and Kelly look fabulous by the way) and was so good to see you looking so happy!!! I have been on just a little over 4 months and have lost 59 pounds..still have a lot to lose but I feel so good. My cholesterol and my blood sugars have dropped drastically and I am loving this program! I did it years ago (like 14) but it has changed and I love it even more...want to be a lifer...still have 81 more to go...then watch out world! I pray for your success and for Kelly to continue to stay strong too as she is so amazing too! God Bless!!! Crystal
October 04, 2013 01:06 AM EST
twohy1@mtaonline.net said:
This October 15 marks one year for me and 79 pounds gone; YES!!!!! I eat so well and have so much more energy to walk, run even(I am 61). Husband likes the new attitude which is worth the price of admission. Good way to eat for sure.
October 05, 2013 01:23 AM EST
debbily said:
I just have to say that you are amazing Sharon!! You look fabulous and very happy! You are an inspiration to all of us here I am sure! I have been on Atkins for a year now, I dropped the majority of my weight (over 60lbs) in five months! I love living the simple Atkins lifestyle! It suits me to a "T"! I did put on a bit of weight when I went on holidays for a month. But jumped right back on the program and those pounds are dropping off! I love Atkins, I will always be an Atkins girl! I feel amazing, and my health has never been better! I never want to lose the Atkins "Edge"! I wish you continued success Sharon! Continue to keep us updated on your progress!
October 05, 2013 02:08 PM EST
Big Sister said:
I think it's great that you can be such a great inspiration along with a lot of the members out there. I started Atkins in July 2013.. Then was apart of the Colorado floods, failed everything. Today I started again. My new beginning for everything and all things. Today I was looking for inspirations, and I found it through you, my Atkins friends and family. Thank all of you :)
October 05, 2013 09:12 PM EST
Celestialflower said:
If you want to keep the weight off.. you can't go back to eating the way you use to. I found that my cravings are finally stopping and when I can be in a restaurant and sit in front of a basket of bread and not touch it, I know I'm finally I control. I am one of those who cannot eat wheat. I had to totally stop eating it even in Atkins products like their bake mix, some bars, and their frozen meals that have pasta. Wheat triggers cravings and stimulates my appetite for more wheat products. You have to learn your triggers. With me it's wheat and unfortunately fruit. I have a serving of low carb fruit in the morning. When ever I have fruit at any other time, I'm hungry within 30 mins of eating it. I can't even have the fruit essence waters...even Mio. I start feeling hungry and want to eat.
October 07, 2013 10:12 AM EST
sfanning2011 said:
After trying to diet and finding I was Yo-yo ing, I wasn't sure what to do. I am 51 and it seems like it has been harder to loose weight as I get older. When my old doctor moved and I went to a new doctor last summer, he recommended his own lifestyle - a low carb diet called Protein Power. I read about that diet, and Atkins both - almost the same! I researched the pros and cons and read about the myths. I have been following the diet for 3 months and have lost 25 lbs in spite of a two-week travel vacation to see family in the middle. I am happier and healthier and consider this a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I watched you, read about your transformation and was inspired by you. Thank you for sharing! I have found a combination of Atkins food during work, and healthy cooking for dinner to be a wonderful combination. I'm not afraid to have an extra shake after work to stave off any hunger until dinner. I don't crave sugar after the induction phase, I'm not tempted by much and the Atkins treats will satisfy any temptation.
October 09, 2013 05:57 AM EST
MARJEANNE said:
I am new and starting today Phase 1. You look amazing Sharon. I am 69 and still fighting to lose and maintain. I lost 109 lbs and kept it off for over 6 years. Now health problems have set me back again. I need to lose 32 lbs. I have always been a carb lover , so this will be a real challenge. You inspire me. Bless your son Jack. I am watching him on DWTS and hope he wins. He gets my votes each week. He also is an inspiration. He is continuing his life and enjoying himself. I have to admit, I wondered what kind of dancer he would be. Well , he is great.
October 09, 2013 07:15 AM EST
mcbarb1 said:
Happy Happy Happy Birthday Sharon!!!! I am 3 1/2 months older than you and now feel fantastic because seeing you on Atkins, helped me want to join!! Atkins has gotten me back to where I belong, 55 lbs lighter and no more type two diabetes!! (25 lbs to go) May your Day be very special and full of wonderful surprises as much as you are!!! Love, Barb
October 09, 2013 11:21 AM EST
joeg2246 said:
Hi Sharon I just started for the 2nd time yesterday. I am in it for the long haul this time. It is nice reading your posts and seeing how living this way has helped you. I will keep checking in with you from time to time. Wish Me Luck :-) Joe
October 10, 2013 10:55 AM EST
garrettv said:
Hi Sharon, Still struggling with weight loss but Atkins is the only way of eating that seems produce weight loss. Thought this might be a good place to suggest Akins take Carraggenan out of their shakes. I don't mind shaking mine! Love Atkins but not all the extra things in the shakes. Maybe you can encourage them if you agree. Also hope everyone signs the FDA petition to have it banned too. http://www.cornucopia.org/carrageenanfda/ Vicki P.S. You look fantastic............one day me too!
October 12, 2013 02:21 PM EST
birdietweet said:
Hi Sharon, In January I'll have been living Atkins for 2 years. I lost 20 the first 7 months and then the weight loss just stopped. It takes perfect diligence and lots of exercise to get any more off. I'm 53 and in January considered in menopause. I'm a bit frustrated at how hard it is to lose any more lbs. I'd like to take off at least 15 more. From years of exercise I'm actually smaller at this weight than I would have been, and that makes me happy. My A1c is about 6 and I'd like it lower. Otherwise, I feel better than I have in years. This WOE is forever.
October 15, 2013 11:06 AM EST
thom1916 said:
i'm on Day 3 of phase one, I just had my daughter and want to loose the baby weight and be healthy for her! I must say avoiding that temptation is hard BUT I know my goals of wanting to be fit , and to perform in the music business like i want to you need to have stamina. My daughter needs me around and able to play!
October 21, 2013 04:48 PM EST
ladyhawke2557 said:
My Husband and I started on Atkins after our grand baby was put on the plan for his myoclonic seizures. Since he and his parents live with us I thought what better way for us to lose and help our 21 month old grandson stay on his. To date since we al started 9/24/13 I have lost 19 lbs (havent measured myself) and my husband has lost 12. Grandbaby has lost 3 and we need to add more fats to his plan as he is not supposed to lose any weight. He is tiny like his daddy anyway. We find all kind of ways to make our meals so that they are not boring and we add the shakes and the bars as well. Medicines that are made for the seizures are not geared for a toddler his age and only seemed to make his seizures worse. But since beuinbg on the Atkins plan he he is doing much better, his seizures have lessened and he as we are much happier. Hubby and I have some more to lose but after the slow start of weight loss subsided we are on our way. ATKINS FOR LIFE.
October 22, 2013 03:42 PM EST
cwegher said:
Just completed my first week and I feel great. It's been nice reintroducing myself to my kitchen. My husband and I typically go out to eat every night and on the weekends for breakfast and dinner. I'd like to say I made good choices when dining out but I did not. I have battled weight all my life and am determined to make it work for me. I want to see all my grandchildren graduate and start their own families. Next step is to incorporate exercise into this journey.
November 10, 2013 01:48 PM EST
dmilam said:
Hello Sharon, so glad to be back on Atkins full time! It is truly a WOL. I first found Atkins in 2004 and lost 65 pound in 6 months. I easily lived with, and loved my new WOL for 5 years. Until my mom passed, and I struggled with stress eating and comfort eating and of course sugar addiction. Yo yo, and gained 35 pounds. It is more slow going this second time around, but it is the most satisfying and rewarding way of living I have ever tried, and I am thrilled to be within 5 pounds of my goal again. It is so nice to have my clothes fit and be comfortable. Thank you for your candid openness!
November 17, 2013 11:18 PM EST
upward said:
Sharon, I am so proud of you... loosing your weight, staying with Atkins for a year, being the Atkins spokesperson. Way to go Sharon!! Keep it up! *smiles*
November 24, 2013 05:17 PM EST
patmac614 said:
Hi Sharon, awesome job!!! You look SUPER!!! I decided to choose ATKINS again for the simple fact is, that I know it works. I lost 55 pounds in 2009, as time went on, I gradually put some carbs back into my daily plan. Eventually I had gained back 30 of the 55 pounds I lost. Today is January 22, 2014 and it is my 4th day back on ATKINS. It is a little stressful but I know I can do it. My goal is to lose 40 pounds. And then if I am happy with the way I look after that, then fine. If not I will continue to lose until I am happy with my self, and the way I look and feel. Thank you so much, you are surely an inspiration. 2014 is going to be a great year!!!!!!!!!!!
January 22, 2014 10:59 AM EST
140goal said:
Just started January 14. I have 25-35lbs to loose depending on how I look after I've lost 25. I have tried Atkins before and every time I would only loose 5lbs and gave up. This time I am sticking to it until I reach my deal weight. I hope to be posting my success story this time next year.
January 26, 2014 01:05 AM EST
lostson63@hotmail.com said:
I just looked all your pictures and cannnot believe the dramatic change in you. I am a cancer survivor and a lot of this 56# was the results from chemo and all the meds that was needed. I am now cancer free but this weight is just too much for my 5'4" frame. I was 155 before this happend and now I am 211. I fully believe if you can do it, with all you have to do on a daily basis is, I can also. Your inspiration is just what the doctor ordered for me. I have just begun this journey of my life and the year 2014 is mine to shine.
January 27, 2014 10:02 AM EST
MarrieC said:
Thank You ,Thank You .You a such a are inspiration! I hit my 10 lbs. gone mark today. feel so much more energy and loving this Atkins diet.
January 31, 2014 09:54 AM EST