<January 2013>
20212223242526

Happy New Year!
I hope your New Year is off to a fabulous start! This year I’ve made a resolution to try to make an effort to be on time, but I’ve already broken it! How about you? I want to hear your resolutions…we’re one week in to 2013 and I want to know who’s still going strong! It’s hard, but try to remember that anything worth having takes hard work.

If Atkins is part of your New Year’s resolution, I can’t tell you enough - please stick with it! It works. If you started last week and have fallen off the wagon, don’t even think about it, get right back on, right now! I don’t want to hear anyone say they’ll get back on track on Monday. Not that old chestnut. It takes work to change your habits, but you will be so glad you did.

The first 3 weeks were hard for me because I’ve got such a sweet tooth. After every meal, I used to crave something sweet. That little voice in my head would tell me, “go on, just have one,” a cookie or a chocolate or whatever it was…but it was never just one. And when I started Atkins I would have that same feeling after a meal, but I got rid of all the junk in the house, and taught myself to have half an Atkins bar instead. Over time, that craving for sweets started fading, and now I don’t get it after meals at all.

I know I’ve said this before, but I want to say it again – if I can do it, anyone can do it. I never thought I would be a spokesperson for any kind of weight loss product because I was always a failure. I wasn’t able to succeed with anything until Atkins.

I want to see you succeed too. Tell me how it’s going. What are you struggling with? What have you achieved?

All My Love And Support,

Sharon.

Published Tuesday, January 08, 2013 05:06 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Weight Loss, Cravings / Problem foods, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
I can't be the only one with a sweet tooth, am I?
January 08, 2013 05:10 PM EST
ChrisMitch said:
I don't still have sweet cravings so much as I did early on (yes I had exactly what you described). But I do find that I occasionally would like to have something sweet. I think that's one of the great things about this community and other low carb forums in general. There are so many GREAT ideas out there. I love "cheesecake pudding" made with stevia. I also made a low carb pumpkin pie with pecan crust for the holidays that was actually the preferred pie on the table. I hate to see anyone give up on this lifestyle because they think they can't enjoy delicious foods and yes even sweets sometimes! That said, I think it was important for me to break the "sweet cycle" early on and I'm not sure if I could have gotten rid of the cravings if I had eaten a lot of artificially sweetened stuff those first couple of months so I generally stayed away from them until I felt like I was in complete control. Thanks as always for your inspiration and example!
January 08, 2013 05:16 PM EST
Stop it! When I do have something sweet, I go for the cheesecake recipe out of the Atkins recipe book! Where did you find Cheesecake pudding?
January 08, 2013 05:25 PM EST
Dochka said:
I hate to say it Sharon but it doesn't work for everyone. I've been on Introduction since the beginning of December and i lost only 5 pounds which is nothing-probably water. I haven't give up yet but It's obviously not working for me.
January 08, 2013 05:34 PM EST
nycsuziq said:
I've lost 38 pounds in 38 weeks doing this low carb diet. And I'm so happy about it. I've stopped since the holidays but I'm not beating myself up. I'm back on track! I also have a sweet tooth. I buy low carb ice cream sweetened with Splenda. It's so good. And if I need a chocolate fix, the Atkins Caramel Nut Chew Bar is like a healthier version of a snickers bar. I hope everyone the best in this weight loss journey!
January 08, 2013 05:57 PM EST
ChrisMitch said:
Sharon, I found it on Linda's low carb. Here is a link: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheesecake_pudding.html I think their carb counts may be a little off though. Or it might just be that I use much less sweetner than that (I add it last and I add it to taste and it's roughly about half of what the recipe calls for. I also use stevia instead of splenda. Dochka - while it's true that we are all different with different body chemistry, in my (very limited) experience I've found that the people who are finding it doesn't work for them are often getting hidden carbs somewhere or are actually not eating enough protein and fat. If your body feels deprived of nutrients, it's going to hang on to what it's got. Have you read the Atkins book or at least all of the Phase 1 information and learning Atkins on this site? Not saying you haven't, but I've seen a lot of people state this isn't working for them only to find out that they have very little understanding of the program and how/why it works. If I can be of any help or encouragement, feel free to inbox me. I'm not a nutritionist or an expert. But I've been doing Atkins for 15 months and lost 150 pounds and I've had a lot of ups and downs and would be happy to take a look at what you are eating and tell you if there are any hidden traps that jump out at me. Please let me know if I can help or support you in anyway. This has been so life changing for me that I hate to see anyone struggle with it. I truly enjoy this way of life and would love for everyone to feel success whether it's on this plan or something different that works for them.
January 08, 2013 06:01 PM EST
Dochka, have you been counting your carbs? Did you get the starter kit with all the specifics? I feel your frustration
January 08, 2013 06:13 PM EST
Nycsuziq, good, you're back on track and that's what's important. I love the coconut chocolate bar!
January 08, 2013 06:14 PM EST
ChrisMitch - you are FABULOUS!! Thank you
January 08, 2013 06:15 PM EST
ernirn said:
I have a mouth full of sweet teeth! I could easily forsake all forms of food and consume only ice cream! I lost 50 pounds on Atkins several years ago and have not gained it back, but I "fell off" the wagon and have not lost any more weight. When I first started, I bought a shorts outfit in a much smaller size than I was able to wear. I can now wear that outfit, but I am not comfortable in it. This year, I have made the resolution to learn portion control and fully commit to this lifestyle. For the month of January, I am eating only the pre-packaged Atkins products (largely due to the availability of the frozen meals!) so that my brain and my body learn to recognize the look and feel of a serving. I am consuming 3 meals and 2 snacks daily, including bars and shakes. I am not prohibiting myself from additional snacks if I am hungry, but so far I have not had feelings of deprivation. In the past 6 days, I have lost 11.5 pounds. I am already less fatigued. My other resolution is to become toned. I have joined a gym with the focus on increasing my flexibility and stamina. It is fabulous to have you in this community Sharon! Thanks for your encouraging words. Erni
January 08, 2013 06:24 PM EST
Debora, I'm so glad you commented. I felt the exact same way - sick and tired of being sick and tired. Congratulations on your little one, I am a new grandma to an 8 month old, so I know what you mean. What do you find yourself struggling most with? There really are so many great resources and brilliant people on this site, I've never seen anything like it! I struggled with my sweet tooth at first, but you've got to push through it. Keep thinking about your little one and your health. I promise you will be rewarded for your hard work and it will be so worth it.
January 08, 2013 06:25 PM EST
sprunty said:
Today is my first day on the atkins diet and I already have a headache. But I am so use to drinking soda and juice all day. I already drank 64 ounces of water today. Atkins and P90x was my New Year's resolution. I started P90x a week ago. I am excited about Atkins I just hope I can stick to it because Oreos are my favorite and I eat them every night.
January 08, 2013 06:45 PM EST
Dochka said:
Sharon, I've been counting the carbs and I got the starter kit and read the book. :( I'm not giving up...
January 08, 2013 06:50 PM EST
sprunty said:
What is a good multivitamin to start taking while on Atkins?
January 08, 2013 07:14 PM EST
sheatee said:
@dcromer2......one of the great things about this diet is the "being full" feeling!! You shouldn't miss out on that. Most of the time when people don't feel full, they need to add some fat into their diet. If you don't feel full, you might want to take a look at what you are eating and tweek it a bit. Add some butter to your vegetables. Mash some cauliflower with cream cheese for richness. Have you read the diet revolution book? It has alot of good info that may help you feel full!
January 08, 2013 07:43 PM EST
sheatee said:
@sprunty.....there is a multivitamin for low carbers on vitacost.com. Atkins used to sell their own multivitamins, which are now off the market. I have compared the formula for the vitacost one to the one Atkins used to sell and it is almost identical.
January 08, 2013 07:46 PM EST
pdandy5 said:
One thing that I know will help anyone that is frustrated and haven't seen much weight loss is to first, don't get discouraged. You have to figure out what is missing. Try more exercise, make sure you are eating enough by keeping a journal, and/or you stay within your carb allotment. My sister is frustrated and I know for her, she isn't putting any exercise in so she won't see results near as fast. I had stalled early on and that is because I wasn't consuming enough calories or carbs to activate my metabolism right or keep my blood sugar regulated. I started a journal and my life changed. I documented my food and exercise and found where I was messing up. I have been hard core Atkins lifestyle since June 2012 and went from 167 to 116 today. It certainly works living this lifestyle. Now, I see this as my lifelong way of life because I mentally accepted this as my normal way of eating. Loving the new me. Good luck everyone. You can do this too. Don't ever give up on you. You are the key to success.
January 08, 2013 07:54 PM EST
ready4change81 said:
I have been on the Atkins plan for a week now and I honestly can say I am LOVING IT. I too have a sweet tooth but I have lost 7lbs thus far, Im exercising, and really feeling great!!! Im so glad the Atkins community has such a great support team. Thanks Sharon for being part of that! As I am thankful for being part of the community now.
January 08, 2013 11:38 PM EST
trinasuccess said:
I am on my 5th day. I am doing AWESOME! I have lost 9lbs. I had lost 60 lbs on a low carb plan but I have put on about 20lbs since then. I admit, I never followed a plan like Atkins, I decided to give it a try. I have 50lbs to lose... WAIT, I only have 41lbs to lose! WOO HOO! My goal is May 10th. Do you think think that is reasonable? My husband is graduating from college at 48 years old... If he can go back to college, I can lose 50 flippin lbs. :) So far so good!!!
January 09, 2013 12:05 AM EST
cowgirl04 said:
I am within 4 lbs of my first set goal of 50#s lost. I started in May and have lost slowly but steady at a1 ot 2 lbs per week. I feel great. My new year resolution is to get control of some other areas of my life like I have this because if I can do it here I can do it in other areas also. Good luck and God bless you and your family on your journey!
January 09, 2013 06:23 AM EST
carolyn2020 said:
First off this is another go at Atkins. In the past it has always worked but this time it's different. I'm a 2 yr. breast cancer survivor,67yrs. old and into exercise. The problem is my meds. <arimadex> causes weight gain. This is an up hill battle. But I'm up for the fight. I look in the mirror and don't know me any more. Any one else in this situation? Just trying to get healthy. Thanks
January 09, 2013 09:17 AM EST
kimkswan said:
Sharon I watch your show everyday, LOVE IT! I do truely miss you when your not on. I decided to try the Atkins diet when I seen how much you have lost. I have been struggling ever since my Hysterectomy 10 years ago. I started 1/7/13 and it is 1/9/13 and I have already lost 3.4 lbs. I am excited but I don't want to get too excited because the last diet I was on I only lost 10 lbs and was at a standstill for a month so I gave up. I pray I can stick to this one!!!
January 09, 2013 10:52 AM EST
KitcatclaZ said:
Hello Sharon! wow I have watched you for years. I am excited your in here wow. I have just started like TODAY. I plan on being very committed. Happy New Year to you hun. First day of the rest of my life, and all will be great in LaLa Land, and then I can nibble a lollipop finally :D God Bless Luv
January 09, 2013 02:56 PM EST
Kady W. said:
I am so excited to see that Sharon Osbourne is supporting Atkins! I have been in love with her for years. She is just too sweet and cute! As she stated above, "I never thought I would be a spokesperson for any kind of weight loss product because I was always a failure. I wasn’t able to succeed with anything until Atkins."- It is hard for me to look at Sharon as any sort of failure, but I can completely relate as far as Atkins being the best thing out there. At least for me it was. I tried a million different fad diets before I came to Atkins and I wasted SO much time. Personally, I have used this lifestyle to lose 100 pounds. Recently I did "relapse" back into my old habits for a little bit there, but here I am again to get back into the Atkins way of life! I know it works, and I know anyone can do it if they are willing to change they way they think about eating. For me, the hardest part has always been my sweet tooth cravings. After time they do become way more tolerable. I love that there are so many substitutes for the things I love. I am grateful for such an amazing and FREE website like Atkins.com!! And for the now, healthy life I have now been belssed with :) Good luck to everyone, especially you Sharon!
January 09, 2013 06:03 PM EST
Boxwife2 said:
I love all the encouraging comments. I've tried so many times to lose weight. I had lap band surgery two years ago and lost 100 pounds, but have gained back 50. My husband is an enabler and I need some ideas on how to break him of that habit. He choses not to say no to me, but that's what I need. I've told him many times, but it doesn't seem to sink in. How do I show him I'm serious? I'm excited about starting the Atkins weight loss program. Fingers crossed!
January 10, 2013 02:43 PM EST
HeatherMHunter said:
Somewhere Sharon wrote how much she loves sausage--now when I eat sausage I think of her! Ha! Being able to have the variety of meats is very helpful for me, and I find when I start to crave carbs, if I eat a little more fat, it goes away. My huge problem craving though is POPCORN. I haven't given in at all (only on day 8)--but someone in my family is always making it and munching away and it gets difficult!
January 10, 2013 09:17 PM EST
robins123 said:
Today is my first day starting Atkins. A little nervous but I know that once I get started it will be okay. Sharon you are an inspiration to all.
January 11, 2013 10:27 AM EST
gungal1 said:
I did the Atkins diet around 2005 and I did great. Lost 50 lbs and along with doing exercise I also lost 50 inches. From a size 16 to a 6-8. smaller than I was in high school and I had just hit 50. I kept my weight off and felt great. Sometimes life throws us a curve though that we have no control over. I had medical problems about 1 yrs and and now it is 3 major surgeries later and unfortunately I have gained it all back. I turn 60 in November and I am determined to lose that weight again by my 60th birthday. I don't like myself this way. I am happy to see that Atkins is becoming more popular again and in the limelight more. It kind of dissappeared for a while making it hard for me to find the few certain foods low carb that they did package. NOW with the new frozen meals, bars and shakes premade it will make my life easier to get back on the diet. I started 2 days ago. It was hard for me the 1st time for about 2 weeks. I got headaches and felt tired... and I expect that again this time. It is like withdrawal from the sugar and other foods I have been eating. Although I have tried to stay somewhat low sugar ... but not enough obviously. Wish me luck. I know I can do it. Like you I spend my life trying many different diets and always ended up failing sooner or later. But THIS worked for me before and CAN work again. I know it is a Lifestyle not a diet. I just got too far off track with my surgeries and sitting around. Now I am starting over again and just need to KEEP my determination UP. After 2 weeks or so of feeling tired and feeling like giving up (like before) I know I will lose weight. And thanks to seeing you in ads and on TV it gave me the extra push I needed to try it again. Thanks Sharon... you reminded me of how I used to look after my 1st weight loss and encouraged me to DO IT AGAIN. Like they say.... JUST DO IT! .... OR even better.... JUST SAY YES TO ATKINS. I will keep you updated on my weight loss and wish I could meet you one day. I think you and I are about the same age?
January 11, 2013 10:01 PM EST
Bailey031285 said:
I am curious can you have the atkins bars and shakes during induction? Are there certain ones made by atkins that you are only allowed too have? Thanks!
January 12, 2013 01:23 AM EST
Ilovepmc said:
Sharon! I am so excited to see your post!! I have been doing so well this time with Atkins! I was on it a few years ago and lost 65 lbs.. and Christmas came and I let myself have a cookie and like you said I just couldn't stop myself... so here I am again... It's been almost two weeks and I can't tell you how great I feel already :) ... The frozen meals have really helped me! Except I have to drive to timbuktu to get them lol! I also really encourage everyone to stick with it because it really does work :)
January 12, 2013 01:59 PM EST
whitsmitz1@aol.com said:
How many bars is safe to eat daily? I have one for lunch and I after supper, just got started 5 days ago, is this ok?
January 12, 2013 04:16 PM EST
debbily said:
I just wanted to say how great it is to have you here supporting all of us! Thank you so much and may you be blessed as you journey on!
January 13, 2013 02:22 PM EST
jodihyatt said:
I returned to the Atkins Low Carb Lifestyle the day after Christmas. The first week was rough...not the cravings or anything, but the weakness, lethargy and plenty of irritability. Since then, it has been pure freedom. I am not hungry, I don't crave much of anything, and I have learned to be creative. I noticed that I was digestively irregular, so, I found a fiber replacement powder that only has 1 net carb, and it has made a HUGE difference. I have lost 10 pounds and am feeling in control for the first time in many years...probably since 2005 when I was successful at Atkins before. Also, I use the vanilla shake as coffee creamer, and allow myself 1 cup of coffee a day with about 2 Tbsp of the shake....Man...it's so good! Instead of buttermilk in one of my favorite salad dresings, I use silk milk, have fallen in love with the walden farms salad dressings too. There really is so much more available now and I am so excited to be back in control. Sharon, I just wanted to say, thank you for all of your insight and excitement. It is so refreshing. I look forward to seeing all the posts and all the success stories.
January 13, 2013 02:44 PM EST
Golf Gal Cheryl said:
Happy New Year all...I am on day 6 & lost 6 lbs so far on this low carb plan. I do try to stay under 10 carbs a day so far. Two "sweet satisfying" tips I do each day is the sugar free jello & my morning coffee with whipping cream, nutmeg & Struvia on it which helps me a lot. Also enjoy broth each day. Thank you Sharon for your tips.
January 13, 2013 07:48 PM EST
jlloyd37 said:
Hi Sharon. I start having panick attacks when I can't eat carbs. Is that normal? I'm sure food is a huge trigger for me and I eat to feel better. I am on my 3rd day and last night I couldnt get enough to eat. Especially at night it is so hard not to eat the foods i was eating before. I had some green beans to curb my appetite but I was so hungry! Any suggestions? You are beautiful btw!
January 14, 2013 11:12 AM EST
dangilleys said:
Hi Sharon, Thanks to you inspiration and promotion of the Atkins plan I decided to give it a try I have tried al sorts of different diets over the years, and nothing has suited my lifestyle. 2 days maybe 3 and the wheels would fall off... Well I am happy to report that I started last week Monday 01/07/2013 and I am still going strong and very motivated. I weighed myself this morning, and after just 1 week I have lost 8 pounds! I am so excited, and cannot wait until next Monday to weigh in again. Thank you for the inspiration, I look forward to reading your blog. Debbie
January 14, 2013 02:14 PM EST
k_hall1784 said:
Hi Sharon! I am late with this reply, but my resolution this year is to reach whatever goal I set for myself. And that starts with losing weight. I am on my 6th day of induction and I am feeling fabulous! I can't lie though, I do get the occasional craving for something sweet but I have managed to steer clear of them (for now) and it's getting easier as the days pass. My 29th birthday is in June and I want to spend the last year of my twenties feeling and looking fabulous!
January 14, 2013 03:55 PM EST
paramedicstat said:
Well, I am new and I am going to hit it head on! Im a paramedic and sadly a lot of us in EMS and health care are not the "healthiest" of folks. I dont smoke or dring, so I have that working in my favor. Also, your beautiful Sharon!!
January 14, 2013 09:03 PM EST
Fluctu-WEIGH-tor said:
Wow Sharon actually writes back! Thats Awesome. Sharon I absolutely love that your a spokes person for Atkins. Its time the fitness society gets over the notion that this diet is "unhealthy" because that is completely false. I am surprised to still hear people today tell me what a horrible unhealthy diet this is when I explain Atkins is my diet of choice. BUT Im going to prove them wrong...again. Ive lost 10lbs and 6 overall inches in 8 days after re-starting Induction and I couldnt be happier.
January 15, 2013 02:43 PM EST
threeturns said:
HiMrs.Osborne,I started Atkins on Monday january the 7th.I weighed that Saturday and had lost 5 pounds,I cant wait to weigh this week and see how Im doing!.I have an incrediable sweet tooth,I love the peanut butter bar with a cup of coffee late afternoon for my snack,its like having a peanut butter cookie!
January 17, 2013 02:44 PM EST
dianeincanada said:
Hi everyone, it's encouraging reading all your comments and hearing about your successes! I'm starting the plan tomorrow and am going to be relying on the group here for advice and support! I've been putting together ideas for meals and have stocked my kitchen to make it easy, but I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions for breakfast? I'm thinking that I might get tired of eggs after a few days and want something different. Thanks!
January 18, 2013 09:47 PM EST
DeedeKay said:
Sharon, I saw an Atkins ad with you in it around the first weekend in January. The first thought I had was, 'If Sharon can do that after all the problems she has had (and you are about my same age), I will do it too. So, I am starting my 3rd week, yes I am still making mistakes and going back and reading what should be on the diet. But I must say, ditching the sugar has cleared my thinking and increased my energy. I have lost 1/2 inch (don't own a scale). You are my inspiration. Thank you for being there.
January 20, 2013 11:00 AM EST
lizalee said:
You guys rock the house. for my sweet tooth, I just save a few carbs a day and drink an atkins shake. it works for me and keeps me straight. i'm over it for the most part now, but it has been a life saver.
January 22, 2013 11:00 AM EST
dianne1620 said:
I started Atkins on January 21 and have lost 5 pounds. This is my 58th birthday resolution to myself - lose half my age in weight. I was so encouraged after watching Sharon (fifty and nifty!) on the Atkins commercial, that I felt that if she can do it, so can I. I too, have a chocolate sweet tooth, am so thankful I am satisfied with just one chocolate peanut butter cookie when that craving hits. After gaining 30 pounds after menopause, I am ready to this life changing event!
January 24, 2013 01:58 PM EST
cass35_1 said:
Sharon, No you are no the only one with a sweet tooth. I too have to have a little something sweet after I eat. I just recently found the Atkins bars and was pleasantly surprised they tasted really good, now they are a staple my lunchbox for work. My question for you, do you exercise?
January 24, 2013 05:15 PM EST
tamikennedy said:
OHHHH! I love homeade chocolate chip cookies! I run a daycare and have been making the kids cookies the last two days, (used up the dough). These are hard times!!! (lol) I do have my moments. I just keep thinking of the ninety-plus pounds I've lost and hang-in there. One moment at a time. I will have some kind of treat, within reason, when I reach my next weight goal, (About three pounds away). This really works for me. I did this last time when I had reached a twenty-pound weight-lost goal last time. I went out for mexican and had rice and beans. It felt good to get back on the program right away without fear of failure. These are planned meals, of course. If I am going to be realistic, I will be doing this from time to time. But, for the majority of the time, I will be eating healthy, and low-carb! Thank you Sharon, for all your support!!!!!
January 24, 2013 05:48 PM EST
debbykaye said:
well i have been doing almost two weeks and no weight loss, i have been doing the bars and shakes no breads no pasta salads and veggies, chicken and fish....................what am i doing wrong
January 24, 2013 10:18 PM EST
LizJ63 said:
I am not an expert by any means...but I have lost 79 pounds by changing the way I eat. Those who are having problems with weight loss - take the time to read about the phases of the program on the website. Even though some of the bars and shakes are OK for phase 1 they should be used for an emergency backup, not for regular meal replacement, especially during induction. I had so much weight to lose that I stayed in induction for almost a year - with no cravings and never ate a bar until then because all of the "old timers" I chatted with said that the bars caused them to stall. The key to this program is learning how to eat the right foods in the right combination that works for your body. Fresh foods - meats, vegetables, cheeses. Nothing processed, in a box, or "low fat" . Concentration in the beginning is not on quantity or portion control so much as eating the right types of foods. Your intake needs to include plenty of fats and proteins and the right number of carbs. If you are feeling tired, drink a cup of broth.
January 25, 2013 08:33 AM EST
sboylan08 said:
I was on this diet many years ago and lost 40lbs. Then unfortunately I went to my old ways and gained it all back. Now my husband and I have started again and the first week I lost 6lbs, the second week 2lbs and this week I gained. I don't understand I even walk at least 30 min a day. I am very frustrated but I will keep at it and just try doubly hard. It is hard not to say screw it and just eat anything but my new motto is If you don't want to start over...don't give up!! So that's what I'm doing :)
January 25, 2013 11:29 AM EST
schmally2012 said:
I just started the Atkins plan today. Buying some of the food seemed so counter-intuitive! One question I have, is about "eating enough". Do I need to count calories? A friend of mine told me to make sure I am eating enough - again, seems counter-intuitive. Eat less lose more is always what we learned about dieting! DO I need to be mindful of calories? Any advise is welcomed!
January 28, 2013 06:48 PM EST
Tawalaj said:
Thank u mrs.osbourne. I saw u on a talk show this past week and u talked.about atkins and I was really interested. I am starting on Monday. Look forward to reading ur blogs and I'm sure u can continue to b an inspiration to me. Thank u
January 31, 2013 06:56 PM EST
linkenmac said:
I'm going to make comment on your New Year Blog and then I'll go back and read more of your story as it seems to push me on knowing you are behind me. Then, I'll read all the comments from other Atkiners. My husband and I have just returned from a four month camping trip. We had a blast and are planning to go again - next time with our grandboys. However, during this trip, we did try to eat healthy, but throw that out the door by the tim we made it to his sister's. We still tried to watch - a little - but so many things got in the way...Charlseton, Savannah, Florida! As it turns out, my blood sugar went waco. My New Year Resolution - to follow Atkins - didn't start until February 1st. So far my blood sugar has returned to a normal range - which is one thing I can always trust Atkins to help me do. I visited my doctor yesterday and he approved Atkins and wants to see me and my progress, next month. Health is my biggest reason for choosing Atkins. I have a lot of weight to lose.
February 06, 2013 11:52 AM EST
Debster7 said:
I'm feeling a bit discouraged about just finishing induction. I did this about four years ago and was one of the fortunate ones that really did loose 15lbs in the first 14days. I was so motivated there was no stopping me. I ended up loosing 72 lbs. in a six month period. I didn't even exercise until 4 months in. I did keep the weight off for 2 years but then turned back to my evil sugar ways. Anyway, I just finished induction and only lost 6 lbs. and nothing since and it's been another week. Do you have any suggestions or advice?
April 26, 2013 08:05 PM EST