<January 2013>
20212223242526

What are your Low-Carb Superbowl Plans?
Hello! I hope you all are having a fabulous week so far! I want hear about it – does anyone have an achievement they want to share? Or is there something you are struggling with that you want to talk about? I just love the way everyone in the Atkins community supports one another and I’m so happy to be a part of it.

I have a moment I’d like to share. Last week we did a segment on “The Talk” with a fitness expert and they had us doing planks. I got into my plank position and Sheryl Underwood turned to me and said, “You’re fit!” and that made me believe it. That made me feel really good.

Speaking of Sheryl and “The Talk,” next week we are going to be in New Orleans for the Superbowl and I can’t wait! It can be hard to keep up with some diets while traveling, which is one of the reasons I love Atkins - it’s liveable! You’re not restricted. You don’t have to stay home or put all your meals in a blender. You can be social, you can go to restaurants, you can live a normal life. And everybody doesn’t have to know that you’re on a diet. I don’t want to say I’m on a diet until I get where I want with it. I can go into any restaurant and find something on the menu that I can eat. I can eat the food provided at the studio.

I’m also excited to use the restaurant finder on the mobile app in New Orleans. It’s always interesting to see what comes up in different cities. Does anyone have any New Orleans recommendations? Let's hear 'em!

All my love and support,

Published Friday, January 25, 2013 06:03 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Induction, Weight Loss, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
Hellooo! Hope your Friday is Fabulous...I've got a few minutes to chat.
January 25, 2013 06:20 PM EST
Greg335 said:
Superbowl menu..... crustless pizza, veggies and dip, chicken wings. No beer though.
January 25, 2013 06:24 PM EST
Golf Gal Cheryl said:
O K Sharon...how do you plan it when you know you may deviate from the program...like Benyaets, haha...or something? I attend Gourmet dinner parties once a month and plan to detour (take small servings, but not on plan, of what is served) and then just get right back on the Atkins plan. it's either that or don't go to the dinner party. Watch you on The Talk most days. Cheryl
January 25, 2013 06:26 PM EST
Greg, I love your man-menu. Perfect for football
January 25, 2013 06:27 PM EST
Hm, that is a good question Cheryl. Don't miss out on the party...ever! Try to make good choices - bigger helpings of the proteins and the veggies and like you said, smaller servings of the other stuff. Then see how it goes, if you are able to still lose weight, you're good to go! And thank you for watching The Talk!
January 25, 2013 06:37 PM EST
littlebearsday said:
Ho Sharon, I am Tammy and I wonder do you have a hard time getting the Aktins dinners? Everytime I go to the store they are sold out in a few min they tell me. The ware house is always out :( I have only been able to get them one time and they help me so much .I run a home daycare and its hard to right like I supose trying to feed 7 kids and leaving to get o ne from school. Time is not my friend most day :)
January 25, 2013 06:40 PM EST
littlebearsday said:
Sorry mean to type Hi not Ho :(
January 25, 2013 06:42 PM EST
HAHA. Don't you dare call me a Ho Tammy! No, just kidding!
January 25, 2013 06:44 PM EST
Golf Gal Cheryl said:
Thanks Sharon...I will just be happy if I don't gain...super happy if I continue to loose. Now down 10 with 20 to go...hah! New Orleans for Super Bowl sounds like a blast...will be watching TT. ; ). Cheryl
January 25, 2013 06:45 PM EST
Tammy, bless you for taking care of 7 children. My goodness, I would go mad. Have you seen the part of the website where you can search for meals? Let me know if that helps.
January 25, 2013 06:45 PM EST
CarolAlley said:
Hi, In New Orleans you MUST EAT at "Mother's Restaurant"... Hands down! Been there for ever!
January 25, 2013 06:47 PM EST
littlebearsday said:
Okay I will go look now. I woudl never call you a ho :) I think your a wonderful person !
January 25, 2013 06:47 PM EST
lindaleejohnson@msn.com said:
I just saw you on the GMA, (recorded it) you look fabulous. I'm really struggling on atkins, I initially lost 7 lbs and I cannot get down any lower. A few days I have not eaten any carbs and I'm still not losing. I'm so frustrated. I've tried eating less protien, I've tried eating more protien, I've tried adding more fat, less fat etc. Nothing makes it budge. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I'm into about my 2nd month on it, I have absolutely no cravings, and I don't think I'm over eating...but I don't know. I need help!
January 25, 2013 06:51 PM EST
Carol, will I be able to find good things there to eat? Thank you for the New Orleans suggestion!
January 25, 2013 07:09 PM EST
Hmm Linda Lee, something sounds off. What are you eating? Have you tried the carb counter or any of the recipes on the website?
January 25, 2013 07:10 PM EST
ChrisMitch said:
jalapeno poppers are perfect super bowl food! jalapenos, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon. so. so. good.
then there's always pork rind nachos for those brave enough to venture there!
January 25, 2013 07:22 PM EST
septemberbab said:
Hi Sharon, Saw you on the news tonight and you really got me motivated. Will go shoping tomorrow. CANT wait to get started. :)
January 25, 2013 07:29 PM EST
cindyann59 said:
Hi everyone I am Cindy. Tammy, I've only been able to find the Atkins frozen meals at Walmart, and by the time I get there after I leave work there is only a few left. They actually taste very good.

Linda Lee, you might try the carb counter as Sharon suggested. I am in my first week of Induction and it has really been a big help to me.

Sharon I watch your show when I am working from home on Fridays. You are looking good. I have such a long way to go. I've been on a lot of diets, and I feel that Atkins will be good for me.
January 25, 2013 07:41 PM EST
stamper66559 said:
Sharon, since I have been watching you on "The Talk," you have really impressed me. I love your sense of humor and your comments on all subjects. You are a very interesting person.

I had been on the Atkins years ago and had success and then health issues and "life" got in the way. I now have about 70 lbs. to lose. Watching your success has been one of the reasons I decided to try to lose once again.

I have back issues, sleep apnea, fibromyalgia and a few other health problems, but the ones I have listed cause me to be very tired. At this time I am limited in what I can do physically. I had to finally give up work, but I am a very happy person and try to pace myself and do what I can do. I live for my grandchildren and I want to give losing weight one more try so I can live life longer and have a fuller life.

This is my first week of induction and have lost over 7 pounds so far. I realize this is mostly water weight at this time but hopefully I can continue to lose. When I saw you had a blog on here, I just wanted to connect. Thanks for listening.
January 26, 2013 01:39 AM EST
sueq70 said:
Hi Sharon, I love watching you on 'The Talk" when time permits. I am starting week 4 of induction this Monday. I have had struggels like Linda Lee.. the first week the scale went down by 7 lbs, the second week the weight came back. I had to look at my carb/ calorie intake. I was not eating the right amount of calories for my body. well needless to say, I got motivated and really focused, now ending week 3 and got rid of those pesky pounds I gained in week 2. So I think for some of us we need to play around with the right combination of carbs/ calories and most important the exercise... Thanks Sharon for being here for all of us!!!!! P.S. Have a fun trip....
January 26, 2013 11:01 AM EST
Illie9 said:
I need some direction. Reaching out for a continuous carb binge that I cannot stay away from....any suggestions?
January 26, 2013 12:17 PM EST
bubbie317 said:
Hi Sharon,
You look wonderful darling!! Unfortunately there aren't many Atkins friendly restaurants in the city with the greatest food in the world. However I'm sure some of our local chefs would be more than happy to adapt their recipes to fit your needs.
I live on the Northshore, we have a restaurant here called Coffee Rani. They have the BEST Atkins menu ever! Positively delicious dishes and all Atkins friendly. If you're ever in the neighborhood you must check it out!

Love you, Love you!!

Pamela
January 26, 2013 08:30 PM EST
bubbie317 said:
Superbowl Menu:

Hot chicken thighs (like hot wings but with thighs) I make my own wing sauce but if I don't have time I use HOOTER'S sauce, it has 1gm carbs /oz.
Bleu Cheese dressing
Celery sticks

January 26, 2013 08:48 PM EST
Lanore said:
If you can't order online ask for a rain check from your grocer. Mrs. O it's nice to see someone famous who you like doing the Atkins diet, it has given me more interest in sticking to it. 13 lbs in 15 days, the shakes are my fav.
January 26, 2013 09:57 PM EST
LORIJ00 said:
I'm suppose to eat low carb during the superbowl too?!!! lol. a mini veggie platter with cream cheese, a deli meat and cheese platter, with lettuce and mayo to make rollups. home made whipped cream (stevia added) with a tsp of sugar free jam (yummy) mixed in. I wish I could have something more crunchy than uncooked veggies. Salsa and chips would be amazing right now! lol I am however also going to steam some of my veggies and pour melted cheese over them and sprinkle with some bacon and finely chopped red peppers. No I am not going to eat all that cheese. Everyone loves cheese. smoked gouda my fav, Thanks Sharon for being a part of the Atkins community. I didn't even know you were here before now!
January 27, 2013 01:10 PM EST
cali24kobe said:
HELLO MISS SHARON IM ANGELA AND IN NEED OF SOME HEALTHY SNACKS FOR MY SUPERBOWL PARTY DO YOU HAVE JUST A FEW IDEAS AND I WATCH YOU ON TV EVERY CHANCE I GET DIVA
January 27, 2013 01:25 PM EST
csm0514 said:
Two places you must eat! Galatoire's. Fridays at 11:30. Plan to stay several hours. You will see the who's who is NOLA. Men in white suites ladies in hats! Best wine and food! The next is Antoine's. the owner is Rick the food fab! Enjoy. Thai is my first day of Adkins. I have health issues and cannot exercise so I pray this works for me! Enjoy
January 28, 2013 12:03 PM EST
traysam said:
ACME Oyster House on Iberville. : )
January 28, 2013 01:52 PM EST
Darwind5 said:
Thanks, Sharon!
I'm one of your biggest fans! (Loved you as a judge on America's got Talent.)
I'm 52 yrs old going through menopause so my metabolism did slow down a bit.
Luckily I have always exercised via dance, yoga, weights etc.
I started Atkins 2 weeks a go and lost 7 lbs.
What I realized is the Simplex Carbs was quickly adding the weight to me and now that they are mostly cut out of my diet it is easy to slim down. :)
Have a great time in New Orleans! I love the french quarter there!
January 28, 2013 03:23 PM EST
lindaleejohnson@msn.com said:
Hi Sharon, Lindalee here, I'm going to start tracking exactly what I eat. So far today, 2:00p I've had 742 calories, 5 carbs, 55 grams of fat, and 30 grams of protein. Breakfast, I had two cups coffee each with tbsp. of heavy cream, two eggs cooked in butter, sauteed mushrooms, lunch= 1 cup mixed lettuce, one medium tomato, 4 oz of ground turkey, and a TBS of oilve oil. tonight I'll eay some lean protein and a veggie. This is pretty much how I have been eating. NO processed foods, no breads, no legumes no dairy other than butter and cream. No chococlate!!! Helppp. (-;
January 28, 2013 04:17 PM EST
shsharp said:
Hey so glad to have another woman of a certain age to blog with on Atkins. My first day today - worked out; ate right; Just went through the Medifast thing and lost then gained it back over the holidays - just too restrictive for someone who travels and is a lobbyist for kids from birth to five with disabilities in WY. Lots of miles and lots of passion to advocate; so have to make a special effort to exercise. I love my work but lots of meals out. Will be looking for encouragement on this blog. Glad you are here - I haven't used online before to journal my weight loss. cheers!
January 28, 2013 09:50 PM EST
squigman said:
I just reached 10 pounds down today! Hurray!! I am so thrilled!! My Husband is down 20 and tho he is staying in Phase I to drop at least 10 more, I am moving into Phase III.

The hardest thing for my Husband will be SuperBowl parties as he is a huge Football Fan. He has done so very very well so far but loves his marinara sauce... would meatballs be a no-no if we add some marinara? It would be a treat for sure after all the hard work.

Other than that, it will be boneless wings, sausage stuffed banana peppers with parmesan, shell-less tacos (wrapped in lettuce), avocado, tomato and mozarella salad, and chilled shrimp with lemon
January 29, 2013 09:18 AM EST
angelkps said:
Similar story to Darwind5, 50 yrs old, in menopause and stopped smoking a year ago, yeah! However, gained 12 lbs. this past year and I had been the same weight for years. Trying to jump start my system and I know Atkins has worked for so many of my friends and family. First week, lost 3 lbs and that's how I want to do it slowly but the last 3 days stuck and not losing anything. I am followig the plan to a "T" averaging about 23 net carbs a day and getting about 14 from veggies. I don't want to give up but I need motivation to keep going. HELP!
January 29, 2013 06:09 PM EST
darlenecarrega said:
Sharon, I just want to let you know that I have total respect for you and I want to let you know that you are the reason that I am teaming up with my husband to begin the Atkins program this week. Since my husband is aware of who you and Ozzie are and likes you a lot, he trusts what you are telling us. I will soon be 61 and want to not only Wow myself and others with a new style. I really need to be more fit, and feel better in general. We would like to stay ahead of any more health challenges, and gain more energy. It will start with you, and Atkins, and I'm so grateful that because of who you are, my husband is on board with me. Yay! Thank you!
January 29, 2013 08:55 PM EST
gparente said:
I second Acme Oyster House! I actually visited the one located in the French Quarter. Their chargrilled oysters were delicious! There's usually a line to get in but I'm sure they'd clear it out for you :-) Have an amazing time!
January 30, 2013 01:22 PM EST
dmsedlier said:
I did Atkins 10 years ago (when I was 33) and lost 68 lbs in about 6 months! I went from a size 16 to a 6 and was even interviewed by Atkins for a book they were writing at the time (although never published). I maintained the Atkins lifestyle and continued to keep the weight off and felt great for 5 years! Then...tough life challenges came and I fell off the wagon and have been trying to climb back on ever since but after having a baby two years ago (joining my 3 other boys) all I have gotten on is more weight :(. I am back up to where I was when I started 10 years ago. I've done induction multiple times in the past two years but never lost more than 3-4 lbs then it stalled and I stopped loosing even though I followed the plan. So...here I am today...starting again and re-committing myself. I really want to have my energy back to enjoy my sons and amazing husband. I am hoping the support of the Atkins community can help keep me on track. Sharon, you are an inspiration and I love reading your blog.
January 31, 2013 04:20 PM EST
stamper66559 said:
I am following the diet closely, using the shakes sometimes for breakfast, the bars once in a while for a meal or a snack and a few of the frozen meals. For my other meals I am eating a large chef salad with chicken or a homemade meal of protein and veggies. I have been very happy with my results so far. I have lost 10.5 lbs in 8 days!! I am drinking diet green tea, water and still some diet drinks. I know this is a very good loss for the first few days and do not expect to continue losing at this rate, but it has really given me a boost of confidense that I can accomplish this endevour. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. I really need to do this for so many reasons. I have an in-law that is the final stages of cancer, and my father just had heart surgery, so it could have been very easy to give up, but I haven't so far. I really have to do this though.
January 31, 2013 05:45 PM EST
Angela, here are some Superbowl snack suggestions: http://on.fb.me/VBS1qd I'm going with the mini hot dogs, but just piggies, no blankets!
February 01, 2013 06:21 PM EST
aleesha007 said:
I started the Atkins plan yesterday and have already lost three pounds. This is highly motivating for me. I am also doing Jillian Michael's shred it with Weights exercise DVD and really like it. I am still drinking coffee. I drink a of water and some of the Atkins shakes and I eat the Atkins bars. I am close adhering to the induction plan.
February 02, 2013 06:16 AM EST
twatson37 said:
CAN YOU REALLY LOOSE WEIGHT JUST EATING THE ATKINS MEALS ONLY.
February 02, 2013 01:32 PM EST
jodihyatt said:
Superbowl party foods at my house:
Shrimp cocktail (walden farms calorie/carb free seafood sauce)
buffalo wings with ranch dressing
jalepenos stuffed with cream cheese, sausage, cheddar cheese wrapped in bacon
devilled eggs
buffalo chicken dip with celery sticks
I can't wait...no one will even know it is a carb friendly menu!
February 02, 2013 03:05 PM EST
Ronnilin said:
Hi all. I tried Atkins way back in the 90's but life has gotten in the way. Now I am back and hoping to stay till my goal weight. I have over 50 pounds to lose. I was thrilled to see you as a spokesperson/blogger Sharon and am looking forward to reading all you have to say. Induction starts TODAY!! Wish me luck.
February 03, 2013 11:26 AM EST
path75 said:
Hi Sharon. I have been on the Atkins plan for two weeks now. I feel the best I have in a long time. Even on my low calorie low fat diet I never felt this good. I hope you are able to stay on the plan and are doing good. Congrats on your new healthy you. Patti
February 03, 2013 10:17 PM EST
phshaner said:
Back on Atkins after trying everything else over the last twenty years. Just ended my first week of induction....down 4 lbs...YEA! Best of all feeling so much better.....excited for week two! Also, am happy for all the support groups located on this website. Makes the program so much easier! Have a great week!
February 04, 2013 10:24 AM EST
LORIJ00 said:
twatson you sure can. I eat them because I don't have a lot of time to cook lately so they really help me. I've lost 11 pounds so far and I am in my second week of induction. All I ate was atkins meals for breakfast lunch and dinner most days. I do change my lunch to salads with some protein or if I go out to dinner I have something grilled with broccoli since it is my favorite veggie. But the meals are so good all of them! I wish they would come out with some different ones now. But for all those who can't find them, I find them all the time where I live. I think I must be the only person doing atkins. They are in our local grocery store all the time!
February 04, 2013 11:54 PM EST
drsuzy555 said:
Well, I m going to Wallmart today to check out these meals!!!
February 08, 2013 10:25 AM EST
debradawn10 said:
Love you Sharon.. The new frozen meals are really good if you can get them. I traveled an hour to get them at a walmart superstore... they were out of a lot but what they had I then wiped them out, spent about 200 bucks, but they lasted a few weeks... I have since call Shop Rites under the Wakefern co. ask to speak with the frozen food manager to see if they are coming in. There is one I found 20 mins away that said by end of Jan. so I gave it another week so going today. Ms O since you are a spokeswoman for the co, they put the commercials up but didnt stock the stores, Please tell them there are many people who want and need these frozen meals to help keep them on track... get the product to the stores! thank you Ms O ... Deb
February 10, 2013 06:13 AM EST
rjmbcc said:
Where can I get or make Kale chips?
February 12, 2013 05:26 PM EST
Southward bound said:
Sharon you look fabulous! I have watched you on so many shows and love your hair! Question, does Kelly follow the Atkins lifestyle as well? She has really maintained her weight loss over the years and looks great. I was just wondering.
February 15, 2013 04:12 PM EST