<September 2012>
16171819202122

Dropped Dress Sizes!
Last week I found the most fabulous Monique Lhuillier dress. I normally wear a size 12, so when they sent a size 6 we thought we would have to make all sorts of alterations to make it fit. I couldn't believe it (and neither could my stylist), but when I put on the dress, I was able to zip it up just fine! What a great feeling.

What's even better is that I'm seeing these results and I'm not depriving myself. I especially like Atkins coconut chocolate bars, peanut butter cups, and the caramel double chocolate crunch bars. I'll eat half a bar for dessert after lunch, and save the other half for after dinner. Or if I have a really busy day and don't have time to sit down to eat, I just grab a bar to eat on the go.

How about you? Which foods do you like best? I've been reading the comments on my previous post, and I have to say...you all are wonderful! I really appreciate your support and positivity, it's so encouraging. Thank you! And keep me updated on your progress!

All my love and support,
Published Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:09 AM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Induction, Weight Loss, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
ktbwm said:
WOW! That is wonderful! Dropping down to a size 6...I would have been walking on air! Your off to a fantastic start! Your really a great motivator and inspration to us all ! I love the hazelnut bars and the cranberry nut bars..they satisfy that crunchy craving. But,I have to watch how many I eat because they sometimes stall me. They don't affect everyone the same way though..lol. Keep up the great work! But, then you've always looked gorgeous anyway! TC!

Kat
September 26, 2012 12:47 PM EST
kelley2218 said:
Size 6 way to go Sharon, that just shows that Atkins does work. Keep up the great work. I have to say that my favorite would be the Chocolate Mouse bar.
September 26, 2012 01:51 PM EST
dwilliams4560 said:
3 dress sizes! Wow that is fantastic.
September 26, 2012 02:02 PM EST
CRodriguez0013 said:
Congratulations!!!!!! That is so awesome!!! I find this "life style" to be so great... It is so easy to get discouraged when on a diet that deprives you of almost everything, but on Atkins not only you're eating healthy, but you're also eating great food with so many great recipes. I loooove the cheese n' chili chops. I also go crazy for the vanilla shake & the chocolate chip granola bar... =)
September 26, 2012 04:42 PM EST
lisabe said:
I like all of the bars, but I only eat 1/4 of one at a time. I find that if I eat more than that I stop enjoying it. I also love to make my own version of alfredo sauce and serve it over steamed broccoli and grilled chicken. My most favorite low carb dinner!
September 26, 2012 05:27 PM EST
POF said:
Congradulations... Love my salad bowls... any protien ex: salmon, chicken, with shaved of broccoli pieces(raw for crunch) fresh dill, celery,mayo, 3 boiled eggs, cayanne pepper and plum tomatoes.. I call it my power meal and I also eat this for breakfast at times( when I do i have some bacon in it) yummy
September 26, 2012 07:33 PM EST
shevysd said:
That's incredible. I can't wait to start wearing some of the nicer things in my closet instead of these things I've been making do with. I miss my cowboy boots and jeans! I bet it felt incredible to slip into that dress! Did you jump up and down?!?!??
September 27, 2012 11:11 AM EST
Ethylmermaid said:
I've been doing Atkins for a week and a half but haven't lost an ounce. I chalk it down to my diabetes meds and going through chemotherapy last year, which totally changed my body, so I'm not discouraged. I know that one of these weeks I'm giong to step on the scale and, WOW, though I won't be a size 6 for much time to come, I will at least see that little bleeping needle hit some lower numbers. Congradtulations on your size 6 surprise. I bet that feels wonderful...and it should! But, really, Sharon, I see you on AGT and I always tell my husband how pretty I think you look in your lovely gowns and that flashing hair (we have almost the same color) and the great makeup. Good luck!
September 27, 2012 07:18 PM EST
MSDEBI55 said:
I have been on Atkins, this will be day 4 for me an I have lost a lb a day. I would like to know how long does it take your body to go into ketosis. I am also on diabetic medication. Does that affect the way the diet works?

I love you Sharon. I have been a fan since your reality show. I admire your down to earth attitude. You re the rock of your family and I can see there is much love by everyone. I keep Jack in my prayers and know he will do fine. i know you must be very proud of how all your children have turned out.
September 28, 2012 01:22 PM EST
-Sue said:
OMG, Sharon! a size 6 from a size 12!!!! Please post a picture of you in that dress when you wear it! Very cool - congrats!

Fav product for me is the plain, old vanilla shake. I have a Hamilton Beach milk shake mixer (the old fashioned kind with the bit metal cup) and I froth it up with that and add a tbls of heavy cream to give it an extra kick.
September 28, 2012 01:45 PM EST
leane said:
Hello, just found this radio program perfect for Atkins followers.It really helps to keep me inspired. Livin La Vida Low carb. Check it out.
September 28, 2012 05:20 PM EST
R3M1ll1gAn said:
I am totally motivated to be in a size 6 again Sharon! Thank you for joining this community and sharing with everyone that is trying to be healthy and get their lives back!!! Keep up the good work and stay focused....see you at the finish line :-)
September 29, 2012 09:59 AM EST
saquick54 said:
Way to go Mrs. O! i've been watching The Talk and you can really notice it on camera. I've been on since April and have a long road ahead but as the weeks go on it seems easier and easier. You are such an inspiration to all of us.
September 29, 2012 11:14 AM EST
moonshadow2447 said:
My goal is a size 6 and I cannot wait to get there like you have done. I love the Atkins bars but they stall me so I only eat them when I don't have time to cook my meals (not very often). I have a lot of energy too and have been doing Atkins since April 2012. One of my favorite recipes on Atkins is the cajun pork chops. I make that with brussel sprouts and love it! Great work on your weight loss. Reading other people who are successful just keeps me motivated and going strong.
September 29, 2012 06:44 PM EST
Lisa kelly said:
This blog is so inspiring. Wow size 6 ! How great is that? I'm shooting for size 7/8. I'll be happy with that. The Atkins shakes and bars have come a long way! Very tasty.
September 29, 2012 07:01 PM EST
kohlbysmom1 said:
That is SO awesome and I am so proud of yoU! I have been working out and watching my calories for ONE year and have not dropped a pant size...its so depressing. I am starting Atkins tomorrow and giving it my all. It is inspiring stories like this that make me want it even more! Thank you for sharing!
September 30, 2012 04:41 PM EST
debbily said:
Yes thank you for sharing your story! How inspiring is that? A size six wow! Great for you, it is really "happy dance time" You are very encouraging and supportive! I must say I think we all love you! Thanks for being here!
September 30, 2012 05:38 PM EST
cjmayse said:
Dear Sharon (may I call you Sharon?): Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful news. Well done! We'd all love to see an updated photo, and I whole-heartedly agree with the previous post - I think you looked fabulous before! I find I cannot indulge in the chocolates - they are a trigger for me, even in Atkins form. So my treats are nice hard cheeses and beef jerky, and I indulge with sugar-free gelatin and whipped cream for dessert. Seven pounds in fourteen days, 95 to go. You inspire me - thank you. (And love to the adorable Ozzy as well.)
October 01, 2012 06:11 PM EST
Eliana60 said:
Wow--That's just awesome. You are so inspiring...and knowing how well it's going for you is so motivting for me.
Not sure that you can share this info., but can you also let us know from a medical perspective that your numbers are good, bad or no change.

Many folks claim that this way of eating is unhealthy and it would be very meaningful to help the record straight by letting everyone know that the diet works, you look fabulous and your health is great.

Hope you don't mind...if your are not up to sharing--I understand.
October 02, 2012 06:27 PM EST
lynnevon said:
Yay! I have always thought you were great Sharon! Congrats on the weight loss! How awesome is it to be able to eat lobster with melted butter and still lose weight? Atkins rules!
October 02, 2012 07:25 PM EST
sheatee said:
My favorite is always the plain old vanilla Atkins shakes! The other day I made jalepeno poppers that were really yummy. Cut the peppers in half and take out the seeds (unless you like it hot), fill with cream cheese, wrap in bacon and bake. Also like sugar free jello and whip cream if I need something sweet (or an Atkins endulge treat or bar). If you haven't experimented with cauliflower, look up some of those recipes! Mashed is amazing! I also love edamame as a side.

Congrats on your loss (and size 6!!!). My journey will be longer to get to that six, but I will get there! 35 pounds and counting from my heaviest.
October 02, 2012 10:22 PM EST
mauifran said:
Congratulations Sharon!!!!! It is so wonderful for you to see such great results so quickly!!!! Well my favorite is the chocolate coconut bars too cause it is like an almond joy but less of an impact on my blood sugar along with the eating plan! I am glad you don't feel deprived cause this is a lifestyle for those of us that need to be vigilant about our weight and health! Gods blessings on you and your family!!!!!
October 03, 2012 04:23 AM EST
meangreenloggie said:
That's fantastic!! When I first did Atkin's 7 years ago, I went from 200 lbs to 140 lbs in a 2 year span. I became the Atkin's poster child at work, LOL! I fit into a size 4 jeans for the first time in my life! Unfortunately, I was still a size 12 in dress size because I guess I have a large rib cage (even after losing a cup size!) and wider hips, but whatever, I still looked fabulous in my bridesmaid dress at my roommate's wedding. Well, recently I had a tumor on my thyroid that made gain a lot of weight back so I'm back at square one in a size 16. But hey I've done it before, so I can do it again :) Keep it up, Sharon, you're doing great!
October 03, 2012 03:35 PM EST
Baylor said:
That is fabulous! Thanks so much for being so public about your journey!! YAY you!
October 04, 2012 02:06 PM EST
petercicero said:
Hi Sharon,
I am so happy you are on the journey with me!
You are doing great! 11lbs in 2 weeks is amazing.
I am at 11lbs but it has taken me a month. I work out 6 days a week and am 100% committed to the diet program.
How did you expedite your weight loss program specifically?!
Love you,
Pete
October 04, 2012 02:59 PM EST
Clinton302 said:
Congratulations! My favorite are the Atkins Endulge Peanut Butter Cups.
October 05, 2012 12:57 AM EST
MfLafever said:
Sharon,
It's great to see that you're doing wonderful on the Atkins lifestyle. This morning I weighed in and I'm down 20.4lbs! It's very exciting. There's a pair of khaki pants I bought about a year ago, hoping to fit into them, and they are still there...waiting for me. I have estimated that in another 10 lbs I should be able to wear them. Wish me luck!

To answer your question, I enjoy the peanutbutter chocolate bars and hazelnut bar. However I must warn you. The hazelnut bars have now required a nickname by my husband. They are now deemed the "fart bars" because of obvious reasons. They may taste great, just wait until they "kick in." The peanutbutter chocolate bars do not have that effect on us...thank God!

As a middle school administrator, it's difficult to not "stress eat." How do you deal with stress while staying on this lifestyle?

Ciao,
Melissa
October 05, 2012 07:15 AM EST
THISTIMEITHINKICAN said:
You go girl!! Woohoo!!!
October 08, 2012 10:08 PM EST
THISTIMEITHINKICAN said:
You go girl!! Woohoo!!!
October 08, 2012 10:09 PM EST
Stpn2me said:
Good stuff Sharon. I have been on this for about two weeks and I have dropped 12 lbs...STAY MOTIVATED!!
October 10, 2012 10:55 AM EST
journey1129 said:
Sharon that is great. You are an ispiration to me as I begin my journey. I am hoping that this community can keep me engaged and help me to remain motivated.
October 10, 2012 08:04 PM EST
Sue, that is a great idea. I will find a picture for you.
October 11, 2012 04:01 PM EST
Kohlby's Mom, I think we've all been there. I've tried everything!
October 11, 2012 04:05 PM EST
kapadgett said:
Wonderful to see you on here and doing so well!
Have you ever tried Atkiins before?
I did almost ten years ago now and lost 65 pounds after having my first and only child.
I kept it off for years and when my mother died I started putting it back on..
I know how to work this system but was not feeling as motivated this week until I got on here and
started reading everyone's stories. It feels good to remember I'm not alone in this fight!
I love food but have to remember how to eat right agian!
Good luck Sharon!
I'll be on the "Crazy Train" with you!
Angel Padgett
Mississippi
October 12, 2012 12:57 PM EST
GordiesMom said:
Welcome Sharon! You look great! I have lost 20+ pounds. Getting close to a size 8. Wishing you all the best!
October 12, 2012 03:18 PM EST
LizJ63 said:
Congrats - it is such an awesome feeling to see the changes happening. I have lost 78 pounds since June of 2011 and gone from a size 22/24 to a size 12...thinking a size 10 may be coming in the next few weeks. The bad part is - I hate shopping for clothes. I keep thinking someone is going to call me out for not being in the "women's" section. LOL.
October 19, 2012 12:44 PM EST
c kuhns said:
Sharon just saw you on the Talk, you are looking so thin (great), you have inspired me to try atkins again, could you share with everyone a little more about what you eat for breakfast lunch and dinner everyday? Do you follow the atkins way of eating to the letter? How many carbs are you allowing yourself daily? Do you work out?. Thanks for the inspiration we would love to hear from you , Thanks
October 22, 2012 03:45 PM EST
Erin1980EMG said:
That's an amazing accomplishment. Happy 60th by the way. My mom started Atkin's right after I lost my initial 15 lbs. She's 52 years young. She looks absolutely fantastic. She always was anorexic when I was growing up, and to see her finally gaining some healthy eating habits is very motivating. She looks the best I've ever seen her. N to top it all off I truly believe she looks younger, you'd never believe she was going to be 52. Keep up the great work.
P.S. my favorite bars r the ones with chocolate n hazlenut.
Stay Strong!!!!
October 23, 2012 10:53 AM EST
jimapi said:
Sharon, I am not at that size 6, and never have been, but I can relate somewhat. I recently had to buy a dress for a banquet and started to cry in the dressing room when I actually fit in a size 16 - not a size 22 anymore! I haven't been a size 16 for over 15 years. Everyone here at Atkins is so encouraging and inspiring - thanks to you and them!
October 28, 2012 02:11 PM EST
meldeong said:
Sharon, you look fabulous!
October 30, 2012 03:44 PM EST
Jacqualene said:
I always wondered if the lap band would work for me, now I have my answer after reading my blog. I would find a way to get around it. Thanks for being honest. I started Atkins on November 6, 2012 I lost 20 lbs the first 2 weeks..at a month into the program I am at a standstill. ( I never eat over 25 carbs) Do you have any suggestions?
December 06, 2012 08:13 AM EST
Mstwinner said:
My family has a history of diabeties, and being over weight does not help me. I'm currently having symptoms that may require testing but because I'm afraid to find out the results of my testing diabetic I have not been tested.

I recently saw your Atkins TV Commercials and have tried Akins in the past with success. I was surprised to see that the Atkins first Phase of indicment was to include the Atkins bars and Shakes.

I thought the first phase was to eliminate all carbs and sugar, this is why I postpone my retrying Atkins diet.

After reading the new Atkins and your blogs, along with support from Adkins I am now going to start a new way of life through Atkins.

Your feedback on how successful Atkins has been for your overall good health has inspired me to move forward and I really appreciate you placing you placing your life results online.

MSJ