<December 2012>
16171819202122

Come visit me in Los Angeles and save $2 on New Atkins Frozen Meals
Hello! How was your Thanksgiving? Did you stick with the Turkey and Veggies? Try any new recipes?

If you struggled this year, don’t get down on yourself. Don’t get down on yourself EVER. All we can do is our best. If you fall off the wagon, that’s normal. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get right back on where you were. And don’t you dare wait for the next day tp get started again. Do it at your next meal. Otherwise that little voice inside your head will tell you, go on, eat one piece and we’ll start eating healthy again tomorrow. Then while we’re eating we feel guilty.

I have to remind myself to slow down and think about what I’m eating. I ask myself, did you savor that or did you swallow it? Because a lot of the time we find ourselves just stuffing something down instead of really enjoying it. So sit down and enjoy yourself.

I spent my Thanksgiving in Cabo with the family. It was absolutely gorgeous and I felt better than ever on the beach. Then I went from Cabo to Los Angeles and right to London to film a Christmas Special with my doggies! It was absolute madness, but I did have something special that helped me when cooking was impossible and I’m excited to finally tell you about it because it is fabulous!

Atkins has just come out with new frozen meals that you can eat in any phase of the diet. They are loaded with high quality protein and veggies, and don't have any added sugar or preservatives. My freezer is stocked! I love the roasted turkey, the chili, and the meatloaf with cauliflower, but who doesn't love a good meatloaf?

The frozen meals are great because you don’t have to think about it. Just pop it in the microwave and you know you’re eating right. I think they are already in some Walmart stores, but they’ll be all over in January. They're also offering coupons for $2 off any frozen meal right now on their Facebook Page when you enter to for a chance to come visit me in Los Angeles, so don't forget to enter and grab one of those.

I hope you are all having a fabulous week. Don’t forget to tell me about your Thanksgiving!

All my love and support,

Published Friday, December 07, 2012 03:47 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
Alright, let's hear it. How was Thanksgiving?
December 07, 2012 04:15 PM EST
sheatee said:
Glad you had an awesome Thanksgiving with your family! Made the best stuffing out of oopsie rolls. Could have passed it off as regular bread stuffing :0) Also made sugar free cranberry relish. This was my first taste of fruit in about 5 months. Haven't had it again, but it was a great treat. I am way too excited about this line of frozen meals! Can't wait to find it in my local stores!!! This will definitely help turn my 50 lb loss into more :) I love reading your blogs, keep them coming!
December 07, 2012 04:46 PM EST
Sheatee, thank you for the blog compliment. I always wonder what people are thinking - otherwise I feel like a loon talking to myself! Is your hubby on Atkins as well?
December 07, 2012 04:49 PM EST
sheatee said:
He is as well and is a great support system!!! Of course he has lost more because of the simple fact that he is male, lol. He has lost 65 lbs. It has been a wonderful journey for us, and I can't imagine every looking at food the same way! Dr. Atkins was a genius!!
December 07, 2012 05:27 PM EST
Wen@tbay said:
OMG Sharon, you are just the best! SO wonderful and I am SO thrilled that you are doing Atkins!!! What an inspiration!! You are GORGEOUS! And a beautiful person on the inside as well!! I can't wait until the frozen dinners show up here in FLA. I wrote several emails requesting them about a year ago and they said it was 'in the works' so YAY! PS) I sure hope I win--I am a HUGE fan! Much love, Wendie :0)
December 07, 2012 09:39 PM EST
mstoker said:
Sharon dear, Thanksgiving was wonderful. I am so pleased to report no cheats here on Turkey day! Tried out many new recipes from the recipe section here online. We gave the Greenbean Almondine a spin threw in a little garlic, scrumptious! My favorite was the pumpkin cheese cake, now that took care of the pumpkin crave for sure. It was much lighter than regular cheesecake but still just as yummy. Instead of mashed tators I made the Cauliflower sour cream mash, not a total fav but it did work for the whole plate looking like eveyone else's. I just want to say I am so pleased you joined us on this Journey! I started in April 2012 and can proudly report 71 pounds lost and 59 inches shed, so far. Taking it one day/ one pound at a time. Best of luck to you! Michele
December 07, 2012 10:23 PM EST
Chocolette said:
Hi Sharon, I just have to tell you, I watched "The Talk" today for the first time in a long while. I'm normally at work but happened to be at home today. You look absolutely marvelous. I can really see the weight loss. I had not seen you since the last season of "Americas Got Talent". You are even MORE gorgeous - looking so slim, trim and healthy. Congratulations and continued success!
December 07, 2012 11:39 PM EST
bdbobalou said:
MRS O, I WATCH THE TALK ON A DAILY BASIS, BUT I HAVE TO ASK, IS HOLLY AND LEAH EVER COMING BACK? THEY ARE THE REASON I GOT HOOKED ON THE SHOW TO BEGIN WITH. YOU ARE LOOKING GREAT THESE DAYS! I JUST TURNED 59 DEC 1ST, YOU LOOK TEN YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME! YOU'VE GOT GOOD GENES.
December 08, 2012 06:37 AM EST
sunshinebunny said:
Hi, Sharon! I'm excited I finally found out how to post on your blog! I'm about as useful as Ozzy when it comes to technology, ha ha! I just received my Atkins starter pack in the mail today and even though I can't get my hubby to do it yet, I am going to start. I'm crazy to start at this time, I know, right before Christmas, but last night when I went to bed I ate so much my stomach was killing me, and that is the norm, because I simply cannot stop myself. But I think I'll be able to stop now that I have a plan and I'm not alone in doing this. I work nights at the hospital so I'm excited about the meals. Are they for the first step? I'll be there for a while. :( Thanks so much for your blog-please keep it up!
December 10, 2012 02:24 PM EST
Wen@tbay said:
OOh I'm in the zone! Lost 13lbs since Tgiving so Atkins can be started at the holidays!! Stay strong & make it happen folks!! :0) Wendie
December 17, 2012 01:48 PM EST
mumze37 said:
Getting started today....not waiting until 2013
December 29, 2012 09:00 PM EST
brandyunruh1 said:
I am so excited to be joining you all. Sharon I had no idea you were an Atkins fan too! I have 50 lbs to lose in order to be healthy and feel good again. I have tried Atkins before and I lost 25 pounds in the first month but I never went from the induction phase to the second phase and found it hard to maintain, as anybody would. 20 carbs a day is hard to do but not impossible with the newfound support here, online. I am so happy to have people struggles and triumphs. Happy New Year everybody, may this be the year of health and happiness!
January 01, 2013 10:42 PM EST
brandyunruh1 said:
A line was deleted, oh well.
January 01, 2013 10:56 PM EST
Terrie0406 said:
Starting today. I cant believe I have over 100 lbs to lose! I cannot wait to start seeing results and to better keep up with my 3 year old granddaughter. Guess the best approach is one day at a time, one meal at a time.
January 06, 2013 09:40 AM EST
phyllie7 said:
Hi Sharon, I'm so glad that you are finding success with the Atkins program. I have been battling my weight my whole life. I'm tall & was always a big girl. In high school I weighed 170, but I am 5' 11". I look back at me in pictures & I was NOT fat!! Though my mother told me I was. It was funny that once when we were watching an old home movie of us at Yellowstone National Park, my mother actually pointed at me in the picture and said "who is that?" I replied, "that was me....when I was fat!". At that time when we were watching the movie I easily weighed over 350lbs. So my inner voice apparently said "ok" when my mother called me fat! Like you, I had gastric bypass back in 2001 & lost half of me! The lowest I got was 235lb. My goal was 175. I laugh cause I think I weighed 3 6 for 15 seconds! I am older than you, turning 64 this march. I can see how the bars and these new frozen meals excite me. Cause I can cook whatever for my family & have my own balanced special Atkins meal!! I am starting as soon as I can get ot the store and get stocked up!! You are such a special person with a great family. I watched your show on Mtv & loved you and your family......and all your dogs!! Take care! Glad you had such a great Cabo turkey day!! Hope you snorkled while you were there!! Thanks for being so special, Sharon. always, Phyllis
January 06, 2013 07:02 PM EST
sas3 said:
Hye Help How do I staert?
January 12, 2013 08:06 PM EST
judithmichele said:
I recieved my first issue of Home Garden magazine. I seen you there, and a free kit for the Adkins diet. So, I looked it up online. It was so simple, easier than weight watcher, for me. The format is very easy. I started on Jan. 11th. I did skip walking yesterday, and boy did I feel it. Very drained. did nothing all day. I want to thank you Sharron for advertiseing the Adkins, I have been telling all my friends, right now, all I get is good luck. Thats ok. It's for me not them. Thank you again. judithmichele
January 15, 2013 09:58 AM EST
debp54 said:
Well, I started dec 3rd, 2012. I was/am determined. I think I must be taking to many meds that contridict the diet. I have lost 'bout 10 lbs. I stay pretty true to the under 25 carbs and use the shakes and meals, which have lots of flavor. I don't get as hungry as I use to w/eating carbs. I know my potassium was down, but now have that under control. What to do with the loose skin. I guess just shove it in the clothes. I have had triple by-pass at 49 (now 59) and lost a spleen, so lots of meds. I am so pumped that someone I really respect and admire is actulally promoting this diet. Thanks, Sharron... you give me incentive...
January 22, 2013 03:53 PM EST
winterberry765 said:
Hi Sharon, Big fan of yours. I am having trouble losiing weight and my keto stick never turns. I am on a lot of pain meds and antidepressensts. Why should this be a problem says my doctor?
January 28, 2013 12:14 PM EST
sgiambrone said:
Where can I buy the frozen Atkins meals. They would make some of my days so much easier!
February 12, 2013 06:12 AM EST
Mlnavarro said:
Hello Sharon, I am 54 years old and with a 6 year old daughter. The Doctors tells me that I have a fatty liver and board line diabetic and that I need to lose 20 pounds. Should I try Phase 1 or 2? This is my first time doing the Atkins.
February 16, 2013 10:31 PM EST
ecyrom said:
Hi Sharon I was so encouraged to see a famous person promoting Atkins. I think you are sincere so I am especially happy it is you promoting Atkins. I see Marie Osmond promote nutra system and Valerie Bertinelli promote Jenny Craig. I see that and wonder which will work for me. My cousin did Atkins and looks great. I did Atkins in the 90's but haven't tried it since then. So I have almost finished my first week so far. I haven't gained but haven't lost. tomorrow I will weigh again and get a full week weight. I am frustrated since I have followed it I thought 100%. I just started to do meal plans to be sure I am not missing hidden carbs and was amazed to find carbs in some of the foods I thought were 0 like mozzarella cheese. I see last entry was in Feb so I guess you no longer blog oh well. At least I believe I am talking with you.
September 23, 2013 06:43 PM EST