<December 2012>
16171819202122

Don’t you just love the holiday season?
It is such a special time of year, and it was lovely being in New York last week, the chill in the air, the decorations, the shopping! It was such a traditional holiday setting.

The mobile app really came in handy while I was in New York.  There are so many options there – restaurants, food trucks, people selling things out of carts….You can always find something that you think is good to eat, but who knows what’s really in it? The app knows. It was just fabulous, the app showed me restaurants nearby with menu items I could eat, so I was always the first one to know where I wanted to go and what I wanted to order. No guesswork, no fuss, I love it!

I did also stash a few of the frozen meals in my hotel room, which were great in the mornings. Instead of calling room service for breakfast, I just warmed up one of the frozen meals (my breakfast favorite is the Sausage Scramble, but I am totally biased, you know how I feel about sausage).

As much as I love New York, it is good to be back home. This year Ozzy and I will be spending a quiet Christmas together, just the two of us. I'm thrilled to have Ozzy all to myself, although I just realized that I haven’t got any idea what we’re going to do yet!

What are all of you doing for the holidays? Who's cooking? I couldn’t get over some of the recipes you posted for Thanksgiving.  There are some really phenomenal cooks in the Atkins family, so I ‘m expecting to see some top-notch creations.

I hope you all have a fabulous holiday. Be naughty, be nice, and break out the mistletoe!

All my love and support,

Sharon.

Published Thursday, December 20, 2012 05:00 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
What are you cooking for the holidays? Ham? Turkey?
December 20, 2012 05:17 PM EST
JillyBakes said:
I made a low carb Chocolate Yule Log!!
December 20, 2012 06:02 PM EST
JillyBakes, I can't even look at it. I will eat the whole thing!
December 20, 2012 06:36 PM EST
JoviMom_Karen said:
Since it is just my immediate Family, I am cooking Prime Rib with Cauliflower Mashed potatoes and Asparagus. Haven't decided on the desert yet but it will be low carb!
December 20, 2012 06:52 PM EST
Tammae said:
I just got the mobile app on my new phone and I also love it. I have already lost 5 lbs just from tracking better...because it is soooo easy! Have a Wonderful Christmas and enjoy those rare quiet times with family.
God bless...
December 21, 2012 08:30 AM EST
dparla118@yahoo.com said:
I will be having dinner at home with my wonderful family. Making a ham with a lot of veggies. Plus sugar free jello with whip cream on top for my children. You Have and your love ones a Wonderful Christmas and enjoy!!!!!!!!!
December 21, 2012 12:40 PM EST
shubert76 said:
We are going to the in-laws for Christmas eve. I will be bringing a shrimp cocktail platter and a veggie platter with homemade ranch dressing. The recipe is inThe New Atkins for a New You book, pg 230. I made it last week and loved it. I have to stay away from the desserts this week as it is my induction week. Happy Holidays everyone!
December 22, 2012 02:15 AM EST
IBEWBRIDE said:
Sharon, I told you how we were going to LA for New Years. I just wanted to tell you that we went to the Rainbow for dinner one night and the table we sat at had an adorable picture of you and Jack on the wall. I felt you watching over me and inspriring me to stay on track. I didn't even have one bite of that pizza my daughter ordered! But the clams were DELISH!! <3
January 02, 2013 03:28 PM EST
That is so sweet! I hope you had a fabulous LA New Years. How long have you been on Atkins IBEWBRIDE?
January 08, 2013 05:14 PM EST
history3 said:
what is your intake on jullian breads for the adkins diet ???
March 10, 2013 01:27 PM EST