<November 2012>
18192021222324

Tis’ The Season To Eat Turkey!
Hello! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!  What a great holiday to be on the Atkins diet! You can eat as much turkey, sausage, and veggies as you want!

I’ve heard a few of you saying it will be tough to get through Thanksgiving and the Holiday season. Stop worrying and start preparing! Get out your Atkins cookbook (or go on the Atkins website, they have loads of free recipes there) and design your dinner menu around your new lifestyle. If you didn't already know, the Atkins diet includes delicious foods like meatloaf, roast turkey and real bacon. Now that’s something to be thankful for!

Also, get your family involved. You all have such a fabulous support system here online, how about at home? Make it an Atkins Thanksgiving, request that people bring healthier options, challenge your family members to make something that's both delicious and nutritious. Then, when you're at the dinner table, slow down and take time to really savor each bite of your meal. I ask myself - did you savor it or did you swallow it? When I savor it, the meal is so much more satisfying.

I’ve promised myself that this year I’ve got to stay away from the chocolates, cakes, and pies, so I'm keeping the desserts in a separate room. I’ve got to stay focused and keep reminding myself why I’m doing this. This will be Pearl’s first Thanksgiving. Seeing her and the rest of the family is the best motivation I could ask for. I look at them and I’m reminded that this is about something so much bigger than a diet, it’s a commitment to living a healthier lifestyle so I can be there for my family. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, let me know what you're eating, and what you’re thankful for!

All my love and support,

Published Tuesday, November 20, 2012 03:12 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Induction, Weight Loss, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
Happy Thanksgiving! What are you planning on cooking this year?
November 20, 2012 05:41 PM EST
ChrisMitch said:
Turkey; cauliflower loaded mashed "potatoes"; green beans with garnish of grilled onions and mushrooms and crumbled bacon; and pumpkin flavored cheesecake pudding for desert. As long as I have this stuff, I will be fine with saying no to bread, stuffing, pies etc.. I'm good to go! Bring on the holidays.
November 20, 2012 06:03 PM EST
Stop right there. Crumbled bacon? Fabulous idea! And I agree 100% ChrisMitch, Get your healthy options ready and bring on the holidays!
November 20, 2012 06:15 PM EST
ndelacourt said:
I am trying a low carb pecan pie recipe this year. Already have an amazing pumpkin pie recipe! And then just turkey with sausage stuffing, brussel sprouts with bacon and cauliflower mash.
November 20, 2012 06:53 PM EST
Kitty city said:
Desserts....deciding on one of Jamie's cheesecakes is going to be tough. May have to make several! Ricotta pancakes for Thanksgiving breakfast of course!
November 20, 2012 07:04 PM EST
Cindibr said:
Turkey, stuffing made with low carb bread, roasted brussel sprouts, broccoli salad with bacon and cheese (yummy), layered salad, mashed cauliflower with cheese and pumpkin sugar free cheesecake with crushed pecans for crust, oh and homemade cranberry sauce made with splenda (first time to try it so we will see how it goes). Here's to a healthy holiday season for everyone and success on a healthier lifestyle!
November 21, 2012 06:21 AM EST
Cindibr said:
Oh, PS: love you Sharon! so glad you're here!
November 21, 2012 06:22 AM EST
Cindibr said:
I forgot the green beans with onions and slivered almonds. Usually I do the green bean casserole so this will be a new one for me too.
November 21, 2012 06:23 AM EST
joezasada said:
Back on Canadian Thanksgiving I made a low carb chocolate cheesecake for dessert. I used an almond flour crust with cocoa and xylitol; the filling was cream cheese with cocoa, xylitol, and gelatin, pretty easy, and it was a big hit.
November 21, 2012 12:36 PM EST
530Oscarsgirl530 said:
Since we couldn't afford thanksgiving this year I took my kids to the salvation army for dinner. To my surprise it was really yummy and I was able to eat healthy. I had some turkey, green beans that had onions , and just some plain mashed yams, their pies looked so yummy and since I'm a junk food addict I had to pass on the pies. It was a good time even though are situation wasn't the best we still made the best of it... I'm glad that you had a wonderful thanksgiving and still eat healthy yummy foods with your beautiful family :-)
November 26, 2012 07:51 PM EST
sheatee said:
Oopsie roll stuffing was amazing!!!! I love Oopsie rolls, so versatile.
November 28, 2012 10:50 AM EST
soon2bfitmama said:
Thanks for sharing and going public as a celebrity face of Atkins. I'm hoping you'll inspire my success. Can't wait to here your Christmas menu thoughts!
December 01, 2012 10:16 PM EST
ndelacourt how did your lo-carb pies come out?
December 07, 2012 04:56 PM EST
CIndibr I'm glad you're here too! Thanks for commenting. I love your broccoli with cheese and bacon idea. That sounds like heaven.
December 07, 2012 04:58 PM EST
Lo-carb chocolate cheesecake?? joezasada, I feel sinful just saying that.
December 07, 2012 04:59 PM EST
soon2bfitmama, thank you. Everyone in the Atkins community has been so welcoming to me, I couldn't have asked for a better group of people. I will need some ideas for a Christmas menu though...thoughts?
December 07, 2012 05:01 PM EST
Patrish100 said:
I have gain 100 lbs after losing a grandchild and 2 children in the last 4 years. I am an emotional stress eater. I am starting induction today and hoping to lose as much as possible before my son's wedding in March. Do you think the weight comes off faster without the Atkins candy bars?
December 10, 2012 10:47 PM EST
ndelacourt said:
They turned out great! Thanks Sharon! Here are the recipes!! http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-pecan-pie-119953
December 29, 2012 07:50 PM EST
ndelacourt said:
And the pumpkin.....Hope you had a great quiet Christmas! :) http://www.food.com/recipe/crustless-low-carb-pumpkin-pie-104352 Natascha
December 29, 2012 07:52 PM EST
frenchfry2013 said:
Good Morning Sharon, Just want to say how inpiring you are! I watch the Talk and love the woman you are. I hope to draw some inpiration from you here as well! I missed the Good Morning America interview where you where talking about your journey here with Atkins. I am a returning Atkinser ;0) and am really struggling with the induction diet. 12 yrs ago when I first tried this diet, I really didnt partake in the induction portion and still had desirable results. I kept the weight off for 8 yrs but had some high stress situations in my life and find the need to restart. I have joined a competition hopeing that would be motivational, but as I said I am really struggling with Induction. I find myself wanting to skip induction again, or do it my way, which I know will not get me the results I need for the competition I previously mentioned. I keep telling myself my workouts will make the difference. I see you have lost an inspiring amount of weight in a short period of time. Could you help me find some mojo here?
January 29, 2013 10:42 AM EST