<October 2012>
14151617181920

What have you been eating?
Hello! How are you all doing this week? What have you been eating? I’ve seen so many great recipe posts and I must decide on at least one to try. Maybe something with one of my favorite vegetables? I love mashed cauliflower (which you can trick the kids into thinking it’s mashed potatoes) and steamed green beans.

For breakfast I usually have black tea and boiled, scrambled, or fried eggs with bacon…and that’s real bacon because I’m a piggy! For lunch I usually have something with Avocado, maybe some tuna or chicken salad…Right now I’m having an Avocado and sprout salad with Romaine lettuce and lemon dressing. Just a little something light to have on set in between taping the Talk and doing some interviews. And then for dinner I usually like white fish and string beans, some roast chicken and cauliflower, or (if your promise not to tell anyone…) sausages! I have really outed myself as a sausage and bacon lover in this post…but I know I'm not the only one!

If I’m craving something sweet after dinner I go right for an Atkins bar. I just tried the new Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars and I am loving the new recipe. Right now those are my go-to sweet treat. The bars are also helpful when I’m stressed. It is very, very difficult to avoid stress eating, especially when I’m tired, so I stash some fudge brownie and coconut bars in the car and in my dressing room. Once I have half a bar, that impulse to stress eat is gone. How about you? I want to branch out, so tell me what your favorite meals are.

All my love and support,
Sharon.

Published Wednesday, October 24, 2012 03:12 PM by Sharon Osbourne
Filed Under: Weight Loss, Nutrition, Cravings / Problem foods, Personal observations & lessons learned
Comments
Kande P said:
My fav meal right now is scrambled eggs with sliced avocado, mushrooms, and tomatoes. It is good any time of the day. And thank goodness for the Adkin's peanut butter cups! When I get that little sweet craving just one is all it takes and I save the other for another time.
October 24, 2012 04:26 PM EST
Kande P said:
Atkin's peanut butter cup that is...... Lol
October 24, 2012 04:28 PM EST
christybrry said:
Here is a link to a recipe for Zucchini Casserole that I like to make that I found on a low carb website
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/zucchini_casserole.html and it is good for feeding the family (except my husband doesn't like the mushrooms and my three-year-old doesn't like the zucchini).
Sometimes after dinner I will take some low carb vanilla ice cream and crush up some Atkins "oreo" cookies to make my own cookies 'n cream ice cream.
October 24, 2012 04:33 PM EST
Fabulous picture Kande! Have you tried the new peanut butter bars?
October 24, 2012 04:42 PM EST
Christy, I will definitely be trying that dessert. Have you ever tried Zucchini noodles for the little one?
October 24, 2012 04:45 PM EST
Wait a minute, did I just see 111 views and only 5 comments? Come on! Don't be shy!
October 24, 2012 04:53 PM EST
christybrry said:
I know right, that is the reason I did post. What are the zucchini noodles?
October 24, 2012 05:01 PM EST
jdgrossman9 said:
Hey Sharon my go to sweet treat is a scoop of frozen cool whip. It tricks my mind into thinking I'm eating icecream so I add it to a diet rootbeer and I have a rootbeer float. Or on top of sugar free jello! Yummy!
October 24, 2012 05:15 PM EST
Is there a low carb cool whip?
October 24, 2012 05:18 PM EST
Christy, I've never made them, but I've tried them at some healthy restaurants. They had me fooled!
October 24, 2012 05:19 PM EST
jdgrossman9 said:
Two carbs in two table spoons so I usually can spare 2 carbs for that. I use regular cool whip but I think there is a sugar free brand.
October 24, 2012 05:20 PM EST
ksteuck said:
I don't like to wake up earlier than necessary during the week, so I make a batch of Crustless Mini Quiches in a cupcake pan. Eggs, cream, cheese, herbs, bacon and turkey. Pack up some breakfast sausages and I'm set for breakfast for the week.
October 24, 2012 05:23 PM EST
jdgrossman9 said:
i will definitely being trying the peanut butter cups tonight though since my favorite carby snack are reeses cups ;)
October 24, 2012 05:31 PM EST
MI2NJ97 said:
For dinner tonight: smoked turkey w northern beans!
October 24, 2012 05:31 PM EST
Superkitsune13 said:
I'm thinking for dinner tonight I'll be having either pork chops or chicken, probably in a mexican food style. Melted cheese, salsa, avacado, everything I need to fill any of my cravings while continuing to eat healthy and continue to lose weight. I also love those chocolate coconut bars, they're not overly sweet and fulfill my sweet tooth just right. Glad you're doing well Sharon!

-Tim W.
October 24, 2012 05:49 PM EST
JeanneV said:
Try a piece of Russell Stover Sugar Free Candy or my favorite, a scoop of Breyers Smart Carb vanilla ice cream with a squirt of sugar free chocolate syrup.
October 24, 2012 05:49 PM EST
lynnevon said:
There is no shame in bacon Sharon, no shame! Especially if you buy the good organic stuff, which of course we do. I love all the luxurious food we get to eat on Atkins. I often have salad for breakfast with arugula and sliced tomatoes, then add whatever protiens I have around (could be bacon or sausage or it could be sliced steak or pork chop left over from dinner the night before), maybe some crumbled or grated cheese, perhaps some chopped pickles (I like all kinds of picked veggies) and top it off with 1 or 2 eggs over easy. I like to get creative with it. Another favorite brunch is to grill a portobello mushroom and stuff it with crabmeat sauteed in butter with tarragon, then melt some parmesan or gruyere on top. As far as dessert goes, I'm dying to try the chocolate souffle recipe that is on the Atkins website.Yum!
October 24, 2012 06:53 PM EST
misskim517 said:
I love to use my Pampered Chef deep covered baker since it makes cooking so easy. I started with chopped cabbage and onions. Half of a large white onion and about a third of a large head of cabbage. Sprinkle with salt and lots of pepper then drizzle with olive oil. Then I top that with either chicken legs or thinly sliced pork chops. Season with your favorite spices. Put the lid on. Microwave 10 mins. Turn the meat over. Sprinkle with more spices. Microwave 10 minutes. Enjoy!!
October 24, 2012 09:18 PM EST
shauneelu66 said:
My favorite Phase 1 dinner is Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti. I take zucchini and using a vegetable shredder / peeler, I cut long strips to resemble noodles (flat peeler for fettucini shape and rounded shredder for spaghetti shaped). I sautee the zucchini is a small bit of olive oil with some salt and pepper until it is cooked but not too soft. I serve the "noodles" on a plate with homemade tomato sauce from pureed canned, recipe-ready diced tomatoes, minced cooked garlic, two or three small homemade turkey meatballs (ground turkey, one egg, and italian spices) and a pinch of grated mozzerella on top. I even fooled my picky eater of a boyfriend -- a steak-and-potato born-and-bred midwesterner -- and he LOVED it!

I'm 9 days in to Phase 1 and down 6 pounds so far! I'm a 4-yr breast cancer survivor (I like to say "thriver")! Thanks for being a great inspiration as a mother, wife, woman and survivor; and now on this journey!
October 24, 2012 10:04 PM EST
serea said:
I would not have Cool Whip even if it is low carb....it is a chemical soup ! It is not something that is recommended on Atkins. Make up some REAL whipped cream and enjoy something natural and delicious.
October 25, 2012 08:52 AM EST
Maddie98 said:
Land O Lakes make a whipped heavy cream with no sugar (made with splenda), the kind in a can, it's wonderful for those of us that don't like to make homemade every time.

Right now, I am loving pork loin wrapped in bacon (yes, pork on pork) and mashed cauliflower. For breakfast, I love to mix pumpkin pie spice with the Atkins French Vanilla Shake and warm it up, mmmm. Lunches are usually something like spinach salad with a couple of strawberries (I am in phase 2) or chicken salad with avocado and chopped pecans. Spaghetti squash is another favorite in my house, and it makes getting those veggie carbs easy because it's a little higher carb than a leafy salad.
October 25, 2012 09:20 AM EST
jdgrossman9 said:
Cool whip has never affected my weight loss.
October 25, 2012 12:34 PM EST
cjmayse said:
I find that I must avoid the low-carb versions of sweets, because just the flavor of the sweets seems to trigger my cravings. So instead I opt for a cheese and nut plate for dessert when I eat out - nibbling excellent cheese with toasted nuts is decadent and satisfying. Oh, and congratulations on your success, and happy birthday, Sharon!
October 25, 2012 01:33 PM EST
BBWHoney said:
Well imagine my shock when i logged on and saw Sharon Osborne here. Welcome it's nice to see you. As for me i've decided to buckle down and stick to the basic bacon and egg breakfast, a light lunch snack such as cheese with sour cream, and for dinner i'm doing white meat only and some green veggies.

This has worked wonders for breaking my stall and i'm down 10lbs since i went back to the basics
October 25, 2012 02:56 PM EST
rts2405 said:
hello Sharon, welcome to the crowd. my favorite breakfast lately is diced peppercorn pate in scrambled eggs....slightly spicy, very creamy and decadent...mmmmm. Can't wait to try pumpkin pie spice in warm vanilla shake - that sounds awesome!
October 25, 2012 03:21 PM EST
dbaird said:
Grilled Ribeye steak topped with caramelized onions, side veggies of squash and broccoli. I'm really not a cook but I'm learning. I bought a Tupperware microwave steaming bowl...comes in 2 pieces....best money I ever spent. Just throw in your veggies, add your seasoning then microwave....waalaa, presto, magico!!!makes the best steamed veggies ever. Side note**I'm not a Tupperware sales lady in real life nor do I play one on tv**I just love that gadget!
October 25, 2012 03:45 PM EST
sheatee said:
The most delightful cheesecake mousse..... 2 ounces cream cheese, 4 ounces mascarpone cheese, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 3 packets splenda-cream the previous ingredients together with a hand mixer. Then I use a magic bullet to make whipped cream from about 3 ounces of heavy cream and a packet of splenda. Then fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture. The cheese stabilizes the whipped cream and it will last a couple days. So heavenly, and if you are craving cool whip, it is a must try!!
October 26, 2012 12:24 AM EST
kapadgett said:
Okay Sharon, since you like bacon and sausage, I'm going to share my little guilty secret with you! My family loves, loves, loves, Stuffed Jalapenos wrapped in Bacon. Here's the recipe... try them, I promise, you'll be in heaven!
P.s. I did try them with turkey bacon and deer sausage, they are still good but not quite as tasty :)
25 medium jalapeno peppers
1 pack cream cheese
2 packs bacon
1 pack mild ground sausage

Half jalapenos and clean out seeds (the more you clean the less spicy so if you like a little spicy leave a little seed)
Cook sausage in sautee pan and drain
mix cream cheese and sausage until thoroughly mixed
spoon mixture into jalapeno halves
wrap with either half a slice of bacon or wrap whole slices around pepper tucking the bacon into its back so it will
stay wrapped while cooking (if you cut bacon in half it does goes further but we like whole pieces)
bake on aluminum lined baking sheet/tin pan at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 mins or until bacon is crispy
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Eat and Enjoy!

I know this sounds like a heart attack on a tin pan, and they do get a little greasy, the turkey does remove a lot of the grease and the deer sausage we used is much leaner. I still love them that way, but really loses some taste.

I figured count the carb count on the cream cheese and the rest is pretty good to go, but I didn't look it up to be sure. :)
Hope you love them!
October 26, 2012 11:31 AM EST
kapadgett said:
I am trying to look up the carbs on the Stuffed Jalapenos Here's what I've found

0.8 g carb in 2 table spoons cream cheese
sausage 0.4 carb in 1 (but it doesn't say the size of 1)
3 pieces of bacon 0.2 carb
Peppers I can only find green or red so
Green, raw (doesn't say cooked?)
2.2 carbs in 1/2 (which is how these are cut in half)
SO if I am guessing its a higher than I thought due to the carb on jalapenos
I originally thought maybe only 2 or 3 carbs for 8 half pieces now I'm thinking
maybe more like triple that???
Am I adding this up correctly? help? Anyone? I love these and would love to make them soon!
Thanks,
Angel Padgett
Mississippi
October 26, 2012 12:57 PM EST
deerridgerunner said:
Pizza and Chessy Bread
1/4 cup ground pork rinds
1/4 cup canned parmesan cheese
1 egg
1tsp Italian seasoning of choice

Pre-heat oven to 350*. Spray or oil a tin pie pan. In a bowl mix the egg, pork rinds, parmesan cheese, and seasoning well. Pour mixture into pan and spread to the sides from the middle by pressing outwards with your hands. If the mixture sticks to your hands wet them with water and it will spread smoothly. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and add whatever desired toppings and put the pizza back under the broiler until toppings are hot and cheese is melted.
You can also use the crust as cheesy bread after cooked add ½ of shredded cheese your choose.

The counts for the whole crust are:
Cal:347, Fat:22.9g, Carb:0.4g
October 26, 2012 01:30 PM EST
cntrygrlnaf said:
I don't have a favorite meal yet, but I have recently tried the peanut caramel cluster bars and love them as much as the peanut butter cups!
October 27, 2012 02:03 PM EST
Allinthistogether said:
My whole family (!) enjoyed a ground beef-crusted pizza for dinner last night. 2 lbs gr beef, 3 small zucchini (about 12net carbs by weight)--shredded, an egg, onion & garlic powder, mashed together like meatloaf and patted into a 12" layer cake pan (high sides). Baked about 20 min, then drained (lots of juice, mostly water from the zucchini, but also excess grease), and topped with tomato sauce (kicked up with olive oil and spices to the tune of about 1 c per T, I used 2 T per serving), mozzarella cheese (1 oz per serving) and pepperoni (to taste). Total carbs for 6 very satisfying servings: 4 veggie carbs, 1 cheese carb, and about 1 add'l carb for egg & spices. Yum! Serve with a salad, if you've got room for it (I actually didn't -- I was stuffed for the rest of the evening on one piece!)
October 28, 2012 10:33 AM EST
newme0308 said:
I am new to this website and this new atkins. I did atkins about 10 yrs ago and lost 22 pounds. However now i have about 85 total to lose. I am a breast cancer survivor with an 11 yr old daughter, so health is the most important thing i can have for her and can give to her. Wish me luck! So glad you are having success. i have lost 4 pounds, but i am on day 7 and i think a lot of that is water weight. so these next 2 weeks will really tell the story. It will be great to watch you on this journey since i am also just getting started. Have a great day!
October 29, 2012 12:27 PM EST
meldeong said:
Tonight will be Baked Tilapia with a Creole Sauce (no flour) with steamed broccoli.
October 30, 2012 03:35 PM EST
hondagrl230 said:
Hello Sharon! My favorie is zucchini lasagna! Just slice your zucchini lengthwise, about 1/8" strips. Lay the strips out and salt them, leave them for10 min., then blot the water up and do the same on the other side. Next grill those strips for 1-2 min, to remove more water and use them in place of noodles in your lasagna recipe! Even my husband and son loved this, and they don't go looking for zucchini normally :)
October 31, 2012 12:41 AM EST
sarahjneild said:
Well I’ve only just started Induction again after about a year (I know)!
I live in Salford England and I’m a singer, so I use Atkins to get into shape quickly when I need to look good... I know I should do it all the time, but with 2 children and a hectic lifestyle, it’s sometimes hard for me

I have only just realised that it isn’t THAT hard after for me after all!

For breakfast I have been having a 'Full English', but instead of toast and beans, I’m swapping it for extra Mushrooms and a couple of slices of tomato instead ( I’m not too sure if these are allowed on the induction faze, but I am looking better already) :)

My favourite meal is stake and broccoli cheese, but I love Omelettes of any kind too :)
October 31, 2012 09:52 AM EST
mzlths55 said:
Dear Sharon, I'm a 74 yr old female, love Atkins! Down 32 lbs, my doctor is soooo happy, says my blood work is like a 60 yr old, knees, hips, etc all feeling great. I ride exercise bike 10 miles every other day, and down 3 pants sizes. Quick tip for those of us who have sweet tooth.....I cut a box of yummy bars into bite size pieces, put in zip lock bag, toss in freezer. When the urge hits I grab a bite or two, and by the time I crunch thru a frozen goodie, the urge is gone, plus bars last 2x longer! Having you onboard has motivated me to visit web site more!
October 31, 2012 11:48 AM EST
kjb121 said:
Sharon...you are and have always been one of my very favorite celebs...so imagine how excited I was to learn that we almost the same age....I turn 60 in January and hopefully will have reached my goal weight by then...doubtful that I will lose 30 lbs from now til then, but hopfully I will be on my way...by the way I LOVE The Talk...DVR it every day
November 01, 2012 12:44 PM EST
tinalou2010 said:
Sharon - I just watched you on Katie this morning!! I started back on Atkins in August and over the last three months (since I was weighed at my doctor's office on July 20, 2012) I have lost 25.5 lbs. My doctor told me my weight and cholesterol were too high!! I went back to the doctor in October and she was very impressed that at that point I had lost 22 lbs - and when my blood work came back my cholesterol was perfectly fine! This is not the first time I have done the Atkins Diet but this time I feel so much stronger and am eager to see yours and my progress!! You are very inspiring to me :)
November 02, 2012 10:47 AM EST
herairness said:
Hi Sharon,
Saw Katie yesterday and you look Mahvelous! I am starting Atkins today. I know I will have trouble with desserts. So, I went and picked up Atkins Peanut Butter Cups and Atkins Chocolate Coconut Bar for the cravings at night. I will be counting my carbs and pray that I do well as I am 189 lbs at 5' 4". Wish me luck!
November 02, 2012 12:15 PM EST
familyfreedom.info said:
I see some of you were talking about cool whip...you can just take heavy cream and use beaters to make your own cool whip & it's allowed! So proud of all of you on here and remember, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" Thanks for posting some great recipes, too. I love 2 websites for recipes: www.yourlighterside.com and www.genaw.com
November 04, 2012 11:20 PM EST
berski78 said:
Sharon, my favorite meal is jalapeno bacon wrapped chicken on the grill!!!
November 05, 2012 10:27 PM EST
flafitnana said:
Hi, Sharon - I also turned 60 this year! I got to the point that I just didn't like what I saw in the mirror - so I am going to follow your example and just DO THIS!! I have two beautiful grandchildren that I adore - plus a sexy husband...just like you! I want to stay healthy as long as possible!! So, Atkins.....Let's Do This!!
November 08, 2012 10:05 AM EST
lorrainnidaho1 said:
One of my favorite low-carb treats is sugar free root beer with a splash of heavy whipping cream, it really tastes like a root beer float!!!
November 27, 2012 04:03 PM EST
lorrainnidaho1 said:
Thought I'd mention my daughter is getting married in March, She has lot's of family pictures planned, and darned it all I'm not going to be the fat one in the photos!!! :-) So wish me luck!!
November 27, 2012 04:05 PM EST
kandi1576 said:
This is so great! Starting phase 1 this weekend once I'm able to stock up the kitchen :). Love all the posts & GREAT IDEAS. I must try the zucchini spaghetti :) I've been using the s-f cool whip frozen and it does taste like ice cream. I've been on a doctor supervised diet since last February, lost 40 lbs. Gained about 10 back over holidays :(..ive been eating everything i get my hands on! Cant continue to pay weekly visits so I decided to stick with adkins...I know it works & its basically the same as I've been eating on the other diet. Looking forward to the blogs for support & ideas...GOOD LUCK TO ALL :) and Sharon, you are the best!:)
December 31, 2012 08:24 AM EST
marygullo said:
shiratke noodles. i live in la area so there are plenty of places with them you have to fool around with them and rinse them off and dry them but they soak up the flavors of whatever they are mixed with. some people like them, some hate them, but when you get tired of spagetti squash they can be a boon.. not only are they low carb..tey are full of fiber
January 06, 2013 11:26 PM EST
aleesha007 said:
I am on my third day on the induction phase of the program and have lost five pounds. This motivates me to keep on doing it. I also do Jillian Michael's workout DVD Shred it with Weights. It is an intense workout and I like it . I am doing the level one workout. I like intense workouts because they make me sweat and that is how I gage how good a workout is.
February 03, 2013 06:56 AM EST