<February 2014>
16171819202122
ErikaGolightly's Blog
Sugar free jello? Atkins bars
I have read that you can eat sugar free jello. But can I eat it in phase 1? Should I eat it at all?
Are the atkins bars even good for this diet? They seem a little high in carbs... I don't see how you can eat these on this diet.
Published Monday, February 24, 2014 12:31 PM by ErikaGolightly
Filed Under: Induction, Carb Balance/Carb Intolerance, Cravings / Problem foods
Comments
wi woods said:
the atkins products are marked, most are good for all phases. I try to stay with the atkin treats as they are smaller in size and in carbs(usually only 2 carbs), and I don't consider them a normal part of my diet , they are just ... treats. maybe one or two a week. the meal bars are just that... meals. great for on the go! trust me after a week you really loose your sweet tooth, and you may not need them at all.
February 24, 2014 01:33 PM EST
tracygern said:
The sugar free jello is fine and in mho much better than the Atkins snacks in phase one. The sugar alcohols in the Atkins products are not tolerated by many, many people and end up causing a stall or reduced weight loss. My best advice is to stay away from them until you have been doing the program long enough to know how eating them is affecting your weight loss. The are great if you can tolerate them - I eat them from time to time as snacks, or in an emergency where there is no other option. The frozen dinners are much better - I use those when I just can't be bothered to cook, or I haven't been shopping and need something quick to eat.
February 24, 2014 02:09 PM EST
Jacq said:
Hi Erika Welcome to Atkins! The jello is acceptable - count each serving as 1 net carb and 1 serving of artificial sweetener - however it contains no nutritional value the bars and shakes make great snacks. Very few people actually have issue with them - many are quick to blame them but a quick look at their menu shows it is not within the guidelines. they have a lot more nutritional value than jello. Stay within the guidelines though - no more than 2 per day and personally I think one is enough. You need to ensure you are getting all your veggie carbs :)
February 24, 2014 02:55 PM EST
Caroll51 said:
I agree with Tracy and sooo desagree with jack. I think saying that those "Atkins" product don't stall many of us and it is just because we don't follow the plan properly is a real insult, YES Sooo many people stall with those products and they keep you addicted to sugary stuff, you keep wanting more and more, but your goal is to stop the addiction to sugar and it's taste. The latest books has Dr.Atkins's name on it but have been writeen by other people in search of profits, Dr.Atkins main goal was for you to be thin and healthy. These last people want you to eat bars, shakes, meals, their main goal is to make money. This is just my opinion, yes, but if you do some researches online you will see that I am right, I did a lot of reading and so much is proving me right... The Jello is great when you have a sweet tooth and want to stay on trac but they won't be helpful in achieving your goal of getting red of the sugar addiction (taste) I have lost over 100 lbs with the original Dr.Atkins way of eating and I am a firm believer that anything that came after him, without his review and approval, should not be accepted as HIS way of eating... Love Caroll
February 24, 2014 03:53 PM EST
wi woods said:
I think the bars and shakes really affect everyone so very differently, truly I think you loose a lot of your sweet tooth in a very short time, another great thing i found, is no sugar added vlassic sweet gerkins pickles. they are awesome, sweet crunchy, zero calories less then 1 carb!!! yummy
February 24, 2014 04:03 PM EST
devra4u said:
I like the sugar free jello with the real whipped cream on top. I found heavy whipped cream has 0 carbs... :) So what if there is no nutritional value if you need to have something sweet it is better to have this than a hot fudge brownie sundae (in my opinion).
February 26, 2014 10:22 PM EST
devra4u said:
Oh, I have no intention of getting over sugar. I just want it not to control me when I am anxious or stressed. I am eating one treat bar a day and today it is worth it not to go binge on a sugarfest! I am on day 4 and have lost 2 lbs. so maybe I would have lost more by now, but I'm happy with the 2 lbs... best of luck!
February 26, 2014 10:24 PM EST